Cases

what are the good cases these days? i've been looking for one and the mid-high quality ones all seem to be full of glass, which i wanted to avoid. atm i'm considering pic related, since it comes with dust filters everywhere, doesn't have openings for dust to get in (like the corsair 570x/500d) and has decent space for cable management and storage

that said, i like the cases from 4 or 5 years ago more (last time i had to buy one)

Attached: cougar panzer evo.jpg (2500x2500, 394K)

kys

Depends on what you want out of a case.

A lot of the things you will fuck up on are things you don't pay attention to and realize after you bought the case already.

For example positioning of usb/audio ports. Do you want them on the pside or in top?.

How many drive bays you want?. some nowadays don't even have a optical drive spot.

You want one with a reset button?. It's little shit like this that vary on a case by case basis.

top, i wanted an optical drive spot actually. i don't need a reset button

i see what you mean though. it's annoying that you can't find a case with everything you want. my priority are dust filters (currently my case needs to be cleaned more often than i want because it only has dust filters bellow -- it's the fractal define r4), enough mounts for my hdds/ssds (i have 2 hdds and 4 ssds atm) and support at least a 240mm radiator

there's all sorts of other things i'd want (sound dampening, optical drive, preferably no fans included and so on). but i gave up on getting everything i'd want

i feel like years ago, cases were better. or at least i liked them more. maybe it's just the glass and rgb shit, i dunno

good cases are the smallest ones, today.

if you can't pack your pc in a travel case you did it wrong

and why is that?

well. let's start with this. What case you got now. What DON'T you like about it?.

Because basically you can just buy one simliar in every way except the ways you don't like.

like i said in the previous post, i have the fractal define r4. the front connectors broke after it fell and now the front is loose. what i don't like about it:
1. doesn't have dust filters on top, filters in front aren't as easy to remove as they should be imo, so i need to clean it too often
2. temps don't seem to be as good, probably the fractal fans though
3. the front headphone jack gives me mono audio, happened with multiple motherboards throughout the years

i thought about buying the fractal define c too, instead of the one in the op

>be me
>go to country's biggest computor website
>click on atx cases
>328 result
>filter out windowed side panels
>32 result (several cases has different color so it is basically a dozen windowless cases

Attached: Angery.jpg (1200x987, 56K)

one without obnoxious rgbs, good airflow and has some kind of dust prevention

because you can fit full tier hardware in a package the size of a shoebox. there is no good reason anymore to own a larger form factor.

>audio card - 1 slot
>GPU - 2 slots
>networking card - 1 slot
I wouldn't need the networking card if realtek wasn't such a piece of shit. Their shit driver that's not being updated makes my PC lag every 15 minutes. I wish motherboards wouldn't integrate everything possible.

Like others have said, it depends on your wants and needs. However one thing i'll say you shouldnt listen to Jow Forums on is windowed cases. Yeah its a gamer meme, but it makes it easier to see if dust is building up, or if something goes wrong as far as the actual hardware youll likely see it sooner than you would otherwise. Obviously these arent necessarilly top priority but its something to keep in mind.

>but it makes it easier to see if dust is building up
>what are dust filters

show me some good small cases iyo. though anything that doesn't have dust filters everywhere* i'll not consider

preferably something that's relatively easy to find too, not something that's too obscure and/or only exists in finland or some shit

*besides the back fan. i have yet to see a case that has dust filters in the back, though i wish there was

That looks like it has glass

How about this one? Up to 10 HDDs (with ODD bay removed) and with dedicated 4 SSD pockets support.

Attached: coolermaster MC600P.png (1000x794, 193K)

i considered that one, but the top doesn't have dust filters afaict. i also think using that lid might compromise the airflow on top quite a bit, though i suppose i could just not use it

anything phanteks and fractal

You don't need dust filter for exhaust fan.

my current setup tells me i do!

Define r5

Did you use your top fans as intake?

no. i do have the side fan as intake, and it doesn't have a dust filter. maybe that's why. i wonder if my temps would get worse using a case with a window and no side fan. i prefer no window, especially if it comes with dust filters

right now i have 4 fractal fans (2 or 3 came with the define r4, bought the remaining of the same), 2 in front intake, 1 side intake, 1 back exhaust, and 2 top with a radiator exhausting (the ones that come with the h100i)

either way my top priority are dust filters. i still need good cooling though, since my cpu is a housefirestarter (4790k)

Fractal Design makes good cases

dust filters are a meme

Actually small side fan should be use as GPU exhaust. You need very big side intake to make it effective in cooling your GPU, small one only disturb air flow.
If your front fans could blow enough air then dust should only be around your front filter. Top filter is here to prevent dust when your PC is turn off. Hence any lid that cover top panel is better.

d-delete this! i'm tired of my computer getting dusty so often

why is my computer getting dirty so fast then? if anything, i have more air going out than in, since the h100i fans are stronger than the factal ones

Attached: upset.jpg (431x673, 187K)

Because dust filter isn't 100% dust-proof. Also your side intake fans have no dust filter. Your front intake fan might better than exhaust but don't forget that you pull the air through radiator.