IF MENTAL ILL MAN WRITED OS

IT CAN BE LEARNED EVEN YOU, COLLEGE LEVEL RETARD

Attached: TEMPLE_OS.png (734x566, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.osdev.org/Projects
glot.io/snippets/ee0wr83j7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Writing a kernel is not a hard job, it's just tedious. It's not a good use of my time with GCC.

kernek+compilator of HolyC, tex editir, HTML like langiage, windows system, documentation, 3d engine, games, database of H.Bible

>WRITED
shit bait

he had a mental issue, but it wasn't retardation

Schizophrenia doesn't make you stupid.

so what the problemm with Schizophrenia?

...in under 10000 lines of code

It makes you delusional and you see things that aren't there.

so wat?
it do the work

were u are from op?

based

Is it really that hard even for experienced programmers?

India

isn't that kinda stupid?

Fix your keyboard, you autistic lard with down syndrome

lol got him kek

>got naked in public and have zero self-awareness just because some shitty delusions about CIA and God
These kinds of people belongs to asylum, but you fags made fun of him and played with him like a circus monkey. Hobo celebs belongs to r9k, not g.

>WRITED
>LEARNED EVEN YOU

Attached: 1523269795316.png (502x500, 238K)

protip: someone can be bad at one thing and good at another /at the same time/
it's not an easy task writing what he did, he had problems, but programming wasn't one of them

has anyone ever been so far as decided to do look more like?

It's a lot of knowledge that most people don't have and will have to study. Yes, the information is already out there but so is upper level math, it doesn't make the task any less significant. Any reasonably intelligent person, which I unironically imagine at least half this board qualifies as, should be able to do it but only with a lot of time and dedication, which I doubt most people have the patience for.

It is very doable. Writing a kernel is mostly about reading documentation about which MMIO registers to read in what order at what size etc. If you don't care about beating Linux, you won't, it's rather straight-forward. Same with writing a compiler or 3D engine. I wrote a basic kernel, compiler and 3D engine at uni, if you have sufficient autism to keep at it you could write your own temple os.

Attached: step it up senpai.png (370x507, 298K)

More Mell, More Gibson.

Attached: 1477713444805.jpg (458x390, 48K)

>anyone can do
>if you spend the time and effort learning and practicing it
yea, no shit, the same can be said for literally anything

If you think a lot, have a lot of ideas, can make connections easily, or if you have a vivid imagination, then you are more at risk of coming up with delusional ideas, or doing things like hallucinating. There is a thin line for instance between questioning everything/being a smart skeptic, and being paranoid.

So we agree that what he did is fairly standard. Good.

it wasn't anything that hadn't done before, if that's what you mean, but that doesn't really make it 'easy'

and all this - public doman now!

Absolutely Designated

dumb ESL

It really pains me that there are people on Jow Forums who are too tech illiterate to comprehend the amazing feat of engineering Terry pulled off here.

Attached: 1525914830692.jpg (452x582, 64K)

They've never done it before, they won't do it, they have no experience with low-level programming, and they never will because they can't program.

He was a very smart man his mental illness came later in life

cose woman love colledge level retards

Yes.

It is.

bump

Sure is divine intellect in here.

You and I both know that terry's code is unmaintainable dogshit.

Attached: nigger code.png (786x950, 86K)

rewrite it in your perfect style
it only 10k lines of code

Code is meant to be read by humans not computers.

What? Comments are meant for humans. code should be understandable but it is read mainly be computers........

if you consider it an amazing feat of engineering then you are actually tech illiterate.
if you dont have a job and have decades to waste on a task that you believe is inspired by god then you can do the same.

mental illnesses give you special abilities

Attached: 1280px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (1280x1014, 599K)

>special abilities
You know you are on Jow Forums, right? RIght?

>comprehend the amazing feat of engineering Terry pulled off here.
WHAT WRITING A FUCKING HOBBY UNFINISHED KERNEL LMAO LITERALLY KILL YOURSELF AUTISTIC MOUTH BREATHING LOSER
wiki.osdev.org/Projects

yeah autism gives me the special ability of saying some very retarded shit and living in a delusion But can you draw a starry night or make a temple os? CAN YOU?

Rather than go on about "muh os and compiler from scratch" what actual ideas did he implement that are interesting or even useful?

One thing I heard is that you can compare variables like (5 < X < 10) instead of using && with two comparisons.

He learned everything before he went insane, which is different from learning while having a mental illness.

>yeah autism gives me the special ability of saying some very retarded shit and living in a delusion
Yes, don't we all?

>But can you draw a starry night or make a temple os? CAN YOU?
A starry night of sorts, probably. Haven't tried but why not?
As for OS I did write an OS for a DSP some years ago and we were talking about porting a MMU-less Linux to it. The OS I did worked well and allowed for seamless replacement of modules on the fly and real time rebooting (some weird requirements that came with the real time logging system). Unfortunately we never completed the Linux port.

Attached: 1508035154700.gif (399x399, 1.42M)

Terry had a B.S. in Computer Engineering and an M.S. in EE, the two hardest engineering disciplines both of which provide the knowledge needed to write an OS.

If he was so smart how come he wasn't smart enough to outwit death?

