Low Power PC

Forgive me Jow Forums, here from /p/ and I don't know your ways, but I just have a simple question.

What is a good option for a low powered PC?

My situation is like this, I just moved to an apartment in San Diego, and the rent is $2k per month, ouch. And the electricity here is pretty expensive as well. For the last few years I've been living at my dads house, which is on solar panels and I got electricity for zero cost. Here's my problem, I run an Instagram bot on my iMac at home, it's an older iMac that I got for free from my work, and the power consumption at idle isn't ideal. I'm basically going to pay like $15 per month just to have the computer run this light computer program. I want to replace the iMac with a mac mini, just because the new ones can run for 70 cents a month, which is totally worth it to me. But is there an alternative to this? A little bit about the program, I can run it on either windows or mac, pretty sure on the forums on this program, it won't run on linux (I'm really stupid when it comes to this stuff though). My first thought was a raspberry pi, but from what I understand, this isn't a viable option for this program.

tl;dr I need a low power pc or mac, help.

Any help would be appreciated, and any insults are deserved.

Attached: 081511_rg_TinyDollHousePC_01.jpg (600x463, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/free
lattepanda.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AMD just released a 35W apu
check it

x61 thinkpad w/ linux, faster than a raspberry pi and they go for like 20 bucks (with shipping) on ebay.

Wants a cheap compute and is worrying about 15$/mo in electricity.
>I want to replace the iMac with a mac mini
Lol. 50$ used ebay laptop would do the trick and pay itself off in less than a year.

look up NUC or embedded pcs. Such as the ark series from advantech

>old thinkpad
lmao dont hear this dude, old thinkpads consume a lot for the power they have

My imac draws 75 watts at idle, and the mac mini that I'm looking at idles at 6 watts, and I can get it brand new for $499. I know I can build a cheaper PC, but the main thing for me is power consumption, and even at 35 watts, it would end up costing me more in total dollars eventually.

Curious though, what would the cost look like for the amd apu?

Those look nice. And they can run standard windows programs?

raspberry pi 3 consumes WAYYYY less than that. buy the pi 3. good lord OP. stop with the mactoddler shit

also if you really REALLY are worried about electricity the zero only does bout 0.6 watts on idle.

The program I use won't work on a raspberry pi.

And the only reason I'm using the mac is because that's the only computer I don't use. I just leave it running for months on end without touching it

Leave San Diego, amigo

I am. Just signed a lease on the apartment though. Going to look for jobs in either Arizona or Texas. I really hate California

i7-8700k, 32gb ram, gtx 1080
is a pretty low end spec that will run dota at 60fps

>low power consuption
>intel
>gtx 1xxx
kek

it was obviously sarcasm, you retard

powerpc mac g5 pro, you want it. im in the los angeles area

post the program, dumbass. it'd probably actually run on linux.

Use an arm64 board

>I run an Instagram bot on my iMac at home

You sound like the worst kind of person

thinkcenter m91e
runs on a power brick, takes desktop sandybridge cpus

Mine has an i3 2100 inside and works like a charm. even has room for 3 laptop drives inside.
I'm sure there is a thing to mount it behind your monior.

Would recomend

oh and mine was $20
Might as well say I also run a few 24/7 tasks on it and am interested in botting.

Any advice?

pic related runs at 5W under load and can be had for under $100
note that it comes with Windows, but it's unactivated

Attached: wintel pro cx-w8.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

What's the name of the program? If you can get it to run on Linux, you can just put it on an AWS free tier server.

free aws server?
do tell

Attached: Koala.jpg (1024x768, 763K)

Bro, just get a Raspberry Pi. It's like 3 watts under load and less than a watt idle. Just run the program within a Windows or OSX virtual machine. Performance doesn't fucking matter for an Instagram bot.

aws.amazon.com/free

You get 12 months for free. Look under "EC2" which is what they call their virtual servers. Apparently they also offer Windows server.

Get an android phone and run the bot inside termux

Just get an i9 and a 1080ti

You must be looking at the wiki article that says Mac Mini's PSU idles at 6w. That's if the PSU is on and nothing else. That does not mean leaving the Mac Mini on will consume only 6w.
Your best bet for saving power is to turn your fucking computer off when you are not using it.

Yes they can, I recomend you use a simple distro like Ubuntu with a program called wine. Wine allows you to run Windows programs on a linux pc and is fairly straightforward

this might work: lattepanda.com/

it's an atom sbc that runs windows 10

It's called FollowLiker.
I just don't know much about linux, I'm retarded

Yeah maybe. But I work as a videographer, so it actually helps my work in a way

You can check out the program I use, FollowLiker. I got grandfathered into not having to pay a monthly fee for it. But it works pretty well, gains me like 30 followers per day

That's exactly what I need. And when you say windows is unactivated, does that mean I have to purchase windows on my own to actually have it activated?