Neckbeard paki edition

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Use HWinfo, SIV, etc. not Speccy
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>i3 8100 - Bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G/R5 2400G - If you aren't buying a GPU
>i5 8400 - Best value for gaming
>R5 2600/x - Good for multithreaded work
>i7 8700k/R7 2700x - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform OR wait for intel 9th gen (est. release November)
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>wait for RTX 2000 if you are rich
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans UNLESS they are much cheaper
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Avoid Vega since Nvidia has sales now
>1070Ti/1080 /w a 75+ hz monitor
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>1080Ti medium/high settings
>2080Ti

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jHVBFt
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011162
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anyone know of a decent not too expensive case that will fit pic related? ~31cm wide e-atx

Attached: Capture.png (383x346, 337K)

I am missing one standoff driver is it okay to put my motherboard on it?

>Avoid Vega since Nvidia has sales now
Lmao this dumb, blatant shill, ignoring that Vega sales have been even better.

yeah fuck it dood
nothing will happen other than your mobo might short but that is very unlikely

Just fucking buy it user - you don't need benchmarks to know its a good goy card.

how do I fix it

your early death from the kidney you sold will at least be raytraced

#
Is two 3.5" bays a firm requirement? I personally use a Silverstone SG13B-Q and have a 2.5" SSD for boot and a 3.5" HDD for mass storage. I want to say I've heard of guys modifying these cases to fit 2 3.5" but personally not sure what that requires. . . It's a nice case tho, about the size of a shoebox and can fit most full size cards (even 1080ti).

Attached: SST-SG13B-Q-large.jpg (960x793, 137K)

I'm trying to cover every hole. But apparently either my case or the mobo left one out. Here's my current config

X X X
X X X
X O
X

my mobo has about 4 screws in and works fine

best 120mm case fans?

1080 - $430
Vega 56 - $450

Yeah bro vega is totally a better pick kek

>mfw just bought 6x new 10TB WD Reds for £224 a pop for my RAIDZ2 file server

Attached: 1346451836483.jpg (462x435, 175K)

>easy as Legos
>Forgot to buy certain Lego pieces

>I can't install 2.5hdd because ssds have some special screw holes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>I can't install 2.5hdd
Yes you can. You don't need to screw it in. It'll be a cleaner install, but you can get it to work without that.

>not using blu-tack to attach SSDs to your case

>not using m.2 ssds

I'll try it out then user thanks. Do you know if there is a bracket or something online that I can get for it?
Have one on the way but comes in a month

How much difference does a more expensive motherboard make? As long as it has all the sockets and connections I need, what's the difference between a 100€ and a 200€ motherboard?

Quality. If your not OC or not using a good cpu you can get a cheap as mobo

What CPU should I replace my i5 2400 with? I want to switch to AMD.

2600 or 2700 no question

Is pccasegear really the best value in Australia?

Attached: 8B08D08A-AD2D-4EF0-BF89-500DB5644068.png (799x729, 117K)

All right, thank you sir.

If your a Ryzen 2700x owner, i advise doing an all core clock of 4ghz, it sits stable at 1.2-1.35v and gets a cinebench score of 1800 , where the XFR of Ryzen 2700x will fluctuate between 3.9-4.1ghz , using higher volts of 1.4 and gets a cinebench score of 1750

its kind of unusual, my only guess is that XFR is using up more processing power than the benefit it provides, even though ON PAPER it shows 4.050ghz - 4.1ghz, it performs 3% worse overall, again at least on cinebench.

Attached: 1497020071620.png (633x900, 162K)

>nowhere in the manual did it explain to not screw in where there are no stand off screws.
Fuck

Attached: 20180906_153124.jpg (3264x1836, 1.5M)

I fucked up bad. I built my first PC, and after riding the high, decided to go plug it up and test it. Only to see pic related. No hdmi, vga, nothin. I bought this with a 3 2200G, and yes, I know I'm a neanderthal for buying a $275 mobo and only getting a $99 cpu. It was going to be temporary until ryzen 2 comes out. Now I need to know: if I get a cheap gpu, will i still be able to run the integrated gp on the cpu through it? Or am I fucked and have to bottleneck myself to a low end gpu?

Attached: 20180906_183403.jpg (2576x1932, 1.06M)

Is there a cheap, no LEDs/RGB bullshit keyboard that allows many key presses at the same time? I don't wanna get any gaymer looking shit, all I want is a simple keyboard that allows at least 5 or so presses at the same time.

8400 has shit value over r5 2600 faggot shill

kek
just buy some used $50 7970

The integrated could is low end and will bottleneck anything

How can you lie this blatantly? You did the same thing in the previous thread.

How much of a blatant shill can you possibly be to ignore easily verifiable prices?
And even if Vega56 cost $20 more, the good monitors cost $200-$800 less.

Attached: firefox_2018-09-06_18-51-20.png (1268x124, 19K)

im sorry, i dont really understand what you said.

