Holy shit Linus shits all over amd fan boys. Is ryzen dead now?

youtube.com/watch?v=iyaqSAotL3w

Holy shit Linus shits all over amd fan boys. Is ryzen dead now?

Attached: amd vs nvidia intel.png (1543x1615, 3.75M)

>We were going to talk about microarchitecture, but if you were interested in substance you wouldn't be watching my videos.

He's a talentless, ignorant hack, but at least he knows his audience.

I saw a lot of EE/CPE in his comment section.

>the comment section
Yikes

Attached: 1535927672135.gif (680x499, 1.64M)

linus is payed to shill things. who the fuck cares what he says? not me.

at leased he is honest , Gamers nexus is a great channel for proper hardware information with no bullshit , just raw data and facts.

Those millions of subscribers do.

Hey that one poster knows of a undisclosed vulnerability that hasn't been disclosed YET. seems like smarter people than what post here desu

This is the first video I check out from CancerTechTips in forever, I cannot believe the fall into bottom of the barrel trash that channel suffered.
First the complete lack of self awareness of his non-existent knowledge of audio -in particular, microphones- and condescending attitude, then the simplification of his vocabulary and appeal to HDD children and now the full blown shilling.
Has any other channel fallen so low? Tech of Tomorrow, maybe?

his viewer are plateauing because the older and more tech savvy are gravitating towards GN and hes got p much all the young teens who are just getting into gaming (the only market he appeals to currently)

Linus and his shill masters are furiously card counting before Zen 2 comes out and memes their 4 year old used up architecture to the ground

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)

Aye yo Jow Forums come along an-a tell me what do ya see?
Why not have a sit n listen to me?
Where were you when THREADRIPPER came to town?
Where were you when blue team shills all laid down?
Oh my life changed that day, oh it did in a wonderful way!
My downloads were pure, my code was clean
And pumping the wife felt plenty more keen!
The shills, no longer dumbfounded, quicky awoke!
With a skip and a pop I ended my stroke!
Heavens o Heavens my Dear the jewery is near!
Come now Love Team Red never does fear.
I rushed and waddled to Jow Forums and what did I see?
One hundred an forty watts a total T-D-P!
I chuckled aloud and said quite proud,
Back to Isreal you jew for you know what's new?
THREADRIPPER is here and your lead you now blew!

>that pic
>AMD are going to kill Nvidia, but be defeated by intel who will become dominant, while AMD survives but fades to obscurity
I seriously don't know if intel dominating the market would be worth outright killing nvidia forever. Maybe.

Attached: 1469664762970.png (498x724, 758K)

>we could talk about real tech but the average 11 year old watching my video would understand shit so we talk about what they get and ultimately only matters
>G A Y M I N G :O

>Linus
I got excited.
>Fake Linux
Sad day.

But Maul kills Qui-Gon, so shouldn't Intel be Qui-Gon?

>intlel is good for gaymen
Yeah, until you try running them gaymes in windowed mode with an OS, browser, antivirus, torrent client, Facebook, etc. in the background.
No amount of ghz will save the corelet and threadlet nature of your CPU when you have to get away from your game for some time.

It doesn't help that most of the testing is done on relatively clean systems either.

Attached: 1483705206313.png (780x720, 611K)

DELID DIS

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

That's why you use a good OS with decent pagefile and context switch.

/thread

Attached: Nvidia RTX technology.jpg (1200x828, 173K)

not even him but lbr, the gaymenchildren mostly use windows because
>gaymes

>millions of subs equals millions of views

>MMORPG

Attached: 1520711135174.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

That's not what I had in my mind, but a very valid point indeed.

>400fps vs 500fps on a 60Hz monitor
>hurr durr, I can see a difference!!!!!!11

fps-phonies are just as bad as audio-phonies

I'd rather not buy Intel or nVidia because of their evil business practices, but AMD's CPUs are just shit when it comes to performance per watt and the machine learning support of their GPUs is bad.

