Say something you liked about Terry

Say something you liked about Terry

>the way he used to say something that would sort of make logical sense and then transition to something that made no sense at all and was completely off the rails e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=uYE2Urp1n8s&lc

Also 850gb torrent: transfer.sh/Yk1P1/Terry-A.-Davis---TempleOS-Archive.torrent

Attached: 1536136178396.jpg (350x350, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afgQUSXWiEY
mobile.twitter.com/losethos?lang=en
youtube.com/channel/UCOFnEi5umi36nay4rppPW9A
archive.org/upload/
my.mixtape.moe/negqcd.torrent
pastebin.com/6YaPEGLB
archive.org/details/@archive-net
youtube.com/watch?v=_QnUIIyH1Go
cleverbot.com/')
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy').read()
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence').read()
codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
youtube.com/watch?v=mBgIBF9Y6PE
youtube.com/watch?v=YGkQXi3LrMI
youtube.com/watch?v=RAVx9uj2bCE
youtube.com/watch?v=mO6juZaWn44
archive.org/details/TempleOSArchive
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I admired the fact he sucked his brothers cock

bout only person apart from reading books about early innovation. that provided some insight into os/gui design. he really had ideas (and implemented them). the simplest, best things, he did right away. he had perfect vision. say it was only c64. it was more innovative than the windows gui, that being a stale copy of xerox/apple desktop.

>the fact that he had no filter whatsoever and would just say out loud what he was thinking

Give that shit to the archive team/upload it to archive.org.

Is that torrent safe or what? I would like to make a terry tribute video

Terry Davis: King of the Temple

youtube.com/watch?v=afgQUSXWiEY

yea dude some guy on Jow Forums made it but its legit

has everything in it

there's a thread on /t/

I trust a torrent from Jow Forums as much as I trust my quivering asshole when I need to fart the morning after a bottle of whiskey

This

SO ANYWAY UUUUMM

Attached: SO.ANYWAY.jpg (250x351, 21K)

>the way he used to
Stop talking in the past sense. He hasn't been confirmed to have died it's all an elaborate troll.

This

o fuk.

you people should off yourselves as well

Several anons called Dalles police to confirmed that. Sorry but you are in denial phase.
Its sad but it was a matter of time since he deteriorated drastically in 2018. More than 50% of schizophrenics have suicide attempts.

I am TheTempleā„¢ and I do approve of this thread, merchandise or service!

Attached: Krusty_Brand_Seal_of_Approval.gif (300x250, 18K)

Who cares about him? What is your ungodly obsession over this individual? You lot seems like stupid little fans of a pop star.

based

>Say something you liked about Terry
I liked that he just did whatever the fuck he felt like doing. In fact he inspired me to go on an adventure /out/side

Attached: 1508490867201.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

what the fuck, is Terry dead? What happened?

I admired his effort and persistence.

>What happened?
CIA niggers finally broke his spirit.

You only need a car to kill a glow-in-the-dark CIAnigger. You needed a train to kill Terry.

I just farted "TempleOS" in my chair.

In a world of fake cunts making online videos Terry was raw and real. Most of us never met him, but we knew who he was.

I found his old Twitter mobile.twitter.com/losethos?lang=en

Remember when he picked up that homeless girl and had sex with her while he was living in his van and had to ditch her because she was too crazy even for him

I've almost finished downloading everything
I am going to upload all the videos to this channel so you don't have to waste drive space downloading everything
Everything will be (hopefully) uploaded in chronological order

The police should have kept Terry locked up

Attached: 1509605647457.jpg (902x762, 195K)

can i get a quick rundown? did something happen to terry ? :

You are doing good work, user. Please also upload the videos to the Internet Archive, though, because they don't take videos down easily and offer unconverted video quality. Just register, create one object and upload everything to it.
archive.org/upload/

Attached: young terry davis.jpg (960x637, 132K)

The Terry smile runs in the family I see.

