/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones sweater waterdog.jpg (1447x2047, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish I had a gf like that.

Don't we all?

Attached: 1473239714094.png (805x556, 35K)

Are Portapros still recommended for cheapish good headphones?

I'm getting into Vinyl, mostly punk and metal stuff.

I have the V-Moda M80 and the earpads have been busted for about a year and a half, making wearing it for exteded periods of time uncomfortable. Now that I have some spare cash it's time to get something new. I want something over ear and preferably open back. I don't particularly want anything that specializes in something like strong bass or super clear treble, I'm looking for something with a more balanced sound. My budget is $150, but $200 is fine if it's worth it.

I'd rather have a girl who is actually attractive

>Portapros
>Vinyl
>punk
I don't think I can handle all this shit taste

Do Porta Pros leak a shit ton of sound? Will another person in the same room be able to hear what garbage music I listen to?

Used HD580, HD600, HD650, or HD6XX

>Budget
>Source
Sony A45 / Phone + Fiio Q1 MKII Amp/Dac
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Over Ear, Good wire and microphonics
>Sound Signature
Punchy Bass with clear mids and highs. I don't want mud above all else.
>Past IEM
IE80 then MDR-7550 then Tin Audio T2.

I'm looking for something to replace my IE80 since it's been damaged, is about to fall apart, and it's been years.

>Used 580
Could get a new HD58X

DT880, AD900x K612.

Yeah, they are ok for the price, specially with the lifetime warranty.
There are, however, better options for more money. If possible you should save for something around 100 bucks, lots of great starting points in that range, Takstar Pro 82, Brainwavz HM5, Sony MDR V6 + Brainwavz pads etc.
You could also go with something like the AD700X if you want an example of open-backs with great stage.

580 and 58x aren't that similar.

Really? I thought it was basically the same

58X are more like a 598/599 than a 580/600, sound wise.

They're actually closer to the HD660S. One hell of a deal if you ask me.

Attached: hd660s-vs-prod-hd58x1.png (1228x712, 100K)

The HD660S are not good

t. never heard them

Measure worse than the 600/650 and cost more., have undesirable sharp treble making them more akin to a Beyer than a Sennheiser headphone.

In other words, never heard them.

Post purchase rationalization in full swing

I don't own them.

Post your headphones then I'd love to see what someone ignorant enough to think the HD660S are good would use.

Your turn.
By the way, I never said the HD660S was 'good'.

Attached: IMG_20180908_202823072~2.jpg (1512x2536, 357K)

You implied it by saying something measuring close to it was a 'deal'. That FR isn't worth $50 let alone $150

who /zmf/ here

the microsuede/alacantra Classics are

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

Attached: downloadfile-28.jpg (4556x3686, 2.11M)

t. never heard them
I don't see a pic of your headphones, user.

>t.
Stop posting like a retarded redditor user, it's embarassing.

Still no pics of headphones. My almonds are activated.

buy zmf

Attached: downloadfile-21.jpg (3120x4160, 3.19M)

it's on the way

Attached: IMG_7729.jpg (500x346, 39K)

only I can defeat the audiogoblin

/hpg/ send me all of your spicy mustard

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-08-23-36-00-1.png (678x888, 401K)

>he doesnt own stax or any headphones for that matter
you talk tuff

Attached: 1b2.png (414x459, 263K)

we must kill the hobgoblin with Chinese food sauce

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-08-23-36-00-1-1.png (534x693, 239K)

Aaaaand checkmate.

/hpg/ pls

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-08-23-36-00-1-1-1.png (162x150, 17K)

reposting

>Budget

>Location
Canada

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
extra comfy

>Past headphones
HyperX Cloud2

ZMF will defeat Z
Amir will defeat Marv
What's next in the saga of Audiophools?

Is she wearing leggings or are those her bare thighs? So hot

Increase that budget a bit and get the K612. You will not regret it.

>Sennheiser HD558

Why are these suddenly so expensive? They cost like $99 before now I only see them at $200+

Attached: hd558.jpg (450x300, 15K)

My girlfriend caught me in bed with my headphones. What do?

