Why people here have so much hate for Gnome?

Why people here have so much hate for Gnome?

Attached: Star_Ocean_The_Last_Hope_Nappy_time.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

Screen tearing, laggy animations, shitty icons, UI inconsistencies, and high RAM usage. Especially that last one... I caught gnome-shell using 15GB of RAM once.

You forgot the constant removal of any customization option, even as going as far as to hard bake the images used for GDM into a fucking .bin file instead of just letting you point to them through a cfg file in the name of "stability" (I've never once had an issue with SDDM not working, so not sure what the fuck the GNOME guys are on about)

High RAM usage.

though they do allow extensions... written in fucking JavaScript.

then they break the api on minor updates, and also the addons are written by pajeets who never update it

because most """people""" on Jow Forums have unbelievably shitty taste

literally nothing wrong with Javascript

t. frontend developer that probably hates his life

Asshole devs that ignore what users want.

It's laggy as shit. Nothing else matters as long as the thing is so slow it makes Win10 in a 2008 netbook look blazingly fast.

>literally nothing wrong with JavaScript
right, yes, of course. Let me just npm install is-even with 15,000 insecure dependencies. Let me just run some untrusted code on your machine capable of exploiting Spectre and Meltdown. Let me just run some JavaScript on top of an engine composed of millions of lines of code. Let me just write some JavaScript code which has no problem comparing a string with an integer.

front and back end, faggot. I love my life too.
>javascript is the only language with bad developers that do stupid shit
>it's also the only language with vulnerabilities
you heard it here first

JavaScript has a vastly higher quantity of developers that do stupid shit. The language sucks absolute dick.
Look at Python, which is completely parallel with JS. You don't seem Python developers unironically using is-even, or executing arbitrary strings as shell commands.
JS devs are all insanely retarded SJWs that, as need to be "retroactively aborted", as Linus once said.

>appeal to authority
great argument fagtron you sure have me convinced with those hot opinions

>High ram usage
>Javascript
>Tablet UI
>Interface is inconsistent
>From time to time they remove x and you must use an extension to recover it
>Devs and fanboys are assholes
It's basically a bloated wm intended to use with a touch panel, it even makes botnet 10 desktop looks great.

Attached: 1536267208548.gif (640x360, 537K)

what are you talking about? The quote is from Linus but he did not say it in the same context. Also, if we're going to point out each other's fallacies, nice ad hominem.

This. I would honestly prefer to use W10's environment, with Candy Crush and everything, that's how bad GNOME is.

Face it, you're angry because you're heavily invested in a pajeet-tier street shitting language which will be dead the minute WASM can manipulate the DOM. You can still turn things around user.

>javascript sucks because it has shitty developers!
literally your """argument"""
yes user, I am furious that I have to occasionally write Javascript at work. If, on the off-chance, WASM _does_ take over, I will simply pick up WASM. I am an EE grad and I have experience writing VHDL and a bit of lower-level stuff, so I wouldn't mind it at all.

Attached: feynman_bongos.jpg (783x560, 78K)

Pretty much spot-on.

Gnome isn't only cancer on outside, the dev team spend money and other resources for women and minorities groups that don't do shit, so the whole result is a piece of shit but empowered

BECAUSE IT WAS GOOD AND THEN THEY KILLED IT YOU UNDERAGE FUCK

Attached: 1515515309028.gif (400x204, 44K)

/thread