>AMD has the actual literal advantage in 4k the only thing people are aspiring towards now unless they are some 15 year old Fortnite pr0
what did OP mean by this?

>smug
>flippant
>condescension
sure

why would an 8600k have an ever so slightly better result than a 8700k?
if you can't eliminate differences like these how do you expect me to take this benchmark seriously?

>AMD's CPUs are just shit when it comes to performance per watt
kill yourself

Where are my Zen APU based laptops? :/

Looks like he got a paycheck from intel to hype them for the upcoming next release

Name one high-end AMD desktop processor < 50 Watt.

I don't think you know what high-end means
Also, why is that you go-to for performance per watt? Have you actually looked at the performance per watt for ryzen at all?

I honestly think you have no idea what you're talking about and also H I G H L Y doubt that peentel have """"high-end"""" cpu able to consume at most 50W.

>AMD are going to kill Nvidia, but be defeated by intel who will become dominant, while AMD survives but fades to obscurity
That makes literally zero sense, it's the other way around actually.

stop kvetching

Intel Core i7-8700T < 35W
Okay, not the highest end but AMD doesn't offer anything that comes close.
It shits all over the AMD A12-9800E for example.

>I saw commenters on YT and somehow verified their academic credentials did indeed include electrical or computer engineering disciplines, despite only having anonymous username information available to me in most cases.
Just checking real quick - You wouldn't lie on the internet, right?

whatever Intel says the "TDP" is has nothing to do with how much power it consumes, you fucking brainlet
also love how these idiots think these kind of chips are what people have in mind when discussing performance/watt

>Why is the old part possibly slower than the new part?
>Threat detected.exe
>Let's question the benchmarks instead of the conclusions every time
Maybe if you and your kike buddies at Intel came up with actual new value between product generations, we wouldn't have this problem. AMD doesn't seem to have any issues differentiating their product generations on any benchmarks I've seen.

>less that a 1% difference is enough to dismiss the entire benchmark
sure, whatever it takes for you to defy reality of buying overpriced, AIDS-ridden products at a higher price

why do you seem unable to think?

lmao @ your life thinking anyone has to be an intel shill for saying this

The TDP is how much it can consume under heavy load. It is much higher, but tends to highly correlate with actual use. Sure, your AMD heater with CPU-function usually draws much less than it's 180W TDP, but so does the Intel chip usually draw less than its 35W TDP. It's not like they just make up that TDP number. It's what a CPU can draw and what you have to build for with PSU and cooling.
Please name one AMD CPU that can outperform an i7-8700T at less than 50W.
AMD builds nice processors, but low power / high performance per Watt just isn't their thing, and that's why Intel completely domminates high-end laptop CPUs.

And then you realize that TDP is for base frequency, meaning 2,4 Ghz which is far from high end. And before you go, but muh 4 Ghz turbo, processor will probably cook itself as it looks like its set up for under clocking and it's mainly offered for embedded systems. I just wonder how horrible TDP goes if it's tried to be used as normal desktop processor.

10/10 rap

shill would imply they do it for money. They're closer to scatfags at this point, gladly getting pozzed and fucked in the arse and consuming the shit intel produces

BTFOd by the creator of Linux. How will amd ever recover?

Yes the TDP doesn't come out of thin air. It's based on what the CPU consumes at Base clock. It will consume more when it reaches its higher clocks.
While AMD's TDP is based more on what it's maximum usage is

>TDP is for base frequency
No you dummy, TDP is maximum power draw, that's usually all cores utilized at base frequency, or turbo boosted when not all cores are in use.
But disregarding the TDP, can you show any benchmarks that show AMD outperforming Intel at performance per Watt?