They're discontinued

Threesome.

are you lying to me?

he is, you should save for focal utopias

Is it just me or is the can picker site broken? The sidebar works fine but they're greyed out and no headphones are shown.

No, there are not that many open-back options for 125 bucks. Just Google some reviews if the k612 if in doubt. You could also go with the AD900X.

Two questions:
What are the odds of getting fake Custom One Pros? I just found a pair that's much cheaper than usual in my country, which is quite weird. The store seems ok though.
Is the COP compatible with V-Moda Boompro?

shp9500

What's /hpg/'s opinion on B&O?

ashleyposting is prevelant today
but where is the glorious iris or achmed

Those are going for over 200$ since they got discontinued.

Are they worth $200?

hell no

Sennheiser HD 450 with ANC yay or nay?
160 bucks right now and I'm in the market for decent wireless headphones for use on my laptop and phone.

Attached: 1519621631902.png (374x246, 69K)

opinions on thinksound on2?

are they good or just hipster memes?

Attached: Capture.png (1356x578, 352K)

I want T1-chan to violently rape my eardrums!

Attached: D378611A-A1C4-4C5C-8DE0-9CAC3E85FA4D.jpg (1333x1920, 587K)

I know this is head phone general, but i was wonering if you guys could help me with my car speakers.
Do i measure them from 0cm or 1cm?
I'm trying to make sure i dont get the size wrong for my car speakers

Attached: IMG_20180909_173022.jpg (1080x1920, 374K)

why do people wear headphone outdoor? that shit is embarrassing as fuck

No different than earmuffs.

Also she's an anime girl so she can pull it off

>Budget
~£300

>Location
UK

>Source
fiio E10K

>Type of headphone
Full sized, over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
comfy

>Past headphones
HyperX Cloud II
AKG K72

Using headphones outdoor make you embarrassed? I bet you would die from embarrassing just by removing your sock outdoor then.

Are these threads the most conceited, pretentious, and elitist threads on all of Jow Forums? This hobby is 80% snake oil - so much snake oil that the words "snake oil" make up about 5% of any given thread. I started reading these threads and got into the hobby, and 95% of the sound quality improvement I got came from the first $300 I spent. I tried more expensive dacs and cans, but I noticed once you get into the $150 can territory, everything beyond is marginal at best. Once you have a $75 dac and decent pair of cans, maybe some $50-$100 iems, you're set. Why do you guys autisticly spend so much on sound hardware with only a marginal increase in sound quality from things 5x cheaper? I have many hobbies, and this one has turned into one of the dumbest because it never goes anywhere and just runs in circles. I'm not spiteful or anything, I'm just confused on why you guys spend so much on cans and just post on how "great" they are when you're blatantly just trying to justify the reason you got them when you already have good cans that sound practically the same? Oh wait, you'll just show me a graph showing differences thst are so insubstantial, you can't even hear the differences in a blind test.This goes doubly so for amps and dacs especially. This has been the most unpleasant community I've been a part of as of this moment. Going to go and enjoy my headphones while you strive and pay for something more you'll never get, and end up in buyers remorse every time.

Attached: 20170823_163723.jpg (3264x1840, 1.76M)

>mfw i have a pair that i dont need

Attached: 1415060544577.jpg (670x424, 135K)

I think her legs

Where the fuck is Idol Trash?

Ordered AKG K702 and SMSL M3, what am I in for?

I want to try the balanced meme. Any recommendations for cheapest IEM replacement cable (MMCX - 2.5mm). Build quality should be equal or better than stock Campfire IEM cable.

>everything beyond is marginal at best
That's just diminishing returns —it's a thing in any hobby.
>Are these threads the most conceited, pretentious, and elitist
Headphones, keyboards, watches and pens —holy quarter of pretentiousness.

Did you try Stax? What's your opinion and impression?

No because I'm a poorfag. But I'm sure SHP9500 sound as good as that.