Attached: 1534350676647.jpg (800x800, 150K)

torrent file mirror
my.mixtape.moe/negqcd.torrent
untested magnet link
pastebin.com/6YaPEGLB

>You are doing good work, user. Please also upload the videos to the Internet Archive, though, because they don't take videos down easily and offer unconverted video quality. Just register, create one object and upload everything to it.
I've never done that before but I will do it once everything is downloaded too
I can't verify my YouTube because I've verified 2 this year already so my uploads will stop at the first video longer than 15 minutes
I will be sure to upload everything to the archive website first though

Here is my archive account? I think this is how you link to it:
archive.org/details/@archive-net

Uploads will start today (Hopefully, maybe within the hour)

In this mad world who will runover cia niggers ?

youtube.com/watch?v=_QnUIIyH1Go

classic

this. if terry had been involved in early os design the world would be a much better place

I saw somewhere that it is lacking the holyc.xyz mirrors, but the user who made the torrent said there will be updated torrents to include more.
It's a torrent file. It's not going to rot your brain.

awesome, thank you.
could you post a thread here when you finish uploading?

sure
It will be a while though. It's 1.2TiB being uploaded to Youtube + archive (600+ GiB each)

post when archive.org is done
youtube is likely to nuke the vids sooner or later cause le nigger word

It's interesting to imagine a world where everything compiles on demand.

Did he actually make something of significance? Have anyone done a good analysis of his work?

What was his end game with TempleOS?

Also, did he write his own kernel?

Are there any viable alternative to YouTube?

he died or something?

well I'm about to start uploading to archive.net since my download just finished
I've already started uploading to YouTube
Once my test upload completes at archive I will begin the complete upload

from selenium import webdriver
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import urllib2
import re
import random
from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys
import time
import httplib
stock = []
sentence_build = []

browser = webdriver.Firefox()

browser.get('cleverbot.com/')
#data = urllib2.urlopen('en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy').read()
data = urllib2.urlopen('en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence').read()

def speak():
soup = BeautifulSoup(data, 'html.parser')
pere = soup.find_all('p')
for p in pere:
dib_0 = p.get_text()
diber = dib_0.replace(' ',',')
stock.append(diber)
wordRand = random.choice(stock)
words = wordRand.split(',')
for w in words:
#print w
sentence_build.append(w)

sentence = []
try:
def bulding():
ready_word = random.choice(sentence_build)
sentence.append(ready_word)
if len(sentence) < random.randint(1,8):
return bulding()
else:
print 'sentence ready'
bulding()
talk = " ".join(str(x) for x in sentence)
print talk
machin_input = browser.find_element_by_xpath('/html/body/div[2]/div[2]/div[3]/form/input[1]')
machin_input.send_keys(str(talk).encode('utf-8'))
think = browser.find_element_by_xpath('/html/body/div[2]/div[2]/div[3]/form/input[2]')
think.click()
time.sleep(random.randint(2,10))
return speak()

except httplib.BadStatusLine:
return speak()

speak()

i always want terry to see it

>archive.net
archive.org, user

It depends on what you mean by 'significance'.
codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

He wrote his own everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=mBgIBF9Y6PE

Also check out 'simstructure'

fuck i meant .org

>Also check out 'simstructure'
found the vid for this
youtube.com/watch?v=YGkQXi3LrMI

If you are interested in preserving this stuff, also consider extracting the audio and screenshots of the video at 1s intervals or so. The audio and screenshots can be compressed down very far and would allow you to preserve most of the information content in the videos in a much smaller footprint. Also consider transcribing the pre-processed audio to text and include those as well. You could probably fit everything in a package under 1GB which could be compressed with winrar, split into chunks and with a decent recovery record. That would make it resilient to corruption and tampering. Make the name be the sha256 hash of the chunk and make sure the hashes are circulated as well for third party verification in the future.

Someone should also archive the source code and ISO files and make hashes in case things get tampered with in the future.

Did Terry use any kind of version control?