>the two hardest engineering disciplines
are they really? I’m not familiar with engineering disciplines

>implying crazy means dumb

>but it is read mainly be computers
No it isn't.

Terry can read it, why (You) cant?
it not C++ with crazzy templates or something.

that looks fine to me except for the whitespacing, which is easily fixable.

Schizophrenia doesn't make you less intelligent. He had a SAT of 1440. He was more intelligent than you'll ever be.

what would his potential have been if he stayed on his meds?

i feel kind of bad about how Jow Forums poked at a mentally ill guy and encouraged him like some animal in a zoo

A lump of meat. That's what his potential would have been. A whimpering death.

I had a SAT of 1441.

asshole user has a point, so many open-source kernel projects really puts templeos in a new light.
Amazing feat to write one. But that guy was mentally ill, unemployed and supported by his parents. Written an OS in his spare time for 15years or so, and its of use to nobody - safe for the fact that people got some memes out of him and maybe some musings about some implementation details.

Taking his potential into consideration (masters degree) its pathetic, his output is a joke.

But taken into account the burden he had to carry (mental illness) he did great.

RIP Terry

Attached: 1523821898484.jpg (332x332, 32K)

He made 10k lines of perfect code
The HolyC compiler
TempleOS - the only complety independed OS made my one persone
You dont get it- but he can easy adopt it to any computer, TempleOS dont need anything expect processor and memory.
The only perfect OS avalable.
The only OS what can be ralisticaly sertified as backdoor free

(You) dont get hoe easy to constract processor for TempleOS
TempleOS dont need memory protection, bios, standart instruction sets, floating point numbers
Any chinese manufacter can make TempleOS computer durty cheep, for it NOT NEED ANY LICENCE

Well, can you tell what it does?

>You dont get it- but he can easy adopt it to any computer, TempleOS dont need anything expect processor and memory.
Except it is so tightly bound to x86_64, down to memory management and inline assembly, that you might as well start from scratch

>memory management
TempleOS manage to make flat memory, that all

I liked Terry. Guy had a lot of shit he was struggling with, couldn't blame him for that. But he was only popular on Jow Forums because he was a youtube lolcow who said nigger a lot. GNU Hurd is more useful than TempleOS, even for bible study.

TempleOS - 17000kbytes, 17 floppy disks
shortest and easiest OS exists

Literally not true. TempleOS is cool but you don't have to make shit up about it just because terry died.

>x86_64
That is going to be around for many years yet. And by the looks of it, far longer than the imploding ARM.

1. it's a shitty frankenstein architecture that needs binary blobs to start up
2. literally how does that back the claim of "but he can easy adopt it to any computer"? it's irrelevant to the discussion

glot.io/snippets/ee0wr83j7k

what did he meant by this?

>frankenstein architecture
I agree. Sadly aesthetics rarely decides such things. I have done assembly programming on Intel platforms and felt a strung need for a shower afterwards.

Also sadly RISC-V is excessively orthodox. No auto increment or decrement of pointers.

That so-called "OS" is a heap of absolutely unusable dogshit.
Just sayin'

You would need separate increments by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16. nobody is doing bytewise memcpy nowadays.
RISC-V, at least its minimum variant (RV32I), is pretty close to fucking perfection. Just look at how the jump instruction is done.

>nobody is doing bytewise memcpy nowadays
You traverse arrays for reasons other than memcpy too.

Attached: curta-mechanical-calculator.jpg (3000x2000, 2.11M)

I won't deny that. What's your use case for auto-increment?

can you give me a filename or at least the full function so I can have a fuller context?

As a schizophrenic person I call to question that logic. I was much smarter before I first showed symptoms.

How much of that is due to medication? Take John Nash for instance. Medication numbed his genius. His genius seemed to be tied to his illness somehow.

He was a savant.

Why didn't terry make cpus and motherboards then?

he cheated on the SAT, he said it himself

I was completely incapable of interacting with people I want intimately familiar with before my medications. Before that I was extroverted and tested really well in school. Once the symptoms started things were bad until I finally found a medication for me but at that point the chance of a normal life passed me by. Now I just live the NEET life hoping I don't starve to death at some point.

Damn. Feels bad man. Something I've heard about meds is that they keep the psychosis and delusions under control but they don't help with the numbness so that's what you're left with. Hang in there bro.

>idolizing a schizo, overgrown sòy boy
kys faggots
pic related, he looks exactly like terry

Attached: 1512900897569.png (724x724, 791K)

What is your diet like you attention seeking faggot?

He made his own CNC machine.

Because it had graphics in it.

I did once, in 1994. I'm still banned from Best Western.

Mental illness doesn't mean you unlearn what you already know.
It may however occupy much of your the time and energy that you would otherwise put into other pursuits and interests.

but he is just ordinary retard like (You)

i got 1590 desu

I bet it was them cia niggers

what if god told Terry to work on systemd instead

Array arithmetic and string processing mainly.

>he

You sound like someone who has never worked on/read someone else's code before.

Function name is Cmp()

bump

Arrggghhh, I hate mentally ill man! He make mad!!! Good he dead! I'm perfectly normal man, unlike him! /thread

Attached: Ultimate_neckbeard.jpg (405x720, 61K)