This can do anything your CPU can do, only slower

This can do anything your CPU can do, only slower.

Attached: abacus.jpg (1200x1163, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dsd-guide.com/size-comparison-chart-various-formats-dsd-wav-flac-mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does it have hyperthreading?

More secure than an Intel CPU

I was actually thinking about this recently. How many man hours would it take to transcode a 5 minute flac to mp3 by hand?

Play a 3D game at over 30 fps

it can't catch fire by itself

I dare you to try representing 15 digits of pi on that thing.

If you want to compete with 64-bit precision then you need an abacus that is bigger than the one in your pic.

instal gentoo

It actually does... ish.
You could use the top half as one 5 digit abacus and the bottom half as a second 5 digit abacus. Then you could do two math operations at once on a single physical "core".

dsd-guide.com/size-comparison-chart-various-formats-dsd-wav-flac-mp3
If we assume 5 integer operations are required for each input byte (this sounds reasonable, but I don't actually know how the compression algorithms work), then a 5 minute flac file with an 88.2 kHz sampling frequency would require roughly 282 million integer operations to transcode. If the person doing the math can do one integer operation per second, then it would require roughly 78 thousand man-hours or a little under 9 man-years.

>brand-name abacus
This is beyond ridiculous.

can it take input from multiple sources at once and queue up instructions all on it's own?

Oh...

can you overclock an abacus?

Yes, you (the person operating it) just have to work a little fater

meth

lrn2 FP emulation

if 8-bit arduinos can do it, so can an abacus

not true
what you need to calculate anything is;
- to be turing complete
- to have enough memory
that thing has fuckall memory

I love this kind of calculations to put the power of a modern CPU into perspective.

I would love to be able to calculate how long would it take a person to boot an operating system by hand.

This meme is fucking hilarious, lets force it more so it catches on.

>Specifies a rate of operations
Well done, retard

But will it run TempleOS?

It only has a state space of size 10^10. So there's no chance of being able to work with more than 10 significant figures, if you keep everything contained entirely within the abacus.

this is the future, Jow Forums
>amazing graphics
>no telemetry
>no ads
>no lag

install abakus

This can do anything your LANG can do, only slower.

Attached: __.png (1200x847, 15K)

just finished porting the c standard library to the abacus

If I use two fingers instead of just one.

Is an abacus with paper as memory Turing Complete?

It's assumed that the abacus is only the ALU, not the memory too. Otherwise OP's statement is very obviously false.

It can store 8MB of cache?

Cache is not needed when you have 0 wait state memory access like an abacus does

This man can walk and run just like you, only slower.

Attached: downloadfile-19.jpg (532x800, 44K)

that's assuming that person doesn't eat or sleep. if we make him/her work 8hrs a day, it would take 9yrs times 3 = 27 years of daily transcoding. no vacations.

Actually you are fucking goddamn wrong because there is less than a megabyte of ram on that thing.

Fuck off.

Attached: 1531064120982.jpg (350x338, 35K)

>he can't use swap

Temporarily disabled crutchfag here, I can run about as fast as a normal person.

EIGHT WOOD BALLS AND CONSTANTLY SWAPPING

y'know, they actually banned Oscar Pistorius from competing with able-bodied athletes because his kevlar prostheses give him "an unfair advantage"

It's not 64bit so no.