YOU STILL DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF PERFORMANCE/WATT

YOU STILL CAN'T NAME AN AMD CPU THAT OUTPERFORMS INTEL AT PERFORMANCE PER WATT

www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,5571-12.html
2 secs in google

>Meanwhile on the stock market
I honestly don't even give a shit about the childish shill arguments anymore. I put my money where my ass is. AMD calls and INTC puts. I can literally retire 15 years sooner due to this undeniable reality of AMD raping INTC at this point. You faggot kiddos need to pay attention to the real world and stop letting kikes on YT tell you what to think. You can get a lot further in life if you fucking start thinking for yourselves and coming to your own conclusions.

There are no Intel T-series CPUs, the ones optimized for lower power consumption, in that test.
The problem is that AMD doesn't offer a comparable CPU line. They don't even try to compete there because they can't.

>trusting a stupid fuck literally sponsored by intel to give a fair comparison of their main competitor
I hope they make post-birth abortions legal just for you.

Attached: 123.jpg (1280x1179, 75K)

>moving goalposts
lol

>pays a few years worth of electricity more for a cpu
look guys I'm saving money

he has been moving it so much that after round trip around globe, next option is launch it to moon

God damn you are retarded.
How am I moving the goalpost here?
Just admit you can't name an AMD CPU that outperforms the i7-8700T per Watt.

Yeah man, like, I'm an engineer bro, like that Pentium architecture was Rad bro like, you know what I mean? Those low level, like, processes and shit are great for my programming projects on GitHub. I didn't upload the good ones tho, cause like, they aren't fully programmed yet hahaha, but like, you know, it's a solid website man.

Genuinely curious: What proportion of INTC's revenue is from the microprocessor business?

>AMD kills Nvidia and gets cut in half by Intel
Bet you didn't watch the comeback of AMD as a cyborg spider mutant.

>can you show any benchmarks that show AMD outperforming Intel at performance per Watt?
>YOU STILL CAN'T NAME AN AMD CPU THAT OUTPERFORMS INTEL AT PERFORMANCE PER WATT
womp womp

The x86 data center TAM is approximately 20bn annually right now. Intel historically holds 98-99% of that market. If AMD takes even 20% of that market share, they should be priced at or above NVDA levels looking at EPS numbers relative to sector peers. On the other side of the scale, the consequences for INTC falling to 80% or lower market share in data center are pretty much unimaginable to me. They'd probably have to seriously consider dropping the business unit altogether in a strategic move, focusing more on consumer segment, storage, platform, etc.

I've had the experience of both Intel and Ryzen
>1600x on main pc, shitty i3 on laptop
>had to update the bios multiple times
>microsft updates nearly bricked the laptop
>Intell EULA nearly fucked me over for testing benchmarks before and after
>none of this horseshit with Ryzen
Sure I might not get the greatest FPS ever but its better than Intel's monumental dickery

To follow up, if this had happened 4 years ago, Intel may have been able to avoid the 10nm hole they put themselves in. They could have started 12nm production in 2014 if the competition was actually on their ass, which would have given them a lot more headroom into 2020. Unfortunately AMD sandbagged up until the last possible second and Intel had zero time to respond.

if only per watt vs i7-8700T is enough, then Ryzen 7 Pro 2700U

You're splitting hairs here because you're trying to hide that you don't know shit.
Yeah, you show a benchmark where AMD outperforms Intel because it doesn't test the Intel CPUs that give the highest performance per Watt.
Again, name one AMD CPU that outperforms the i7-8700T per Watt, or just even one that comes close with comparable power consumption (~35W).

>literally doing what I'm asked
>splitting hairs
aww poor butthurt baby

Literally all of them.

AMD builds is so fucking weird

i think ill wait until 2020 or something until amd really catches up

Intel's architecture is complete shit and filled with speed holes. Just because you like intel doesn't mean it isn't shit, it just means you like shit.