How would I go about transcribing the audio?
There is no way I'm typing all that up for free

I also have a TOS iso from a few months ago that I can archive with a sha256

He said nigger cattle.
LOOOOL

>He wrote his own everything.
>youtube.com/watch?v=mBgIBF9Y6PE

Okay I'm convinced. It's a real shame that he isn't here any more. A real fucking shame.

Am I able to add things to an upload or is it impossible to modify once uploaded?

>How would I go about transcribing the audio?

You should probably convince someone else to help you out. The best way would probably be to to transfer learning on what ever is the state of the art deep learning speech recognition model. You'd manually transcribe a small subset and use that to train the last few layers of the pretrained model. Then use that new model to automatically transcribe all the audio.

Do it, everything counts. I suppose right now everyone is scrambling to save his legacy. The more effort that is put into that now the more data will be preserved for the future. But ensuring it's valid data is just as important and so independently downloaded ISOs could be a gold mine if someone was gonna try to tamper with the files.

Rest in peace

>You'd manually transcribe a small subset and use that to train the last few layers of the pretrained model. Then use that new model to automatically transcribe all the audio.
well next semester I'm taking an Ai class so maybe I'll transcribe all the audio as a project

That's a fantastic idea.

Was it voodoo or was it divine intellect?

Attached: 1500483271622.jpg (640x480, 76K)

for the record and archival purposes, Temple OS should have a sha512256 of
f2ae4593edb e31eaf4157fc2e 4771c923f7997c40c3 49ba9f23e7f96fbf3f7ec TempleOS.ISO

and a sha256 of
5d0fc944 e5d89c155c0fc1 7c148646715bc1 db6fa5750c0b9 13772cfec19ba26 TempleOS.ISO[\code]

It will be in the archive.org page

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
just pretend the sha isn't broken up

What?

>screenshots of the video at 1s intervals
A modern video codec, even VP8, can outdo 1 JPEG/s, especially if the picture doesn't change much.

He called out niggers to their face, in this age many people only wish they had the balls to do that

Fair point, maybe encoding a video at 1 frame / 5 seconds with temporal compression would make for better results. On the other hand, if there are a lot of video that includes him coding then perhaps it's a good idea to figure out a way to not loose frames with unique content, such as for instance if he typed something and quickly changed screens, that information might be missed if the framerate is too low.

Which version is this?

Fuck Terry. He was a racist delusional man who ended up homeless because he was a bad son to his overly generous parents. He spent what little money he had left on cigarettes, alcohol, and probably other useless things, all the while yelling at people for not donating more money to him.

He had a solid understanding of x86 assembly and he made a neat hobby OS. Those were his redeeming qualities. There are other people in the world who are far more talented programmers than Terry. The only reason Jow Forums cares about him is because he talks about "glow in the dark cia niggers" which fits in to the "muh Jow Forums culture" atmosphere.

I feel terrible for his parents. I hope they are doing okay.

While you're right about Jow Forums, I think it's not fair to ostracize him for his racist ramblings and whatnot, given his condition. I saw a woman with her down son in the subway a couple of months ago. The kid just up and threw his bag of Lays to the ground, bottom-up, emptying it all on the floor, and then started screaming. I looked at the mother's face - she had those big, black bags under her eyes and looked like she was ready to die. She could barely talk, but she got him to calm down and then got on her knees and started cleaning while everyone was either looking at them or trying hard not to stare. I guess my point is this: I felt bad for the woman, but I couldn't blame the kid either (plus, you could argue that she shouldn't bring him on the sub anyway, but what if she has no car or driving license? The argument keeps going).
Rest in peace, Terry.

I know it's easy to see Terry as a victim because of his condition. However, consider how many people are schizophrenic and are not racist assholes. Also, consider that we are all victims of our genetic and environmental condition, however that condition is defined. Free will is a lie, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't blame people for the bad things they say and do. If I was born in different circumstances, I might have turned out to be a rapist, murderer, religious zealout, etc... That doesn't mean we shouldn't hold actual rapists and murderers accountable and call them out for being bad.

