The Elon Musk interview on Rogan

Did anyone else just find Elon Musk really cringey and pretentious on Rogan's show.

I'm watching it now and I'm just stunned that people were impressed with this podcast. Musk sounds like he's auditioning for the role of a Bond villain and using every singularity cliche in the book, while Rogan sucks Musk's dick like nothing else.

Am I missing something here or are people just bedazzled by the "red pilled" tech billionaire who's a counterpoint to Zuck, Jack et al?

Attached: rogan musk.jpg (640x428, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailykanban.com/2018/09/tesla-drives-contractor-into-bankruptcy-trustee-says/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Elon Musk is not a good public speaker, and he is not great at the long-form conversations Joe Rogan does. The whole "yeah bro we'll build tunnels in LA to improve traffic" thing really irritates me because it is dumb on so many levels. The singularity stuff was also super cringe.

I think he had some plan for acting the way he has in order to throw off shorters, but at this point it's kinda backfired and he's just trying to ride it out.

dumb fuck wastin' all that weed smoke tho

When he said trying to warn people about AI was "futile" I thought that was a bit strange because people don't talk like that outside of movies

He's trying to tank the stock so he can buy it himself.

On the opposite, I'd say that being against Musk, a "contrarian", is now already becoming a meme.
In the interview, his ideas were not newly expressed and in line with the stuff he said before. He's speculating a lot but not out of bound.
He's a tech rich idolized normal guy. He was as humbe as he could be given his found status and work ethics.
Making this thread, you're just getting in line with the people who care. Stop caring.

Attached: interlinked.jpg (390x550, 37K)

Elon_Blunt.webm

Attached: Elon_Blunt.webm (954x646, 920K)

Still the same ol' Musky afai can see.

He didnt inhail

he probably thought you smoke it like a cigar. yeah he didn't inhale, later on in the interview he said he didn't feel anything.

He's a brainlet. Understated, genius engineers who work for him are responsible for his successes.

This thread has nothing to do with Jow Forums.

I agree, most of that shit was a cringefest.

He's an entrepreneur. The understated, genius engineers would amount to nothing without a master to serve.

Yes, that's what I'm getting at, it sounded like scripted almost.

musk is in the tech industry. 'the singularity' is a tech concept. what's off topic about this?

i'd never heard him speak aloud before, goddam did he sound awkward. like i know he's south african but was english not his first language? really sounded like he was struggling to speak and that made him lose a lot of his credibility while he was bullshitting about AI and stuttering

that's probably the real reason his stock dipped, not because he smoked weed

Attached: liquiiiiiiid.jpg (104x178, 5K)

>watching Rogan's show

what did you expect

It was a bit awkward, but t's not like he's an every day guy. When you are at his level, people don't treat you as they would a regular guy. Joe Rogan, chilling with him, was probably an experience he hadn't had in decades.

I didn't think he was pretentious in the least.

I hope he got in Rogan's isolation tank and took a big fucking nap.

He's under a huge amount of stress as Tesla is failing and approaching insolvency.

Yes. But it is not entirely his fault. He knowingly sat down with a fanboy, and Rogan could not help his fanboying one bit.

Is it really? Care to go into more detail?

Attached: 1526635665541.png (160x160, 11K)

I tapped out from the cringe after about 12 minutes in

Chad Bezos vs Virgin Musk

>I tried to stop them
>... but they wouldn't listen

Attached: 1535704111632.png (500x500, 296K)

They've been around 15 years and they're still not profitable. The amount of cash they lose each quarter keeps increasing. Last quarter, they lost ~743 million dollars.

Their accounts payable - money they owe, right now, in bills due now - is 3 billion dollars. They have 2.2 billion dollars in cash, and .9 of that is owed back to customers in the form of deposits paid.

Suppliers aren't getting paid and have started to file liens against Tesla. One declared bankruptcy because Tesla hasn't paid them.
dailykanban.com/2018/09/tesla-drives-contractor-into-bankruptcy-trustee-says/

Any sane company would have raised money (again) by now, but Tesla hasn't - probably because the SEC has barred them from doing it, but Elon says he doesn't want to and there's no need to.

They recently got a new Chief Accounting Officer, who left, staying only 30 days and leaving millions in unvested stock options on the table - wonder why.

The company is falling apart and people are blind to it because of their need for a hero. They see Tony Stark in Elon.

Attached: firefox_2018-09-08_17-42-37.png (508x839, 53K)

>t. ideas guy

Rogan is hit and miss and this one was a huge, huge miss. like he didn't even think of any good questions before hand. I know fuck all about musk and have at least 3 good questions for him.

t. butthurt engineer, actually

Go back to tumblr

Got any dirt on SpaceX? Aren't they like one more blown up rocket away from going out of business?

time is cruel...

Attached: 7db1033b-4a93-40a4-9838-c4e934b7e1c2..jpg (502x712, 64K)

He said he doesn't smoke weed often, and was treating it like a cigar since I guess the blunt looked like a cigar

I also though the interview was sub-par.

Many things probably contributed to it.

Elon is actually an engineer and probably somewhere on the spectrum.

Combined with an army of lawyers prepping him to not talk about this, not talk about that, don't do this, don't do that. Deny this, confirm that. etc.

It looked to me, that to many questions, he was searching his memory for restrictions and being in doubt, opted for a trivial and boring answer.

having a vocabulary above third grade level is strange now?

>HA HA