Best programming language to start with?

What’s the best beginners resources for java or c++

I’m told java and c++ are the best, idk anything about why JavaScript is even needed or why it’s different from Java.

Would I be employable in IT jobs if I learned only java and c++? I want to destroy the video game industry by making GOOD video games in my free time or when there’s nothing I have to do on the work computer.

Attached: D3EA11BA-4BCD-44AE-BF16-FD3EAA6BAF83.jpg (506x291, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

udemy.com/unrealcourse/
freetutorials.us/
freecoursesite.com/
tutorialspoint.com/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Java

C+=

Lots of opportunities with Java and it's easier. Personally considering switching to a C++ team soon but it feels intimidating just thinking about it

Java with some good IDE.

Oh, and kill off/deactivate all social media that could distract you while learning.
You will thank me later for that.

HolyC

It was created by Terry Davis, the only programmer brave enough to call niggers what they are

udemy.com/unrealcourse/

Try this

What’s a good IDE?
I only have deviantart and browse chan websites.

I got books for managing other things I wanna learn, I’m trying to learn high school math, piano theory, and a language etc.

JavaScript is completely unrelated to Java, just the name is similar. It's mainly used for web dev and you probably won't need it.

>5 hours left
I deleted my online banking stuff and refuse to buy things without asking my spouse anyway, it’s night time and they are asleep.

Anyway thnx tho

Also
>fortnite

Samefag here. Go for Eclipse or NetBeans.
Find out which one suits best.
Go for productivity, not good looks.

emacs + eclimd + various plugins

You don't have to buy it now

plus if you gonna use emacs you better learn LISP
it's a programming language everyone programmer must know!

I’ve never heard of lisp, and its meant to be required?
I just wanna learn a few languages, no more than 3 or 4

There is a big difference between ELISP and other LISPs, the only thing they share is the s-expression syntax and some common functions.

They're good languages, but not good languages to start with, because they're very complex.

I'd recommend python because it's very simple and you can get visible results really fast, which will help your motivation.

Once you get the basics down, maybe try C# because Unity uses it. It's similar to Java, but has more modern features.

Oh and Java and JavaScript are completely different. The share part of the name because they wanted to market JavaScript back then. It worked.

pick assembler, LISP, C and haskell

IF (You) WANT ,MAKE BIG MONEY BY ONLY MOUSE

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 33K)

Why not just Java, C++, HTML and BASIC?

python to learn some basics in programming then c++ to go more in depth
then learn whatever language you want

I’m told pythons a waste of time

Smh first you need to learn what every programming language is used for.

Java/C++ build actual programs
Javascript/CSS/HTML build webpages
Python is for shitty scripts that you need to use at a very specific moment.

no it's not and it's the most beginner friendly language.

Instagram was made with python
A lot of machine learning and science stuff uses python

It's not the fastest language by far, but it's really easy to make something that works well in a fraction of the time it would take you to do it in other languages.
Learning a language never is a waste of time (expect maybe something like brainfuck).

So what does python even do tho???

Just use vim

As a creative person
If I only knew java or c++ would I be able to do a non creative job? my employers expect me to waste all my creativity to create worthless mass produced fortnite shit? I don’t wanna make creative things for these assholes.

Can’t java or c++ be used like python in computer security jobs?

Python and Raptor are good for getting you into the mindset a programmer should have. You could go straight to the big languages, but you're not gonna have an easy time unless you have some kind of guidance from someone fluent with them.

If pythons so great then why the fuck do I NEED to learn something else afterwards, that’s retarded.

It's not great in function, as many have pointed out in this thread. It's a simple language that's good to ease you into becoming a programmer. That's why many university beginner programming languages get you to use it first, then you move onto bigger languages.

So python isnt turning complete?

What’s the point of learning it if I won’t be able to use it later cuz it SUV’s?

Sucks

Java, Python , or Ruby are Generally accepted as the good starters. If you want to do Front end then you need to learn html5/CSS before anything else. It's give you a good foundation on the ideas of coding.

>So python isnt turning complete?
Stop spouting shit if you don't know what it means, you're making a fool of yourself

>programming languages
>HTML
>learning BASIC in current year

Extremely High IQ Bogdanoff Pill incoming:

Teaching is very difficult, and most people, but especially programmers, do not think pedagogically. It's as if whatever makes people good at programming also makes them shit at teaching, and so no code nerd knows what the fuck they are talking about and can't empathize with noobies who try to learn new things. This isn't just my observation, it's a bit of a meme and there are screeds written about why this is the case but I'm too lazy to get some links.

So basically this thread, like every other "how does I learn programming" thread, will be full of bullshit and you will eventually just decide something sounds good based on almost nothing but your gut, and through a combination of luck and intelligence you will eventually become competent at programming. Python is popular for new programmers. Once you have learned the babby shit with Python then you will know enough to know what you need to research in order to do what you want to do, what other things you will need to learn, and so on.

Python

Don't listen to Java fags

Wierd, I've noticed too that a lot of good programmers can't teach worth shit or they write shitty documentation

Gotta figure it out yourself mostly.

Learn Python then learn C

then learn crystal

The language doesn't really matter that much. What's much more important is to know programming techniques and how to solve a problem in an efficient way independent of the language used.

are you fucking retarded?
>durr I only wanna know 1 language that works for everything
Different languages are used for different things. You most likely wouldn't use C at a startup, just like you wouldn't use Ruby for something that needs very fast performance.
If you wanna learn just 1 language then go for Java or C++ but it's gonna be harder than going for something like Python, Ruby, JS etc.

For lowres coder tho

Im looking at a Python beginners course 90 percent off for 10 bucks, are these generally good or a rip off?

But at university they teach java

user just torrent Udemy courses from here:
freetutorials.us/
If you don't find a course there then you'll possibly find it here:
freecoursesite.com/

I first learned on QBASIC and I think it went pretty well, although you'll have to unlearn some things to move to most other languages
you can look up QB64 which is a modern extension of that line of Basic

PERL.

tutorialspoint.com/index.htm

You'll thank me later.

They also teach gender studies at university

C.
Learning mem management and pointers early is a good idea.

Learn something simple first, like BASIC. Then go to Java/C#/C++ if you want to get a job in any company. Don't forget about databases and SQL. Learn how a computer handles memory and try to apply it with C. Use IDEs, don't fall for the Vim x Emacs meme.

first, no one hires you just because you know x language. that's not a thing.
second, in IT you don't program anything outside of the most senior level positions when they don't have a dedicated programmer team. You can work with stuff like Python and shell scripts as a jr tech but that has nothing to do with C++ or Java programming.
Thridly, if you want to get into game dev you learn libraries and toolkits and then you can go create your own shit if that is lacking.

C+=1;

Also if you wanna work with legacy systems try COBOL, DELPHI(ObjectPascal) or CLIPPER. Wouldn't recommend it, tho.

Attached: programmer_tree.png (1600x3548, 402K)

BASIC.

Honestly do C#

If you're scared of learning new stuff this isnt the field for you

> refuse to buy things without asking my spouse anyway,

kek

I thought so too, user, then I had a look at an online jobs site, and they were willing to pay a shitload of money in areas relating to fintech and machine learning.

m.i.t. intro to programming focuses on python. so you might consider that and just go opencourseware to learn stuff