youtube.com/watch?v=QOG6DAVFrkc
atariarchives.org/basicgames/showpage.php?page=64
youtube.com/watch?v=31F7UquTatU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not saying this gives lgr a woody

>LRG
Fuck off

warosu.org/g/thread/S67429381#p67429490

I went back there today and the bugger was gone. I guess the dude from Harrisburg got it. Good luck to him then.

hey goise phil back here with another bideo.

I hate LGR, I really do.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (250x333, 31K)

Gtx 580 here, can I join?

Attached: 1535795226473-pol.jpg (600x739, 123K)

Yes.

Attached: 8bitcuck.webm (852x478, 2.58M)

Holy shit. My folks had a case like that back in 95 but in black. Jesus.

Attached: PET 8096SK.jpg (1280x960, 273K)

What do people have against LGR/8BitGuy? Is it solely the fact they drive tech prices up?

I enjoy their videos mostly, barring LGR's sims videos. Tech Tales is a great history series.

I see you Clint.

You caught me.

Attached: file.png (960x960, 1.47M)

That's a face even a mother couldn't love.

Probably a good chunk of it is jealousy that they're doing something vaguely productive/profitable with their tech hobbies, rather than just sitting on a Japanese cartoon imageboard complaining about how everything sucks.

>makes reto thread
Nice!
>mentions LGR purposely like a hipster shit OP probably is
No thanks.

Childish videos with little variety IMO. Only reason why I don't watch them, older tech tales were interesting, now it's just boring. I don't hate him, just don't like the videos.

What the fuck?

Attached: 1531285820675.jpg (269x268, 22K)

Have some more.

youtube.com/watch?v=E3OlkwESmYM

youtube.com/watch?v=f8okeQTarLs

youtube.com/watch?v=tT22nWCSH9U

youtube.com/watch?v=drj6PwbzEk4

youtube.com/watch?v=Kp_xAXKkhTE

youtube.com/watch?v=lO-DZBpVv8A

youtube.com/watch?v=6rwymyb6gZ0

youtube.com/watch?v=TA3Y28jCbps

youtube.com/watch?v=rC3j2_EqNis

youtube.com/watch?v=QOG6DAVFrkc

Attached: 1500245628354.jpg (519x533, 94K)

If you watch the video, he explains the power supply that came with the machine didn't seem to be outputting enough power to activate the video card, so he was going to apply power seperately. The cap that popped was old anyway, and no harm came to the board. The actual issue turned out to be a broken 12V trace.

Yeah it's a little jank, but it made perfect sense and didn't hurt anything. Fuck i've done the same with a PC power supply powering a SATA hard drive when I was trying to recover data from it but had a spare SATA data port but no spare SATA power.

Mostly jealousy, or edgy kids who think hating things makes them adults.

>youtube.com/watch?v=QOG6DAVFrkc

Fake as fuck. If you actually imploded a CRT like that, you'd be killed/impaled by flying glass.

Lot of butthurt on the comment section, but the CRT wouldn't be that hard to replace. It's an ordinary 13" color tube made in the millions; you can probably steal one from an old TV.

Have you even done it? I guess not by your dumb inaccurate post.

Wait, why did he refer to the floppy PCBs as "motherboards"? The fuck.

Wrong
Dot pitch and count are entirely different from a color TV of the time

Yeah I know TVs had a more coarse shadow mask. A TV tube of the same size would be electrically compatible with the chassis, although you probably wouldn't like using 80 column text very much. Actually, Tandy sold just such a monitor--the CM-5 and in practice it was only usable in 40 column mode. They had a more expensive model, the CM-11 with a higher dot pitch. I have one myself and still find 80 column text kind of straining.

I saw a comparison chart somewhere and the 5153 had better dot pitch than the Tandy monitors and also better than the PCjr's monitor.

Edgy faggots will always try to be edgy.
Like when rich little shits burn money in front of poor people.
I can't be angry at someone who's already dead inside.

Attached: 1232218016415.jpg (317x238, 10K)

It's an act he's putting on for the video. Nobody could possibly be that dumb IRL. I think.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people on the internet.

