When we will get phones like picture related again?

Attached: nokia phone.jpg (600x450, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.planetcom.co.uk/products/gemini-pda-1?variant=6331543683099
youtube.com/watch?v=XQQuOICUylQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its was the peak of portable technology design

Never because landscape orientation is retarded.

Never because that design is inheritly weak and expensive.
The hinges and ribbon cables always break and are retardedly expensive to manufacturer due to extra parts and labour to assemble, compared to single touch screen phones.

Sliders? Hopefully never. The keys were way too tiny for my liking.

>inheritly weak
As if phone makers care about quality
>expensive
thats the real reason

>The keys were way too tiny for my liking
How is that any different from in-screen keyboard?
At least with physical keyboard you have physical feedback, plus it doesn't take space away from the screen.

Hopefully never.
The second touch screens became accurate they were RIP hard. Mini physical keyboards are a huge waste of space and hard as fuck to use.

Never. One of the best phones I’ve had is the Nokia E71. The middle button was like a track pad. Only complaint was the 2.5mm audio jack.

Attached: 017CFB45-1F7C-48CC-A5B3-ADC8C85E5D0C.jpg (550x529, 91K)

You mean the Nokia N900 and how relatively easy it is to install an actual full featured Linux distro or Android?

Yeah this phone is based from anywhere you look at it, need more phones with full root access and completely unlocked boot loader.

Attached: DSC_2401.jpg (880x880, 103K)

forgot pic

Attached: Nokia N900 with ganoo.jpg (1600x1200, 127K)

never because amerifats won't buy it because they want big screens and muh no bezel

>full featured Linux distro
By full featured, you mean x86, right?

Attached: blackberry priv.gif (555x312, 1.08M)

You mean slider phones? Yeah physical keyboards are great, i had picture related and it was great for texting.

Attached: Blackberry-Curve-9320-Black-1171109-1-b0d20.jpg (620x726, 41K)

Holy shit, you're retarded. Linux is not Windows, and most Linux software can be trivially recompiled for ARM.

Debian and Ubuntu has lots of packages for ARM. Sure you can't run Windows software over WINE, but at that point you should be using something like the GPD Win

and the award for the most retarded reply goes to....

Who knows? Maybe it'll come around as a trend again.
They're objectively better than simple slate designs.

I'm sticking with the Passport until then.

Attached: IMG_0850.jpg (3648x2736, 1.43M)

You carry a mouse daily?

Never know when you need to point out something wrong.

Moto x keyboard slider mod should be available any damned time now actually.

So ya know you can get one soon. I damned well am.

>user

Attached: fatfingers.png (768x576, 485K)

store.planetcom.co.uk/products/gemini-pda-1?variant=6331543683099

>Released in 2009

watched a video on that phone and popped a stiffy

Snapped so many of thes fuckers in half back in the day

Attached: CC2CEB89-AFDE-4F96-B07E-352254BC566A.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Also AIM to TXT was GOAT

Yet all my sliders were rock solid.

Fuck yes

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

> because I have fat fingers I want everyone to suffer
Dont be so selfish, user. N900 is still the best phone I have had considering the time it came out

i gave up hope and purchased the mod for the moto z phones a ridiculously high price off ebay. after about 3-4 weeks all i can say is "never".
the mod is pretty much broken. one of the holders between the keypad and the back of the mod that attaches to the phone has 2 missing screws that are super tiny so now i have to be careful with it. i dont know why they added that tilt gimmick because all it did was add more room for shit to go wrong.
the body of the keyboard is way thinner than the phone so it feels awkward. not only that but the plastic feels flimsy and the edges of the keypad are somewhat sharp.
actual typing can be comfortable once you get used to the key layout.
in their defense, this is the "light" model so its thinner. maybe the "standard" will be different? i sure hope they reinforce the area that attaches the keypad to the spring system and back of the phone.
to answer OPs question, never. everyone will follow the iphone trends.
photo taken with shitty droid 4 (crashed twice trying to get a photo) that i replaced for the moto z3.

Attached: motoz.jpg (3264x2448, 2.02M)

i want to go back, but those memories late into it's life prevents me from doing so

Attached: 237894-lg-rumor-touch-virgin-mobile.jpg (500x455, 26K)

>tfw can't respond to automated prompts with touch tone on old pulse rotary phone
I just wanted to pay my bills by phone at my grandparent's house.

This. Neo900 must come.

>hard as fuck to use.
For plebs. I was at the height till touchscreens flooded the market.

And we have a winner

>Snapped so many of thes fuckers in half back in the day
You sad mofo.

