How many GPUs have you sacrificed so far?

Attached: 1473030312010.jpg (960x639, 57K)

To what? Cthulhu?

None, I only use iGPUs

I still have my old 32mb nvidia, playing Quake 2 and AoE was amazing.

I've been buying video cards since before D3D was a thing and never had a single one die. I'm convinced people just aren't paying attention to their temps or case air circulation at all even after first installing the card.

Two. GTX460 died due to my OC efforts, as well as HD5850.

I killed one GTX 260 in the early days of buttcoin mining.

All my GPU deaths were pre nvidia 200 series , back then pc cases sucked for cooling as did the cooling on the cards themselves.

my nvidia 285 gtx still works to this day.

To the Monero Gods, some time ago I vowed to ritualistically bleed for thy Monero, and to dedicate every scrap of hashing power I could; In thy honor, for thy glory.

None at all.
My first Gpu was a Radeon 6970, and it still works. Currently mining altcoins for a friend of mine.
I replaced it with a 970 years later, which now runs beautifully in my dad's computer.
Arm I'm using a 1070, which also has had no problems.

>then pc cases sucked for cooling
Nowadays shitheads still sacrifice proper cooling to save money for overpriced GPUs while their case is a generic shit from the 2000s

nobody does that
and a $50 Corsair Carbide 100R has thermals within the 10% margin of $200 cases so that's a moot point nowadays

I sacrificed my 7950 to the dogecoin gods, but I'm pretty sure it paid off

My r9 280 just died like two weeks ago. Had it for 3 years and only lightly gamed on. No more AMD for me

>for a friend of mine.
>making money for your friend

since gpu mining is continuous load it should technically be better on the cards than regular gaming unless they're doing some liquid metal cooling mods

Probably not even AMD's fault. I bet you have shitty power or let it run all dusty and hot for all its life.

cleaned it every other month so nah.. also have a 750 watt psu.

one thus far. My HD 7950 started to overheat hard core and nothing I could do could save it before it eventually died. rip in pizza.

I've never had a GPU die on me before...

ATI Rage 128, 2x ATI Radeon HD 3870's in crossfire, ATI Radeon HD 5870, and Nvidia GTX 770 plus multiple iGPUs in laptops.