What is the fucking point of the distributions like Ubuntu...

What is the fucking point of the distributions like Ubuntu? It is supposed to ease my life by just "installing" shit yet it is so broken that working on the Portage in Gentoo feels much easier and faster. Why did Ubuntu had to fuck itself so much, it seems like as the time passes it becomes more and more broken.

Attached: big_1473919095_image.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
youtube.com/watch?v=QQekFkgpFJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i fucking loved ubuntu until they went to unity. i even put it on my mothers computer and she loved it.

Ive only used it for 5 minutes on my shit old laptop, but I could tell how laggy it was in comparison to Kali or clean FreeBSD. It definitely feels like a full operating system, but using it or elementary, is about the same as using a Mac computer 10 years ago.

Unless in the next 10 years linux gets more mainstream support there’s not going to be any point in using it.

Elon Musk’s choice is windows 100% for everything related to coding, SpaceX and Tesla run on Windows.

Attached: 23E949EE-8FED-4148-B7C4-9E0737F8FBC6.jpg (576x1024, 89K)

software center has never worked well. for any debian based system you're better off with synaptic

Sorry I don’t know much about linux, how do you mean they went to unity?

At least the Unity is not broken, Gnome 3 is a fucking disaster, it is like a good idea that for some strange reason went terribly wrong. It lacks intuitive "Preferences" and don't make me even start my rant about bugs.

Gnome did suck nigger ass

>he doesn't know that a DE with one click

Ubuntu bought unity game engine and soon unity and it's games will be Linux exclusive.

gnome isn't bad if you start from just basic gnome-shell and build what you want on top of it

That’s like shooting your penis off and saying only supermodels can sleep with me

Attached: 5EFCC3F0-8B16-4B20-A1D3-E7BF2437F67B.jpg (267x458, 27K)

At least in the past Ubuntu was decent, the compiled packages were tested, nowadays almost half of the applications I try to open won't start, ok maybe it doesn't like my architecture but no, the shit is literally broken everywhere. It is like a big middle finger that says fuck you. If I really wanted to debug shit I'd use some different distribution not the one that is supposed to be "the easiest one".

That's true though.

O'boondoo?!?!

Attached: 0a6c7735-3ab2-440c-b510-3559df2e5b05..png (1630x1460, 1.27M)

I blame Gnome

Attached: 1519495662636[1].png (838x1198, 908K)

Source compilation is always going to be more consistent than binary distribution. You are essentially custom compiling programs for your personal system. It's how Unix was originally designed to operate which is why it was able to be distributed cross platform before everything homogenized on X86. The only reason binary package deployment is possible is due to this hardware homogenization. It's inherently less efficent and less reliable.

I like Linux Mint a lot. The UI is clean, it runs well on multiple older machines. I even run docker with a Kali instance on it for testing that I do.

fun fact - that female was a turkish actress

I fucking loved ubuntu until they went back to gnome

Attached: 1536194635560.jpg (600x564, 33K)

And musk runs on weed apparently so he's not that fucking clever now is he?

Good point

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

youtube.com/watch?v=QQekFkgpFJs

Debian is meant to put a lot of packages together before going into the weeds and vote about useless stuff.
Ubuntu is meant to take the Debian work and make it easy to work, before going into the weeds and doing strange stuff.
Kubuntu takes Ubuntu stuff and adds KDE stuff made before those went into the weeds and abuse small domestic mail clients, and with this combination make a useful distribution that can be used.

Just never touch Kmail.