Does Windows 10 deserve the hate it gets?

Does Windows 10 deserve the hate it gets?

Attached: windows-update-wip-skipahead-2018.jpg (800x600, 72K)

yes

If anything it doesn't get the hate it deserves

Yes.

pretty much. it does nothing right.

spyware yes

It deserves much more hate.

Gets off too easy because it's actually the best version of Windows yet.

The problem is that it is Windows.

Attached: 1380927712364.png (800x533, 604K)

/thread

yes dont even know why its installed in new low spec tablets laptops. just install ubuntu

Attached: Selection_002.png (675x490, 79K)

Xubuntu*

yeah its lightweight

whats the point of a laptop that has worse specs than my low range handheld?

this. You probably gonna run out of ram when having more than two applications open.

That's not how architectures work.
The point of them is the same as any other computer. Even on a shitty Atom I have been able to run word processors and web browsers and even YouTube on them.

It's not hated enough. We need it to be hated by normalfags too.

i use it at school and take it on the bus. I pass by the ghetto so I'm not risking taking my razerblade. I've already been robbed of my S8. It cost me 30 bucks. So I don't mind.

Only use Windows for DAW and Photoshop. Either way Ubuntu or GNU/LINUX is better than running windows. It's just a memory and power hog. Your Computer will benefit from it in the long run.

Does Nickelback deserve the hate it gets?

Yep and its runs emulators pretty well. Didn't the first gpd pockets have the high end atoms?

That first song they made was pretty good, but they sucks ass and Canadian.

Rush is Canadian.

Also Gordon lightfoot and Richard Marx I believe.

Can't even draw a circle in Ubuntu

No, not really. If you can afford a premium machine but don't want to deal with Apple's bullshit then Microsoft's bullshit magically becomes much more manageable. With a proper SSD and ethernet connection, updates only take a few minutes and the OS feels relatively non-intrusive. Windows Defender is a huge plus as well, unless you lack common sense and are downloading/running suspicious shit every day.

It only becomes annoying when you're working on a low-spec machine and find W10 inexplicably bundled with it despite only being able to run a fraction of its utilities on idle.

yes

Attached: Screenshot_2017-12-15_13-22-09.png (884x333, 47K)

Literally how do you get robbed on the bus?

No or at least we should hate ubuntu

no

Attached: BCikjB6zoTIF_2018-08-31_17-39-29.png (1920x1080, 578K)

no

In terms of privacy it's not as bad as it's portrayed.

In terms of usability it's a lot worse than portrayed.

No, macOS and linux deserve far more hate desu.
One for being a special snowflake contrarian OS that only works on special snowflake fragile overheating chink hardware, and the other for "MUH FREEDUMBS! FUCK USER EXPERIENCE!"

Attached: 1532603985724.jpg (960x638, 33K)

Yes. Other than the extensively covered security issues, its total shit for laptops due to the sheer number updates released.

spbp

the win 10 kernel is not that bad. The window manager is stable , it has 100% hardware compatibility and it can run almost anything.

the thing is that you have to disable many things to get a nice experience

>metro apps and infrastructure
>updates
>telemetry
>application experience
>homegroups
>defender
>mess around in group policy
>bunch of unnecessary scheduled tasks and services
>put a huge list of IPs to block in hosts file

and there you have it, a barebones win10 where you can run your games and programs

Yes, it deserves every bit of that hate and more. I recently got a new laptop that shipped with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. That shit was unusable. All the candy crush garbage, defender popups, ads for cloud shit or whatever the fuck in the file explorer. And on top of that it's piss ugly. I didn't even use it for 10 minutes before shutting down the PC and booting up Ubuntu off a flash drive.

It is hated by normalfags. I call my dad about once a week and he's always complaining about how his computer is restarting when he wants to use it, and that it gives him "the frowny man screen" sometimes.

Attached: 1535406042520.png (472x410, 254K)

It sure does.

Hate? Probably not.
But privacy criticisms it gets are 100% valid. Win10 is a really good OS in terms of polish and productivity, but it leaves your private information ass up-face down on the Microsoft carpet.

/thread

>Even on a shitty Atom I have been able to run word processors and web browsers and even YouTube on them.
I used to do everything I do now on a P4 with 512mb of RAM

you literally have all settings and everything explained right at the beginning of the installation

your smartphone spies on you even if you told him not to

>your smartphone spies on you even if you told him not to
as does W10

It deserves the "stop installing candy crush on a fresh install" hate.

But otherwise it's pretty much flawless, with WSL you don't even need linux.
Has every piece of software, "just works" etc.

As an actual user OS it's pretty much perfect, and using linux makes me appreciate just how good it actually is.

It is the absolute opposite of just werk if you're even a mild poweruser. You have to mess with group policies, user accounts, etc. just to be able to edit your own shit. And then you need to disable a lot of junk in 300 different places (registry, services, tasks, control panel, etc. And yes, I use powershell)

yes

>how much can we telemetry?
>(a) as much as we like
>(b) jsut the bits we want
>(c) this isn't a choice

for that @Privacy Option' switch alone, yeah. It deserves all you that can be thrown at it, and more. Until it either dies, or, shit like this is illegal. Everything else w10 is irrelevant otherwise.

Don't call yourself a poweruser if even pajeetdows 10 is too much for you.

And that it's spyware+bloatware+adware. If these weren't present in 10, it'd actually be a decent choice to use. (Of course there are still windows gimmicks like stuff randomly breaking but whatever)

Tips fedora

Bieber is too

This but the other way around.

I wonder why they don't just bring out a Windows 10 Lite.
But of course it's because Microshaft, they are completely oblivious to what people want.

It's not hated enough. Shit murders hard drives with constant updating and runs horribly on lower-end PCs compared to 7.

Then no one would install their sponsored apps or use their store or trick the user to send their searches through bing to artificially get it's numbers up

I actually use the store for a few apps like quick look and gesturesign.

The is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. It's the best version, though still behind 7.

Well there's a bunch of cuck normies who hate on windows because they've got the 8"apple cock up their colons, so yes.

install linux install linux !

7 was the last good windows.

yes
I rather use a program that doesn't respect my freedom than one that doesn't respect my privacy

its also slow

just got win10 & installed o&o, does anyone know how to disable the rempl task?
been searching the archives & apparently if that isn't disabled, everything o&o did will be reset.

yup, windows 10 is pure shit.

i've switched to linux and i am very glad i did that. everything works and is better. I can use my computer again.

Until they fix the god awful UI, I wont use it.

Why would you want to do that?

No, it deserves more.

no. windows 10 made me switch to linux. now i am more productive than i ever was on windows. windows 10 was the best os i never used

Windows 10 is the Donald Trump of operating systems - it forces itself on you, it's shitty, it's loud because there's always some background process that uses 30% of CPU power that spins up the fans and kills battery life, and it always wants to sell you stupid shit like Candy Crash from it's horrible store.

absolutely :3

Attached: angel linux penguin.png (321x306, 57K)

thistbh

exactly same right here

yes and no.

yes because of Microshit's inability of not putting ads and telemetry to datamine you.

no because once you rip that shit out it's quite comfi.

stop shilling terrible forks of bad distros

windows 10 is the whiny cunts of operating systems who always have to inject politics in anything - they force themselves into every topic, are retarded , are obnoxious because you just don't want to hear it all the time, and they always want you to agree with anything they say with their annoying attitude because they know best at all times.

sorry my cat walked over the keyboard

yes

It deserves a lot more.