Lol trying to impersonate me because you're butthurt? No, I haven't tries those. The most I've tried and decided against would probably be hd800s. And no, sph9500s do not fall under the $150-ish frame I set for the most sensible and quality headphones.

Try Stax when you have chance or opportunity, just to check whole dynamic/electrostatic thing for yourself. Stay critical but open minded, and they still can surprise you.

it depends, how old are you?

Oh absolutely. I still check things out when I get the chance. But ever since I got my first set of decent cans, nothing's ever knocked my socks off. The most I've ever felt was "oh that's different than what I'm used to" "oh hey that's pretty neat I like the bass response". I appreciate the non-hostile response, especially since my original post was very aggressive. I'm just really bothered by how most of you tout about all this misinformation making it a convoluted and uninformative circlejerk.

Yeah I'm so unhappy with my headphones that I only spent $200 bucks on and sound better than anything else I've ever had

People who post anime on Jow Forums need to be permanently castigated from society, they should be so threatened that they feel the need to wear a stab vest 24/7. If I were ever to find someone who used a anime image in the OP of one of my /hpg/ threads I'd bring them to swift justice with my blade.

Attached: 1231321321.jpg (224x224, 12K)

Not completely unusable, but probably won't like it unless you've attended several concerts/worked in a construction site without ear protection.

Attached: 1519782711724.jpg (769x960, 107K)

>yo lemme ruin my body real quick

Measure from 0...

Make sure you AutoEQ the K702. I did and now they sound vastly superior to stock.

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

>attending several concerts permanently damages hearing

No, it doesn't. Maybe if you've gone to like one every couple of weeks for a long time.

Anyways, I don't go to concerts. I'm 29 and have never listened to anything very loud and live in a quiet environment. I don't find AKG K702s harsh at all, but like I said, they sound much better with EQ.

fuck you she's beautiful

Well, I'm here because I was looking to buy new headphones, so I followed the common advice, went on head-fi, and found out that it's an echo chamber hugbox of delusional retards where it is absolutely impossible to glean any useful information whatsoever because of clap-if-you-believe retards ejaculating their stupid bullshit constantly.

So now I've been doing a ton of reading trying to figure out what is snake oil and what isn't, just so I don't get scammed when I buy new headphones. I want to get advice and reading material from an informed community that not only approaches things rationally, but also relentlessly shits on and ridicules the idiots who buy expensive shit that doesn't matter so that their spew can't clutter up the conversation. I'm not quite sure that /hpg/ is what I'm looking for, but it's been a good starting point.

Everyone is susceptible to confirmation biases and misinformation. Even your $75 DAC confers no perceptible advantage over a cheaper solution from every blind test I've read about, so clearly you're not immune either. So it's nice to have a place where you can go where everyone is hostile and critical and you can get a reality check. When you shill the shiny new headphones that you just bought and everyone posts FR graphs and QC issues tearing it apart, they're relieving you of post-purchase rationalization. That furthers the conversation, I like it.

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking of dabbling to EQ and this seems to fit the bill.

>banning me because I don't like anime

Have some gore.

Attached: 1522804820596.webm (352x608, 2.74M)

This is what all jannies deserve desu.

Attached: 1522964846896.webm (216x360, 674K)

Attached: 1531210246224.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

Attached: disgusting.webm (750x424, 1.88M)

Attached: gentle ballbust_3.webm (600x336, 1.92M)

Attached: pathetic whiteboi.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

this thread is going out of control

Attached: 1528661944291.jpg (835x476, 34K)

>Rakesh doesn't even bother posting different webms in his spergs

SAD

That's absolute non-sense.

Compared to using my uDAC2 (small dac/amp) my AVR sounds much better. It sounds like a veil has been lifted. Is this placebo or maybe the output impedance of the AVR is much higher and altering the frequency response? Btw using the udac2 as USB to Coax to AVR, and using K702.

Attached: 12829.png (1500x555, 744K)

noob

>tfw just started reading through NwAvguy's entire blog

I feel so enlightened.

Attached: 1511969197805.png (898x790, 486K)