A common practice is to pirate Windows for free. This is illegal and immoral...

A common practice is to pirate Windows for free. This is illegal and immoral. Lots of engineers spend many thousands of hours writing the software, and if you're going to use it, then you should compensate them for their work. Would you do your job for free?

Attached: 5dcae5f37d56a61444bccac16b79b44a.gif (200x200, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zHm_6AQ7CY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would gladly do my job for free if everyone else did theirs for free on the mutual understanding that we're all benefiting from each other's labor.

It works great in computing but nowhere else.

I pirate Windows for my VMs because there is no way for me to buy a single LTSB copy, and I have to use Windows in order to use other things I want to use.
However, the consumer version would harvest my data, which is just as immoral, and it would shill other MS products for me. Therefore it's not immoral, because Microsoft wouldn't sell me a copy of Windows without making me a product myself. Also, since almost all PCs that I've ever bought came with Windows that I had to pay for as a part of the price for that computer, despite never using it I own at least 3 copies of Windows.

Attached: oldmanyell.jpg (400x300, 22K)

>illegal and immoral
they gave Windows 10 for FREE

Because a code written once can be replicated as much as it has to be replicated, but physical goods have to be produced to meet the demand. A line of code meets all the demand for this single line of code by existing somewhere where people could read it.

Microsoft makes their money via licensing to businesses and institutions.
Nobody cares if you, a single individual, use windows without paying. Do that as a business and watch the MS legal team tear you a new one.

they are on the record paying OEMs to put Windows on their PCs

Why do you think that is?

If they make everyone used to only using Windows, then they'll get the money where it really counts (business product licenses).

i want to fuck Tewi

>have virtual monopoly among home users
>embed spyware and advertising so you can collect more money per user
>less immoral than single time piracy

>muh morality
yargh! imma feed ye to the sharks, landlubber!

>Lots of engineers spend many thousands of hours writing the software
I wonder regularly about them, and if they are ever ashamed by their results.

They can't even create a decent Settings system, we're still using Control Panel half the time.

>Pirating Redstar OS - Microsoft Edition
Pathetic

Yeah but with all the headaches Windows gives you, you deserve compensation for the time lost.

There was a site posted in a stupid questions thread with a site selling LTSB keys. $150 each.

yeah, these are not legit either, they are stealing from MS as much as you do pirating. You can't buy a single LTSB copy, they just have a face corporation and they are selling keys that aren't meant for sale. So basically you are making scammers richer.

>pirate Windows for free.
in contrast to what? pirating windows for a cost?

てててててててててててて

ですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですですです

>Lots of pajeets spend many thousands of hours writing shitty, untested software
Fixed that for you

This is copypasta from Logical Increments.

wtf i love pirating now

>you should compensate them for their work
no their bosses should and they did
microsoft is one richest companies on the planet
all of their workers are paid regardless if I pirate windows or not
and the company still makes billions a year

FUCKING COMMUNIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: angry_pepe.jpg (900x900, 65K)

Why pirate Winshit?
Just use all F/LOSS stuff for free.

Doh!

I paid for Windows 7 and 10 now fuck off.

No, but good luck pirating a graphics card.

On laptops? Don't kid yourself, it's already paid for.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-07 Windows 10 - Microsoft Store Australia .png (3252x1923, 427K)

kek

If they want me to pay for Windows 10 they should sell LTSB.

Attached: 1528222472720.jpg (498x487, 181K)

>common practice
No it isn't anymore actually.

the engineers are getting paid the same no matter what. the only people facing losses is their managers.

I would pay for it if i got to see the source code

>paying for a microcuck sponsorship for the low price of $1XX a year is what memes do to your brain

>Would you do your job for free?
I actually did in my spare time before the project owners started paying me. I write software for a living.

Imo, software should be free. I don't get paid for products, I get paid for my service/time. I spend my time writing software that is released to the public under a liberal license.

I see no reason not to give my software away after I've already written it, and the company I work for feels the same way. The work is already done, and I've already been paid for it.

We write software for utility, not profit. The utility is the means to the profit, not the profit device in itself.

Does the company get the money through donations?

I did not write this, btw.

My original was:
>A common practice is to pirate Windows for free. This is illegal and you really should not do it.

how about i pirate it anyway you negro bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=4zHm_6AQ7CY

>Lots of engineers spend many thousands of hours writing the software, and if you're going to use it, then you should compensate them for their work.
They don't get money from sales and after what they did with Win10 they should pay me to use their spyware at all.

Lots of pajeets*

No. Mainly from investors who want to build profit devices on top of what we write or have a business that already depends on it.

It's the typical OSS model. Not "FLOSS", this is important to mention in a business context. This means we get the same clientele that a FLOSS project would get, as well as other perks from a whole different market of clients who may or may not share our own ideals.

Indians aren't human. I partake in the fruits of their labor like I partake in the flesh of cattle. They are beneath me and exist only to facilitate my will. It is not immoral, but amoral, and the law is unjust for failing to appropriately relate superior to inferior.

Attached: kamui_cool_as_ice.jpg (784x1020, 116K)

Not quite user, for to partake in domestic labor is not amoral, but moral, for the mere act of partaking in it generates an ecological niche for which they have the imperative to occupy, thereby justifying their existence. To deny them existence would be far too cruel regardless of their inferiority, and as such we must burden ourselves as white men and stomach as much of their cuisine as we reasonably can.

Attached: banana.jpg (640x425, 104K)

buy a license for home version and install LTSB.
It's that much how am I willing to pay. I don't use their shitty aftersale support services anyways.
Remember hagging is not a crime.

Last OS I paid for was XP, if 10 wasn't such trash I'd buy it, but 10 is irredeemably shit.

No I wouldn't do my job for free, but what is your point? These "engineers" are getting paid despite the fact that I and many other run a pirated windows installation. I'm not going to make a difference by buying Windows. Microsoft has more than enough money to pay their employees and Windows is not their only profitable product.

>Would you do your job for free?
I already do. It's sad.