It's true, but I thought schizophrenia was correlated with having taboo thoughts, as in, specifically rambling about something because it's "not ok". I thought Terry talked about CIA niggers as a way to let loose. Any proof that he was actually racists? Or are schozofrenics not correlated with engaging taboo behavior (like Tourette's)?

Ah, but if you recognize that people are just permuted reflections of their environment, you must also understand that your goal in life is to strive to improve your environment, including the individuals you interact with.
You accomplish this not by arbitrarily "calling out" or "punishing" them, but by determining the appropriate way to interact with them such that they begin to influence the world in a more positive way. The concept of blame is of some (but limited) use towards that goal.
When an individual has already passed away, there is absolutely no point in speaking ill of them, as they no longer have any potential to do good.
You Americans are quite silly with your outrage about racism. There's nothing wrong with talking shit, as words are ultimately meaningless compared to actions. Terry developed a novel computing system which has inspired quite a few people. That trumps anything he might have said.

whatever was available on 2/18/2018

>Fuck Terry. He was a racist delusional man who ended up homeless because he was a bad son to his overly generous parents.
this is how i know you are from plebbit and that entitled shit you carry everywhere.
overly generous parents? those parents who wanted to keep him half drugged all the time just so he can stay at home?
fuck. that. you must be the person who gets angry at people who are depressed if they're rich or whose depression doesn't go away after treatment saying that "they're just not trying hard enough"
kys you fucking idiot

>your son was a piece of shit retard because he said "the racial swears" in 2017 but d'aw hope ur doin ok huney mwuh kisses i feel 4 u
lmao wow
really impressed by this post

is that video fucking awesome or what. i need to see more of his live streams.
it's just awesome to look at a guy who is best at something and be cocky and back it up.

Does anyone have the "Believe in something. Even if it means..." pic edit with Terry?

I hope his parents get raped to death by cia niggers

>. Any proof that he was actually racists
Watch this video which depicts him having an argument with his parents. His based dad calls him out for being racist. Terry doubles down on his position by calling himself a skinhead and saying things such as "Why are you defending the niggers?". youtube.com/watch?v=RAVx9uj2bCE

also this: youtube.com/watch?v=mO6juZaWn44

I'm working on uploading all of 2014 now
archive.org/details/TempleOSArchive

youtube is being more of a pain because "you can't upload longer than 15 minutes"
in a few months I'll be able to verify my channel and upload everything, until then my uploads will hold at everything up until 2013
subscribe if you want to see them posted later

>I think we've reached an understanding; Q.E.D.
I fucking lost

kek

Until we see the body, he isn't dead.

Attached: 1530037772088.png (575x675, 443K)

>like Tourette's
I have TS. Based on the context it sounds like you are probably referring specifically to coprolalia. Verbal tics are not something which is experienced by everyone with TS. Furthermore, coprolalia is not experienced by everyone with verbal tics. The percentage of people with TS who experience coprolalia is actually not as great as mainstream media leads people to believe. That being said, I am one of the small percent of people who experiences this symptom. I cannot speak for others, but in my experience, these verbal tics have an emotional basis. When I blurt things like "make everyone suffer" out of nowhere, that doesn't mean I intend to actually hurt anyone. It may not even be related to anything which is currently happening. However, it is derived from a place of extremely violent thoughts. Those violent thoughts are my reaction to various things which anger me. I believe it is normal to have violent thoughts on occasion. Without the violent thoughts, I still blurt things out, but of a different nature (ie. some random noun). Sometimes verbal tics are not even in the form of words. However, in my experience, the verbal tics are always a manifestation of something that I feel internally. The thing that afflicts me is the lack of a verbal filter in certain situations. It's really more complicated than that, because I can hold back tics as well, but it makes me uncomfortable and often results in a greater number of tics in private at a later time.

My point is that just because someone blurts something out which is inappropriate as the result of a disorder, that doesn't mean that the inappropriate thing isn't rooted in some fundamental part of the person's personality which exists independently of the condition.