Micro Center

Is this place as good as people say it is? What does Jow Forums think of this establishment

Attached: micro center.jpg (1200x900, 50K)

It's okay

Like most things, it's catered towards normies that don't know what they want.
If the sales niggers leave you alone it's a great experience, but they hound the shit out of you trying to get their comission if you're actually buying something.
Protip: do your research; different salespeople get commissioned out of different manufacturers. You could ask for a good hard drive and the salesperson could point you to a shitty WD one or something, even if it's not the best price per performance, because they get the most commission from that.

Nigger microcenter is the least normie-friendly store there is. Go deal with the retard salesmen at Bestbuy and tell me you still think Microcenter associated are sales niggers

I go spend my money there every chance I get. God bless that store I pray they never go out of business.

Next time you go, do yourself a favor and buy a 4pack of bawls. I'd recommend at least one original but try some of their flavors for the others. Best drink I've had in my life, damn shame they're not sold at 711s in my area anymore

As a retail store to buy computer parts it blows shit like Best Buy out of the water. As far as prices go, some things are priced really well, like the CPU/motherboard combos where they give you a discount if you buy both at the same time are the best you'll find anyway, but other stuff is the same price as online on more. If you want the absolute best price for a build you're best off buying the motherboard and CPU from Microcenter, and maybe the SSD (they sometimes have decent sales on those as well), and buy everything else online. Cases are especially bad at microcenter, they don't have that great selection and prices are meh.

Overall for a retail store bretty good if you need something now and can't wait for shipping.

>Cases are especially bad at microcenter, they don't have that great selection and prices are meh.

I found the opposite to be true, their selection might not be the best, but I often found cases there for $30-50 cheaper than newegg or amazon.

They have cheap CPUs and $30 off mobos as loss leaders.

frys 4 lyfe

Attached: 56_gun.jpg (1080x1079, 81K)

ours was cool until it was overrun by gamers since the mid 2000s. before that it was mostly computer and tech enthusiasts

I like them but I don't often have good reason to go. It's nice to be able to have access to IT grade stuff on the store shelf. Their staff is actually knowledgeable about the tech they sell.

Never had an issue with them. They're usually good about returns and replacements.

Good.
Wish there was one near where I live.
But insider said they won't come here because it's all old people here, and that their core clientele is gamers.

Living in pretty much nowhere I'm fortunate to have them nearby. My impatient ass can hardly stand waiting for stuff to come through on Amazon (who lately have been late on a lot of my packages), and they have a pretty nice selection of things. Combo deals are great when I got my friends PC's together. Perfect store? No, but it's certainly one of the best around.

I work for their call center, and I think it's alright overall. Usually I only go to get parts upgrades, but our selection in terms of general electronics is a'ight, and customers have opened my eyes up to things I never thought existed. We're slowly trying to move away from PC's in general and are really starting to push the Raspis (a lot of them are half-off right now) and project boards in general. Might pick up an Arduino next time I go in.

Great store. I've bought a ton of shit there.

Protip: you can get the $40 CPU/Mobo combo, any combo, even if it's not an advertised special, and includes open box. If they tell you no just ask if a manager will approve it and smile, check that shit for bent pins, and you're good to go.
I give this place way too much of my money

It's good if you purchase in person. Their deals are more geared towards in store purchases.

lol I get bawls everytime I go too. used to drink Josta till it got killed.

Are you that dude who keeps calling in to ask if we have any crates of the stuff in?

nope. I only get one bawls per trip. Bad things happen if I drink too much guarana.

If there was a Frys in Denver, I'd probably go there more than Micro Center.

Frys is usually overpriced though. I have one in my town, but no micro center. Feels bad.