ALEXA PANIC THREAD

!!!FULL PANIC MODE!!!
MY ROOMMATE JUST BOUGHT AN AMAZON ALEXA SHOULD I ACTUALLY BE WORRIED ABOUT MUH PRIVACY AND/OR HOW CAN I COUNTER IT WITHOUT HIM KNOWING

Attached: succ2.png (158x123, 39K)

He doesnt believe it records/sends shit to the fbi. Gimme some proof otherwise

Call him retard

throw it out

STOP
RIGHT NOW
UNPLUG EVERYTHING
GET OUT OF TOWN NOW

Ask it if it works for the CIA

That's so sad, Alexa, play despacito.

Buy a googolol home to counter it. Fight botnet with botnet.

record a text-to-speach asking alexa to read excerpts from mein kampf, play it near mic when your roommate is around until he gets rid of it

I think you can have some fun with it.
There's this technology where inaudible ultrasound markers are embedded in advertisements, so that smartphone mics would ideally pick it up and track what ad you watch and shit.
I say you gather some of those ultrasounds and then stealthy play them near the alexa thing, in order to have random shit pop up un his Amazon recommendations.

Toss it in a tub of water and see if it floats. Worked on witches in the good old days, I don't see why it wouldn't work on this thing too.

You think your actually important enough to get spied on?

He’ll fry his brain that way.

this. and make sure to feed them misleading information once in a while

Blast death metal constantly.

fucking sinister m8

DON'T SPEAK
I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYIN
I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOIN

jesus christ dude

its too late. jeff bezos already knows your social security number

I would never allow this shit into my home.

>HOW CAN I COUNTER IT WITHOUT HIM KNOWING
Block the traffic on your router. He'll get frustrated when it doesn't work.

Based and redpilled. Do this.

This but blacklist it’s mac and when he gets a new one do it again.

Don't say anything sensitive. Explore it, try to make it do ridiculous stuff for a laugh. Or see if you can get it to do that thing where it laughs at random.

tell it to play despacito

I have an Alexa. Gf bought it.

It literally does not do anything unless you say her name. You guys are a bunch of paranoid motherfuckers. I've had it hooked up with nothing else to my wifi and traffic only sends when her name is said.

thank you for the laugh

What do you actually use it for? What's the purpose? I can't imagine a single thing I'd use one of these home listening devices for that my phone doesn't already do or I'd be better off using a screen for.

she got the smart lights bundle so I use it to turn the lights on and off without walking across the room, sometimes I'll just ask a random question if I can't be assed to stop what I'm doing to look up the answer, good for playing music pretty quickly without needing to find the song, adjusts my AC,

basically just reduces the need to carry my phone around the house and makes life ever more so convenient. I wouldn't personally spend my money on it, but as a gift it's neat

also fun to just fuck around with by saying "Alexa suck my dick" and other immature phrases