I'm wanting to build a PC for gaming on Linux, abandoning the dual boot I currently use as most of the games I play (valve/blizzard titles) run fine on Linux.
I'd also like to play other random games in wine with the opportunity to potentially do a GPU passthrough down the line if something comes out that that wont wine.
I've been trying to pick out good hardware for this, most information I can find suggests that Intel/Nvidia still gives best performance on Linux for gaming and also works best for GPU passthrough but the OP seems to suggest AMD is better for CPU passthrough.
I also tried to pick a motherboard with good IOMMU support on Linux.
Currently my only concern is that the hardware I have might be overkill for what I'm wanting even given the potential overheads of Wine, money isn't a concern but obviously I wouldn't want to overspend.
Suggestions welcome.
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jHVBFt

Attached: asdf.png (1169x597, 64K)

Ignore this idiot:
Don't just arbitrarily spend more money on a mobo because you have a "quality" cpu or want to overclock.

For intel overclocking, the chipset is the only thing that matters. Theres not a single asus/asrock/msi/gigabyte z370 board that can't handle overclocking.

The price premium is solely for extra/"better" ports/expansion slots/onboard wifi/onboard sound

get ryzen 2700x cpu & you wont need cooler master, alsao its way better what are you doing buying intel in 2018

get 650w power supply, your going to regret not doing it in the future

Not finding anything. Any alternatives? I'm trying to keep it under $75

I was under the impression that if you went with Nvidia for graphics it was generally best to get Intel CPU.

I will upgrade the power supply thanks for the suggestion. Is 650 standard?

Another faggot inturd shill thread

try a 280x?
270x?

What could go wrong if I bought a used CPU with a warranty?

Warranty will likely require proof of purchase if it's bought from some random person.

I just ordered a BenQ PD3200U, how bad did I fuck up? I want a bigass IPS screen, but I looked at some curved ultrawides at a store and wasn't too impressed so I went for a 32" flat 4k monitor instead.

I'm mostly gaming and editing photos, but I'm not too worried about "gaming" stuff like really low response times or high refresh rates or whatever. It would've been nice to have G-sync, but the only 32" 4k G-sync monitor is a really ugly Acer.

Had the cryto-currency craze and RAM price fixing permanently fucked PC-building forever? I just spent 2 hours building my friend a PC and couldnt for the life of me make something better than some shitty Chinknovo prebuilt. Sure I got him better RAM and Mobo and PSU but I cant tell him with a straight face to get the 2400g with vega 11 instead of G4560+1050 while paying 30$ extra.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011162

Anyone have this monitor?

enjoy you're eye cancer

Isn’t the point of the x models to not need overclocking? I’m looking at the 2600x and was under the impression that this xfr2 business was a good thing

That is terrible advice. What the fuck?

FUCK these PINS

>Some sockets don't have indicator if they are + or -
>Only way found out was there was a tiny arrow on the back of it hardly noticible.

Attached: 20180906_183907.jpg (3264x1836, 1.53M)

why is it terrible though? If he was right then I dont feel comfortable having my CPU on 1.4V while performs worse.

still building? told you it was going to be stressful
also you're a brainlet

Only the leds needs to be put in the right way and if you put them wrong then nothing happens so just do them again

why connect front panel outside of the case?

There is no benefit with going Intel/Nvidia compared to AMD/Nvidia

That wasn't there a couple hours ago, probably a one day deal or something because no one buys this shit card. Still a $430 1080 is so much better price/performance or even a 1070ti for sub 400
>pulls the sync meme card again
Oh yeah that's your only argument to buy a housefire vega

Looking to build my first PC. Not looking to build the best of the best, but what would be the biggest difference in picking either a i5-8600k vs i7-7700k?

the 8600k has 2 more cores and the 7700k is a house fire

Why oh why would you get either of those?

Seething AMD shill. The 8600k destroys anything AMD at gaming.

>gaming in 2018
cool are you gonna play quicktime events 5 : more cutscenes edition or weeb pantsu quest 92 - this time the lolis fight using lolis edition

Beats looking at Cinebench and zipping huge ass files all day.

DUDE I NEED MY CUTTING EDGE HARDWARE TO PLAY GAMES IN 4K
>cool whats the last game you played that you enjoyed
>wait what do you mean you spent 2k on a pc to browse Jow Forums and youtube?

>performance difference >"destroys anything AMD"!!

At a higher cost, with no stock cooler and security vulnerabilities. Sounds like a good deal. And 1155 is still a dead platform for 10nm. Whenever that comes out.

>he doesn't recommend muh jewtel so he his amdrone xddd
Fuck off you retarded mongrel shill.
7700K is a literal housefire from last generation and the 8600K is simply stupid. Only the 8700K and 8400 are a valid choice for Intel.
You may not like it but 2600X is still the better overall choice for most people.

>10nm. Whenever that comes out.
delet dis

why is the 8600k stupid?