Attached: P230910_09.29_[02].jpg (2048x1536, 562K)

my wife still uses her blackberry priv because no one will make slider phones. I wish motorola would make one for their moto mod shits

NEVER BECAUSE AMERICANS WERE TOO RETARDED TO USE SYMBIAN

Fuck off boomer

Because I'm not a normalfag who is not aware that swipe exists.

I wish I still had tis pic related one.

It had its limits, but with a Cyanogen10 custom ROM it ran way better than the stock OS and typing shit on it was as smooth as butter. The touchscreen could have been a bit bigger tho, by placing the buttons not on front, but overall this was a great companion to me.

Attached: SE_x10mini.jpg (1224x918, 186K)

>arm
so its useless, right?
yeah, kinda thought so.

>gOtTa InCluDe ANIME in my picture SOMEHOW.
jesus christ, a little more subtle next time maybe

Go be retarded somewhere else. ARM systems run ELF binaries just fine.

autism speaks, unfortunately.
risc is the future

Has nobody heard about the Gemini PDA? Practically the only smartphone in 2018 with a keyboard that isn't a Blueberry for people with tiny fingers... or any phone keyboard at all.

Attached: a384f3803b25725edaadb35bfb2294dc.jpg (900x714, 65K)

I'll be a bit more excited when its GPU gets supported by the Panfrost open source driver.

>mfw Cyanogenmod no longer exists

Are you this user? Regretting your purchase?

Attached: 1533388395427.jpg (752x409, 90K)

At least the Android developer scene still exists as a whole. I really like the modding community on XDA, it has shown me some nice things and provided me with some very good ROMs over the years. Their section for Android TV boxes holds some treasures too, not to speak of the whole technical reviews and tests. And I know about the risks of those, but in the end, isn't using a phone a risk in the first place?

t. not a shill, just a fan

>buy unfinished, broken prototype of something
>wonder why its shit

Attached: 1258324953244.jpg (363x310, 28K)

> tfw he can't whistle DTMF tones
> It's like you're not even trying Cap'n Crunch
DTMF tones are passed via audio you can turn up the volume on your phone put the speaker near the rotary phone's mic and press the appropriate key on your phone.
Or be a retard and buy an "app"

I get the feeling keyboards will eventually come back into style (or at the very least be more relevant) when people get bored with current phone designs, but it will probably be awhile.

I really, really wish there were more options for modern keyboard phones outside fucking Blackberry. It feels like it died out way too early with the rise of smartphones.

we already got them

N900 is still the best phone I ever owned

Unfortunately I can't see them ever coming back there is no content generation other than a phone and 10 words most people can and will make do with a touch screen for that
People are starting to forgo desktops and even laptops in lieu of a phone or tablet if there is little need to type why would they need a keyboard

yes.
not entirely. i like typing with the keyboard but i disagree with some design choices. im still waiting for the full product as thats supposed to have a battery and would help with the awkward holding since itd make the keyboard part thicker. the moto z3 itself also makes a little sad. no 3.5mm jack, locked down device by verizon, cant hotspot, no root.

i never had high expectations which is why i didnt back the project. from the very beginning i knew itd be low quality but i needed a new phone. the droid 4 wasnt cutting it anymore.
with that said if you see the blogs on indiegogo youll see its pretty much finished at this point. the delays are mostly because motorola support sucks and wouldnt give the green light on the projects full version then delays on part production.

heres your phone bro

youtube.com/watch?v=XQQuOICUylQ

I just want pic related but thinner, and maybe a few design touch ups/change keyboard

Coolest phone ever made

Attached: Samsung a300.jpg (293x500, 17K)

Put $550 down as 40% payment on a Neo900 from Openphoenux. It's the most open source phone there is, or will be if they ever fucking finish it. Even the cell modem, the most closed down part of a modern phone, is partly open because most of it's documentation has been "leaked" and there is a small group of people working on reverse engineering open source firmware for it. Also the modem can be turned off and isn't integrated on the CPU die with direct access to the memory like most phones have. In most phones, the modem practically has it's own secret OS that almost definitely has back doors in it.

What buy an app?

ToneDef is free.

I want phones to have a 900mhz FHSS simplex radio like many of the Nextels had.

>limited by dictionary
It sure its an improvement, when you compare it with total shit touchscreen keyboards.

This

>if there is little need to type
Fucking normal fags

god damn it. are you that fucking """angry birds cpu""" faggot again

After apple innovators decide that smartphones need a real keyboard, that will only cost 499$ :3

E72 has 3*5

why did you pay 1000 dollars for that