Attached: klondike.jpg (275x253, 18K)

How sure of that are you?

Not enough woodgrain for him to get a woody

Just took the guts out of an XW5000 to fill it with an x370, 1080ti and 16gb RAM.
Pretty fucking heavy. Makes me think of drag racers who put corvette engines in Toyotas and shit.

Well he hasn't been back in this thread.

Wait, how the fuck did this guy manage to reproduce and have a kid? Or is it not his real kid and it's an actor.

atariarchives.org/basicgames/showpage.php?page=64

Typed this in on VICE because it's football season. Added a clear screen command and changed the arrays to integers for memory conservation.

That's ok, I'd rather have a C128 and that C64 was in unknown working condition.

this is like hitler burning books

And Godwin's Law invoked. Noice.

I notice none of his videos actually teach you anything useful about the hardware. What's the point of them then?

What's a good '90s mechanical keyboard I can actually customize?

Attached: 1536221873751.png (451x619, 429K)

Nonexistent.

Dell AT101W

There's a ton of channels that rely solely on destroying shit to cause outrage to get clicks. It's probably one of the most cynical types of channel there is.

The best thing to do is just ignore them. If everyone just ignored these dudes they wouldn't make any money, ergo they'd stop because holy shit I just spent $500 on this fucking console and broke it and I didn't get any money for it

The problem is that these channels generate massive followings of stupid schoolchildren that cannot be reasoned with and keep encouraging them to vandalize/destroy irreplaceable things. You and I ignoring this guy won't change anything.

Sure, but yelling and screaming about them isn't going to change anything either.

I'm getting flashbacks to when the Youtube channel poopoogarret destroyed perfect condition vintage Mac computers. It's hard alone to find one mint but seeing mint ones getting destroyed is absolutely enraging.

The part that pisses me off the most is when he destroys the CRT display. He even comments earlier about how cool it is that you can see the pac-man screen burned into the display. A literal picture of it's history... Then he just smashes it with a sledgehammer and goes "WHOA!" Fucking asshole.

Now I want my Strike Commander rig back!

// 486DX-50

That's exactly what's so insufferable about him: he's running another dime-a-dozen "buy up expensive shit and then smash it for views" channel. This guy then brings his dumbass kid along and pretends like it's a productive exercise in the scientific method.

I read about how bout how arcade cabinet parts are getting rarer and rarer and how within out lifetimes its likely there will be less than 100 arcade cabinets from pre-1985 left in the world.

Asswipes like this guy sure as shit don't help that problem from getting any better.

I don't understand people like this.

At least it isn't as bad as how many classic cars get destroyed for the sake of movie production.

Twat

its mostly reproductions or cgi in movies, or if it is real it's usually the cheapest most rotten base trim example they could find that gets drenched in bondo and a door shut paint job

Doesn't the EPA explicitly warn not to bust CRTs like that?

...and expose their children to potential danger and hazardous materials. That monitor could not only still have residual high voltage but contains toxic heavy metals and is really dangerous if mishandled. Very nice stuff to expose your kid to.

the coil should've shocked him and his retarded zoomer kid

I don't get how this What's Inside? guy seems to never actually understand how any of the stuff he destroys works. I always thought dads were supposed to know all of that stuff. When I was his kid's age, my dad could have told me just about everything about how stuff works.

What kind of desktop is that?

You can swap caps on pretty much all cherry based boards

Theoretically yes, but no-one magically gains knowledge of how things work when they knock someone up, and not everyone puts in any effort to learn at least some basics of how most stuff works.

G80-5000 or whatever it was it ijwa;'ts some cherry mx boardddd

As far as that Pac-Man cabinet was concerned, that's not too bad because he only destroys the cab and that's just wood. They keep the PCB and joysticks and the CRT had screen burn and should probably be junked anyway and replaced.

guess it's cool now

what's up with his hair?

I always thought it was interesting that in the US throughout the 80s, Pac-Man never had a set design for artwork, marketing, and merchandise. Different companies and artists with the Pac-Man license had their own interpretations of their character, like how he has big red eyes on this. I say in the US, because for all artwork and merchandise in Japan, Pac-Man had a consistent design (a smiling yellow ball with red boots and orange mittens) that would go on to appear in later games, like Pac-Land and the Pac-Man World trilogy.