All right, in my last message I didn't repeat it had to be a desktop CPU, but I've we're going to include notebook CPU's, Intel has many CPU's that outperform the i7-8700T per Watt too.
There is a reason why every top of the line laptop has an Intel CPU. Intel just shits all over AMD at low power.

you sound like some sort of retard from /v/

OK thats fucking it. Time for a new goddamn benchmark protocol. All you faggots keep moving goal posts around with paper figures like baseline TDP while ignoring boost TDP and variability through a benchmark pipeline of power consumption over time. So here is what we are going to do from now on:

>Obtain kill-a-watt or some other device which is capable of measuring total consumed energy (KWh) across a triggered start/stop interval.
>Build 2 rigs for testing and independently sample their total consumed energy at idle over approximately an hour to average out any noise like windows updates happening.
>Now, same deal as above, but you measure total power consumed just for the duration of the benchmark run. You take this energy figure and subtract from it the baseline with the time ratio applied (e.g. if idle sample is 1 hour and benchmark took exactly 20 minutes, divide by idle consumption by 3). This is the "Energy Consumption Beyond Idle Baseline During Benchmark" figure.
>This new figure is a completely safe way to compare the true efficiency of the processor in terms of absolute energy consumed to accomplish a benchmark in terms that are controlling for variability in its own platform stack. This should be combined with the idle energy consumption figures to determine a complete picture of the processor's performance efficiency profile.

I strongly believe any benchmarking protocol other than the above integrative approach using total consumed energy is insufficient and simply a jewish trick.

>intelnigger wants to save
oh the irony

Attached: ScreenShot_20180907125621.png (1612x1164, 210K)

At least better fps men's you get higher headroom. Future games tend to be harder on the graphics than the past games, eventually that 500 fps goes down to 50 and then the difference is obvious. Or half that time if you use 144hz monitor.

Who said I want a low power CPU because of saving money on electricity?
I want it to build a compact and ultra-quiet system.
Also we don't all live in burgerland where cheap power is your god given right.

because of performance per watt you tard. the only reason you'd ever bring that up and vehemently stand by it is to save money, which you aren't. You can stuff any cpu into a mini itx because they're mostly the same size and the stock cooler is pretty low profile too

>burgerland where cheap power is your god given right
spotted the butthurt kraut
kys yourself merkelite scum

A small high powered cooler will be noisy.
The reason for me isn't money, but a completely inaudible system that isn't huge.

Bought one for my mother last week

>headroom

if you play games like cs go css or tf2 then you clearly have no interest on future games

Buy a processor with an unfixable flaw or another without a unfixable flaw?

That's not very hard to figure what is the best choice.

Well I'm saving money in the CPU itself and on the power bill also... Can't see the issue there. Corelet games will run a little worse but that's at the bottom of my concerns list, outclassed by workstation loads performance, capital costs, and pro healthy market choice.

Since you're such a noise queen, have you tried moving your pc away from your nose?
You know, sound decays 1/distance.

>The reason for me isn't money
Also we don't all live in burgerland where cheap power is your god given right.

>oh no my delicate ears can't handle 28dB from a metre away which gets muffled by all and any sounds emitted by speakers or headphones
I give up. you just WANT intel to fuck you in the arse. you're actively searching for an excuse for them to shit on you

where exactly do you think you're saving money?

>Linus
Not technology.

On cheaper CPU that sits on a cheaper motherboard with better mips per watt. Duh.

dual cores get even hgiher scores, I think it's due to bingbus design
less cores faster interconnect

A phone takes barely more than a single watt, most have above 1080p resolutions and you can also use attach a usb keyboard.
Checkmate

No the reason is Intel gives ridiculous rebates. Aka bribing OEMs

>LTT
>unbiased

Attached: 1524182223254.jpg (1257x702, 195K)

this but non-ironically.
Intel fanboys must use their PC's like consoles.

3770k (stock) / 16gb / gtx 1080 here
Should I switch to a new Ryzen 2700x platform or get a used vive?

buying Ryzen+ now seems like a waste.
Wait for Zen 2.
>used Vive
current VR is shit, including the Vive.
Wait for it to improve.
>but I have money now!
put it all in crypto