What's the best CPU money can buy?

You are a billonaire and you have a shitload of money. Which PC do you buy for your personal use?.

>no memes

Attached: Girls.jpg (1024x1280, 236K)

anything intel

i would drink a gallon of the right girl's pee just to see where it came from desu

Show your nose

sauce on pic op??

depends on what you want to do.

For gay men, Intel 8700k some-shit or other

For software development, rendering graphics, and not video, the Threadripper 2990WX

Attached: self_100x100.jpg (100x100, 6K)

>buys intel
>installs os
>minus 50% performance

>For software development
>the Threadripper 2990WX

Lol, I can smell you through the screen Pajeet!

Using Insecure Cpu, cant wait till 12 year old make java script and stole your shit

Based ESL poster.

Attached: 1513004524003.png (1086x635, 1.51M)

Attached: sniff.jpg (300x168, 9K)

>You are a billonaire
>and you have a shitload of money.
pick two

next pc build im going ayymd till intel fixes their cpus and we dont have performance loss patches

OP Here

I want OBJECTIVELY THE BEST pc money can bought no matter the price.

Attached: Girl.jpg (600x803, 67K)

y...you don't use tons of VMs and compile kernels?

it's the same shit

so go on some benchmarking sites and find the top performance components

i'm glad you got the meme-o

>OBJECTIVELY THE BEST
Objectively the best FOR WHAT? Nothing peaks at everything, so if you want to know more you have to give us more information.

like which site?

You'll never be a good programmer if you, clearly, know nothing about optimization.

Attached: 1535588951436.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>Nothing peaks at everything
Obviously you don't know me

the most expensive imac i can buy and a thinkpad model from every year

9900k 5.5GHz
RTX 2080 ti
Optane DIMM 512GB for os and gaming

Attached: 32116929_1801061543294235_7587451919027666944_n.jpg (502x410, 29K)

Then you are the best computer. Now GTFO.

Rarely, same as 99% of other devs.

Are VMs today's getting slackware to install in the late 90s?

Attached: 1513004524002.png (465x541, 568K)

i didn't read, lol you got me

There are probably newer models out but I am certain they are still on 14 nm.

Xeon E7-8890v4
$7,174
24 Cores/48 Threads
2.20GHz Base/3.40GHz Turbo
60MB Cache

you don't need to compile kernels to make use of many-thread cpus. pretty much every c++ compiler nowadays is heavily multi threaded. I can get all my 16 threads to 100% utilization when compiling a mid sized (or small sized I guess) c++ project.

of course if you're a braindead webdevtodler who writes little javascripts all day long that's a waste. a raspberry pi or a bullet to the back of your throat would be the right thing in that situation

Bleeding edge high end tech has huge diminishing returns on price/performance.
That said here's what I would go for:

DDR4 4600 as much as your mobo can hold
Intel Optane SSD 905P (960GB)
Intel Optane SSD 800P to fill m.2 ports, alternatively evo970s for better capacity.
Quadro GV100 if you can find them anywhere, assuming you are a billionaire get like 3 or 4 of them and using quadro sync as basically a better form of SLI.
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 80+ PLATINUM
whatever mobo can support all that, and some kind of custom cooling with active cooling for best overclocking.
I mean, if you are literally a billionaire, liquid nitrogen with a recapture system is theoretically possible, but very impractical.

keep telling yourself that.
>mmmm big threads make big man big cock, look my threads

damnit Jow Forums I'm running dry here

Attached: 1535072266360.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Some build systems can compile independent modules in parallel, but the compilers themselves are still single-threaded. I'm not sure there is anything to gain by making the compiler multi-threaded. The most time-consuming compilation phase is processing all the #include dependencies and they have to be processed sequentially because of potential dependencies between the various headers. The other compilation phases are heavily dependent on the output of previous phases so there's little benefit to be gained from parallelism there.

I don't need to "tell that myself". I see it in top. now back to turning SQL queries into HTML, little gender queer millennial "software engineer"

why dont you find out yourself
you come across as a lazy arab

COPE

Attached: 659845018.png (653x726, 35K)

>he doesn't know

Buy a max spec HP Z8 G4. Should be ok for a start.

Those are prominent brappers

know what? a-user... what are you implying?

Buy a case that can fit 2 different systems in it, vertically mounted Workstation CPU, like the high core count i9's and get dual CPU slot motherboards for that, and then a m-ATX horizonally mounted gaming CPU, like the 8700k or the limited edition 8086k if you're lucky, 64GB ecc ram on the workstation motherboard, 32GB standard on the gaming motherboard, The most powerful nvidia quadro graphics you can get (multi-GPU) on the workstation and a 2080ti for the gaming graphics, also depending on if Nvidia ever finally make SLI better, get more than one gaming graphics card.

This is a similar setup that linus techtips is doing for his 100k PC.

Macbook Pro

And liquid metal direct die your CPU to a custom EK watercooling solution, have Fat radiators on a case that allows the radiators that can be mounted underneath and external to the chassis, that way it will breath in cool air and exhale to the atmosphere directly for optimal cooling.