Namco didn't have a US branch until the 90s, so that explains the complete lack of consistency in Pac-Man's design outside of Japan.

Anyone that comes across that squeaky-clean, upper-middle class, looking like his family belongs in a print ad for home insurance, his entire image/persona is very "produced" and fake. you know he's got some kinda dark, creepy, morbid secrets.

I'll let you take a guess what they could be.

The best part is when he let his son poke around the monitor. Really. This is a grown adult who apparently has a child and a relatively nice house and he doesn't understand that CRT innards should be treated with great respect and fear?

I'm more scared that this guy managed to reproduce because reproducing requires sex, which means some woman was disturbed enough to provide said sex.

I don't understand the audience for these videos. It's so mindless.

The majority of youtube viewers are kids. Kids like screaming and breaking things.

Ironically the audience is the people who hate it. It's basically a form of trolling. Don't watch these videos, even if you do watch it just to dislike it and leave and angry comment, because YouTube still sees that as activity and will promote it more.

a local mall burned down and it had a original pacman arcade machine and yes it was destroyed in it :(

The guy who does this channel that does all this destruction lives fairly local to me. I've seen a few videos, nothing I thought was too terrible. Now I'm just ashamed that I live in the same state.

How destroyed are we talking here?

youtube.com/watch?v=31F7UquTatU

I don't get it. In this video, he seems fairly knowledgeable and even grasps that there could be dangerous high voltage in there, but in other vids like the IBM XT thingie he seems to have no clue what's going on and acts like the thing was dropped in from another planet.

>The guy who does this channel that does all this destruction lives fairly local to me

Someone needs to post his home address.

IDGI.

Attached: 1443209158340.jpg (1500x1000, 237K)

thrustmaster joysticks were bullshit because the plastic retaining thing around the rubber boot would break and the joystick would fall apart and look like something a nigger made

I don’t get the obsession with retro beige pcs. Most of them were trash you just had to deal with.

I've never really been that attached to 90s PCs either. 80s stuff is my real love.

The sounds of the floppy drives and full-height hard drive during the bootup sequence of my old 386 will always be a fond memory
Back when a computer was a real machine with a real switch that went kathunk

Since when did they still have full height drives in the 386 era? That was XT shit. Now I had a 386 with a 5.25" IDE drive that vibrated like a motherfucker, but it was still not a full height unit like the ST-412s.

They look good and have a certain sense of physicality that modern PCs lack.

this, watching it encourages it

where did you find a NOS AT case?

LGR is a fucking jew.

what a fucking idiot.
i can't stand listening to that guy anyways.

sounds like his big jew nose is constantly blocked. incredibly annoying.

>apple and IBM trash
good

I wish Clint would get back to making more Tech Tales. Getting real tired of seeing back to back videos of random computer peripherals.
I mean... a 7 minute video on some shitty old computer speakers? Really?

I like the idea of the computer case laying flat like a VCR with so many 90s computers. Put it under the monitor, it doesn't take up too much space.

Computers commonly having speakers with their own separate volume control.

CD drives having their own 3.5mm audio port.

Dude I had that exact fucking case.

>customize?
Fuck off stupid anime fuck rainbow colored keycap faggot just learn to use GREY for actual WORK not making your stupid keyboard that you shouldnt even be looking at fucking "pretty"

honestly my memory may be fucked but I remember my gateway 386/33 had a full AT case and had a hard drive that was enormous in physical size and had exposed coils and the discs were in a diecast cylindrical housing instead of the modern rectangular one. I think it was around 380 megabytes and we got it in 1990 or 91.
honestly I’m not sure I can definitively say it was full height because it was built into the system and I didn’t get a good look at it until years later when I was scrapping the whole thing but in my memory it looked a lot bigger than a CD-ROM case which is half-height if I’m not mistaken. My main impression is that it looked cobbled together and not at all like what i had come to expect a hard drive to look like.
>tfw I’m 40 fucking years old yet still too young to fully appreciate vintage hardware
where does the time go

>implosion
>sends debris flying