Palemoon removed from Slackware

>The reason? Primarily the attitude of its developers. The main developer is ridiculing Slackware. When working on my initial SlackBuild script and trying to obtain approval to use their ‘official branding’ I had a seriously grim argument with the lead minion of the developer group and the lead maintainer had to step in to appease. That set me off on the wrong foot from the beginning, but I thought an alternative to Firefox would be beneficial to Slackware users, so I added the package and build script despite my misgivings.However, the above is not how a respectful relationship between developer and distributor works. Also, Moonchild refuses to mention me as a “contributed build” on the “contributed builds” page.
>And frankly, I have enough of the arrogant attitude that all issues with their browser (which is a derivative of Mozilla Firefox code, forked before the moment certain big changes were being made to Firefox) are caused by packagers who compile and distribute their own binaries and never caused by the developers. That just falls short of confessing that their code is not mature yet.

alien.slackbook.org/blog/pale-moon-browser-removed-from-my-repository/

I'm tired of this goddamn furfag (Moonchild) screwing everything up. He's already gotten his browser removed from OpenBSD and Slackware for being an incessant asshole to the developers. Moonchild needs to grow the fuck up and learn to deal with people if he wants anyone to use Palemoon. The level of unprofessionalism this crybaby displays is off the goddamn charts. Palemoon is the last halfway usable fucking browser on the planet, and it's practically committing suicide as a project by treating the entire free software community like shit. Being high and mighty about "muh brand" is completely antithetical to everything free software is about, and frankly, my disappointment is immeasurable.

Attached: 3ad6f9bf70e8ba6d62d2d12b0f7e0f2d_400x400.png (400x400, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86#issuecomment-363024386
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=5772
freenode.logbot.info/palemoon/20180903
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Waterfox blows it the fuck out.

>using furryware in first place

Attached: 24748.jpg (726x677, 144K)

> entire free software community like shit
Free software community is trash and filled with thin skins. Solid devs doesn't give a flying fuck what others think like Linus and wm4.

This.
I previously used palemoon, moved to waterfox never looked back.
All my extensions still work except for a few old Jetpack ones (that dont work on palemoon either since furfag thought it too much work to maintain jetpack) and the browser is faster.

>he fell for the palememe

Attached: 1518649329980.gif (640x360, 537K)

This is why Slackware is the most based distro.
We don’t need that garbage.

Attached: image.jpg (360x263, 160K)

more like openbsd is the most based.
Theo's more chad than your dad.

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86#issuecomment-363024386

Icecat, qutebrowser, and otter-browser are all better

Waterfox is a botnet. Any other suggestions?
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html

ffs why can't you autists just use an old version of firefox and turn off updates? All your doing is ripping off old code and rebranding it anyway.

the absolute state

After the whole ad naseum shit I dropped the browser. Fuck furry moon

and who knows what kind of malware or snoopware they got installed on their distro's? You going to go through all their code with a fine tooth comb and compile everything yourselves?

What do you use now?
Inb4 botnetbrowser or obscure memebrowser

nothing will be good enough for you, so I suggest you just stop using the internet.

>A browser used by 2 people removed from a distro used by 5 people

This will send ripples...

palememe and waterfox are just FF with a custom User.js, stops being normies Jow Forums larppers

I use curl into vscode with html parsing and beautifier.

Slackware is pretty popular around here. Lurk moar.

Attached: unknown (1).png (602x800, 331K)

Hope the furfag who runs it yiffs in hell & obscurity

Attached: linux_Solus_1481081304742.png (750x623, 133K)

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=5772
more manchild autism

yeah use true Jow Forums vapourware software like netrunner

Cuckchan is broken in palememe.

>That just falls short of confessing that their code is not mature yet.
Is it possible to compile that crap? I always end up with errors.

Attached: az.jpg (704x396, 47K)

>around here
who cares

Quit using fucking neocities as a source you fucking shill.

wew
Moonchild is a fucking sperg.

UNGOOGLED
CHROMIUM

I only really browse Jow Forums when I think about it. It doesn't even matter what browser I use, since the rest of the web is dogshit now anyway. I'll stick with Palemoon even if it is coded by a practically diaper wearing furfag autist.
Even if it does royally shit the bed soon, its not like its hard to export Firefox profiles.

Attached: 1521951389863.jpg (1018x626, 618K)

No you dont.