Look up Singularity Computers on you tube for extreme builds like this where money is no longer a limitation.

Threadripper 2990WX if you're running Linux, FreeBSD, or DragonFly BSD.

Attached: smelloscope.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

Probably the best CPU that money would buy would entail me being her chair and my face being in her FUCKING ASS

>Should be ok for a start
Then it isn't the best pc around

I'm running Windows

you're just looking for an excuse to drink girl pee

OP here i can keep posting if you enlighten me with your knowledge

Attached: Girl (2).jpg (512x610, 63K)

I would build PC's for specific tasks, because I am billionaire and can afford to do that.

The “best PC” wouldn’t probably be not one singular PC, but a cluster of many, task-specific ones.

are they watching big bang theory

I'd buy a Talos II and donate some machines to OpenBSD

Talos II

That’s actually a very noble intention.

I would build two.

One for work and one personal. Both with the high specs

Which PC's would you build?

yes

I'd build a 2 socket epyc workstation with 128bgb ram, and 2 quadro GTX 8000's nvlinked. I'd also build a threadripper variant of this workstation, because why not?

I'd build a talos2 workstation for financial transactions and other privacy sensative tasks.

I'd build a Ryzen 7 gaming machine for my kid. Fuck intel they have fucked up too hard and not shown any level of remorse, self awareness or intent to do better in the future.

And lastly for shits and giggles I'd try to recreate intel's computex stunt machine, being a billionaire I can afford the fines for violating the enviromental regulations.

Attached: my-man.jpg (448x642, 121K)

Ryzen 2700
RX 570
Max out RAM, get 2 1TB SSDs.
Also get a Librem laptop.

>Also get a Librem laptop
Why?

You're a billionaire, why not have something with better privacy and customizability when you can afford it. Though I'd honestly wait for them to make one with an AMD CPU.

Realistically? I'd have a guy for that. He'd probably run a lot of IT and security stuff in my homes. Can't be a billionaire and be worried about such trivial shit - my time would be way too valuable to spend shitting around on Jow Forums, obsessing over charts that show how hundreds of extra dollars can get you entire dozen frames per second of performance on counterstrike.

>privacy
Is there any proof Librem actually guarantee privacy?.

Billonaires spent 90% of their time in their diferent mansions or traveling, nice food, etc. The 10% is work, but they don't work like you and me, you don't sweat when you are a investor or a busisnessman but you need intelligence to know what the fuck you are gonna do.

Just buy EPYC and call it a day, fag.

>Is there any proof Librem actually guarantee privacy?.
Yes

Why would a billionare care about what his CPU is when he can buy tons of sluts to occupy his free time? VR and games are for kids. Grow the fuck up already.

>Librem laptop
>intel
>private

im sorry to hear that

i'll big bang them if you know what i mean

Dual socket EPYC processor with two 2080 Ti cards, two VEGA 64 cards, 1TB of RAM, and 1PB of SSD storage all in a custom case.

>OBJECTIVELY THE BEST
a supercomputer. there is no cap on the power you can have.

Yessss goy!

I think you can buy the unlisted kits from gskill's taiwan division.

Alright women are mentally ill men that cut their dicks off and had a hole gashed into them. If you want to reproduce you can just go to a kid store and customize your child to your liking. The whole giving birth thing is false, why do you think you have to wait a day or two to get you spawn? The doctor customizes it for you, hence the outrageous bill.

talos ii workstation with 2x 22-core power9 cpu:s

Billionaire? Probably top line macbook or anything from workstation laptop.

And you'd have enough change leftover to buy a snickers bar after all that

>8086K
>capable of supporting 4 GV100s
user, it doesn't have that many PCI-e lanes.

>what are plx chips

Some top tier Xeon (perhaps would build a multy-CPU system but I never been digging into this topic). Desktop CPUs are going to be less powerful anyway, so if the money is unlimited why the fuck would I avoid getting best of the best

>OBJECTIVELY THE BEST
A supercomputer.

i wonder how much money you could get from using a supercomputer for crypto haha

Build my own according to what I need. Just because I have money, doesn't mean I should waste it on things I never fully use.

Core i7, GTX 1080ti, 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, 6tb HDD, ultrawide meme monitor, win 10 (idgaf about the botnet and unironically use pretty much all of them except apple's)

Honestly, that's all that I'd need for some game development, gaymen and making some small programs.
I'd also throw a bigger HDD in my media server but keep that i3 and low power specs intact. It's perfect just the way it is

Itanium workstation running OpenVMS.

No memes!

>turning SQL queries into HTML
>things i've heard of but don't know what they are, exactly

pretty useless outside of running a few server apps

I've never seen either Itanium or OpenVMS mentioned on Jow Forums.

>bullet to the back of your throat
explain to me how this would work, mr. e-badass

Are you implying Itanic isn't a meme in a more broader way?

itanium is a disgrace to both computer science and electronic engineering.

Compilers aren't particularly threaded, but gnumake can use parallelization to make that shit more quick

How would I know? I can't afford anything better than i5.

I don't know if it is

quantum computer