What in the actual fuck. Why the fuck are you shilling for giga corporations you fuck? If you were saying "buy whichever is cheaper between 1070 ti and vega 56" nobody would bat an eye, but even OP suggesting Nvidia even though in the midrange market it is a fucking draw in most games and a blatant win if you consider memesync.

Because benchmarks aren't real world performance.
The real world of having a lower idle, boosting to 3.9-4.1ghz, and boosting to 4.35Ghz on 1-2 cores, is better than being fixed at a 4GHz UNDERCLOCK.
> I dont feel comfortable having my CPU on 1.4V while performs worse.
It's designed to go up to nearly 1.6v in short bursts.

Fuck off retard. That Vega56 is $385. Adaptive sync isn't a meme. Stop tricking people into screen tearing garbage.

Because you're paying $500 for the motherboard+cpu+cooler combo for only 6 threads versus ~$300 for 12 threads that is still within like 6% in single threaded.

Because I'm an idiot.
Feels bad man, for my first PC I've fucked up so much.
>Everyone else says it's easy first time
>Mfw installing mobo

Attached: 1489819551203.png (512x812, 333K)

Just make sure you put the io shield in before you put your mobo in your case
Once you've got the mobo in then it's plain sailing

so i take it the thread's official amd shill stopped namefagging?

Requires aftermarket cooler, fast RAM and Z mobo for little real world improvement.
You basically pay a stupid amount of money for what you can get cheaper with either the 8400 or 2600X.

THANKFULLY some user a few threads ago told me about that and I remembered.

That thing was a bitch to push in because it kept pushing my mobo out of place

Attached: 20180906_155024.jpg (3264x1836, 1.46M)

that was me you penis

Proof or gtfo

you replied and said whats an IO shield and tried to use spoilers on Jow Forums
brainlet

I tried it out it's more expensive even without the cooler for the Ryzen 2700x in the UK. Cheapest is £280.

N-no I didn't. [Spoiler]Based user giving helpful advice.[/spoiler]

Attached: hex maniac (pokemon) pokemon character pokemon trainer 7107153.jpg (1163x1152, 152K)

You can still figure out who he is with how he is seething and shilling see this nigga is saying benchmarks are fake now and thinks screen tearing is noticeable above 100 fps. He even admits intel is better for gaming but still says "buy amd because you get more threads even though you are gonna use half of them".

hurry up and show me your pc you spastic
dont forget to download msi mystic light and the app for your phone so you can fuck about with the rgb lighting

dont copy my teal/turqoise colour scheme

my amd r5 2600 just came in today, but i dont have the rest of the parts. i opened the box to inspect it, and during my inspection i got some glue from the bottom of the fan on my finger. did i just fuck all that glue up or am i fine?

Attached: 1535832288755.png (640x640, 27K)

that's why i posted
he's too obvious

This seething shill says you're guaranteed over 100fps in every game. lmfao

yes and no. customer service is trash compared to scorptec but prices are 5-10 difference.

prices are so bad in ausfagland I would buy a ps4 today if it was on sale.

A 1070ti/1080 gets easily 100+ in most games faggot. Even if it gets 80 in rare ocassions you still can't notice screen tearing. I bet you don't even use memesync anyways

>Requires aftermarket cooler, fast RAM and Z mobo for little real world improvement.

Are you talking about the 2700x?

8600K, don't be stupid.

hi im the guy that made the underclock advice

yes the boost to 4.2 on ryzen is nice for single cores but the idle temps/volts are higher than a manual OC, and performs worse on benchmarks

it might not be "real world" performance but if it benchmarks higher using less volts thats a win for me

Alright bros I'm coming across another problem I accidentally put gpu power cable into this slot since the little pins fit.

Then I took another look online and apparently it's wrong? So I looked at my cousin cable and the pins don't match the pins on the mobo. Here's cpu power plug

Attached: 20180906_193836.jpg (3264x1836, 1.58M)

nvidia (((OPTIMIZED))) some games to perform better, and might have also optimized intel chips to work with nvidia better, but that was years ago and is frowned upon in the industry

650w is because today's hardware is a bit beefier and hungrier when it comes to power, and your better having a higher headroom for thermal efficiency, load balance and higher OC ability when you YOLO the pc 4 years down the line

Corsair 500R, will be a tight fit though

And here's the mobo slot for me to put power into. It doesn't match.

Attached: 20180906_193906.jpg (3264x1836, 2.72M)

Ok nevermind. The semiround plugs are universal or something. Gonna go stick it in.

What's going to be my best cpu/gpu combo for a build totaling around 1200?

You have to change the thermal paste now. It's not hard.

Cheapest FreeSync monitor is $300
Cheapest G-Sync monitor is $500
Both are 1080p 144Hz. Is G-Sync worth the extra $200? I have a GTX 1060 so I won't hit 144fps in many games.

Attached: 1536100454290.jpg (337x290, 56K)

how do i do it?