At least you people finally realize this browser drama is bullshit.

>drama in the meme browser world

yet another reason to say no to meme browsers

That mattatobin guy looks like a turbo autist.

He had to beg for a ban from their forums because of his constant sperging. Moonchild seems to have had enough of him.

Their entire forum is like a more retarded version of reddit

We will remove this browser because THEY HURT OUR FEE-FEES

Fucking neck yourself

>Using a furry furfag badly written shit garbage code forked from obsolete Firefox code

TOP KEK

Go away moonchild.

Hi Tobin

Attached: fag.png (420x420, 249K)

It has nothing to do with feefees. If you read the OP, Bob had trouble even dealing with the motherfuckers because muh branding and shit, which goes against everything free software stands for.

This guy is too much of a faggot to be the TFC Heavy.

Attached: heavy.jpg (128x256, 8K)

Furfags never grow up.

Attached: palemoonkun.jpg (1024x999, 449K)

Kek you jew tards are just mad about how fucking great palemoon is. Go back to windows 10 and google chrome jew tards.

>Make the logo
>%s/Pale Moon/Blood Moon/g
>Tell the fat furfag to go fuck a dragon dildo
>???
>Profit!
After the OpenBSD debacle, I have no idea how Pale Moon hasn't gotten the Iceweasel treatment. Now that this is happening a second time, I'm continuing to be baffled.

Also Bob is an absolute saint of a man and I'm glad this is the kind of person in charge of Slack, even if the Palemoon fucks continue to double down on their faggotry.
>To all of you calling it a crappy browser – I don’t think it is a crappy browser. That was not my reason for removing it from the repository.
>The Pale Moon developer team is small, they have to work with a big codebase, and they need to support Windows, Linux and all the other OS-es out there. That makes their job a lot harder, and I think they mostly succeed in creating a good alternative browser for people who think that Mozilla chose the wrong path with their Firefox browser development. There are many people who are looking for alternatives to Firefox, and do not want to use the Google browsers.
>That is my un-biased opinion. However for a product to be embraced, the developer should not alienate his users and carelessly dismiss the distro packagers who should be their vehicle to get the software adopted into the distro ecosystem.
>That is where they failed, and that is why I stopped spending time on packaging the Pale Moon code.
>As was said above, Linux, and Slackware in particular, is all about freedom of choice. Pale Moon browser is still within reach of every Slackware user who wants it. Just not from me any longer.

>great
>palemoon

Moonchild's avatar is so fucking gross, couldn't be at least one bit more professional?

>vscode
Might as well just use Chrome at that point. It's literally the same botnet.

True. I was considering sublime

L U A K I T

>scratches palemoon off the list

why does this guy use windows

Why the hell does Palemoon need custom system libraries?

This is a red flag if there ever was one; if you can't handle OpenBSD's system libraries, something is fucked up with your software.

It's unfortunate that the main dev has that attitude. I've seen his posts on GitHub about the BSD package and, from the description of that slack dev, it seems similar.

They should encourage their software to be used, and have the four essential freedoms exerted on them. If branding was such an issue, a Pale Moon developer could step in and help producing a rebranded build instead (like Iceweasel once was).

W3M and Lynx are the ultimate browsers.

Attached: autism.png (1103x38, 15K)

>t.

Attached: lehappymerchant.gif (501x504, 11K)

HOL UP

So waterfox is shit or is the neocities user sperging?

>So waterfox is shit
yes
>is the neocities user sperging?
yes

What's the sanest FF implementation?

IT'S CALLED "PALE MOON" BECAUSE WEREWOLVES
HOLY SHIT AM I THE FIRST TO FIGURE THIS OUT?

Waterfox
>bbut that sperging guy
Won't ever be pleased. Waterfox isn't perfect, but it's the best available that's still based on FF.

t. moonchild

>implying he would ever make his dark secret public
nice try moonchild

I use firefox again lmao.

idk tenfourfox is pretty good tbdesu

fork him then..

FF just disable telemetry and google shit

>Well, I went to their #palemoon forum on Freenode to ask why the hostility as shown in freenode.logbot.info/palemoon/20180903 (NewTobinParadigm Well AlienSnob can fuck off) and got banned there before I had the chance to write more than three sentences.

What's the fucking problem of those autists?

>who cares
ppl around here?