What Linux distro do you guys use?

What Linux distro do you guys use?
XUbuntu is

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.png (500x500, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/intel_graphics#Tear-free_video
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

solaris

>XUbuntu is less than 3
I like zoo boon 2 tho

Xubuntu w/linux-libre kernel

Attached: 1531023659129.png (600x500, 35K)

xubuntu

>xfce

Enjoy your screen tearing and outdated desktop.

Thanks, I will.

Ubuntu with i3
Mad productive u kno

Attached: edgy_emoji.jpg (631x689, 21K)

Attached: 1508665616634.jpg (800x600, 51K)

reddit is down the hall and to the left

just installed siduction, gonna give it a whirl

came here to post that i'm using Siduction

well, it's just Debian sid with a few tweaks, I'm just running their kernel

with KDE, because GNOME 3.30 was too unstable and had bugs on wayland.

ask me how do I know you are a girl (male)

I fell in the sid meme.
>can't install nvidia drivers because they haven't pulled all dependencies
>gnome-terminal 3.30 has a bug where the text cursor stops showing itself
wow I love being bleeding edge.
Rolling back to stable.

>implying there is any DE without screen tearing

i use ubuntu budgie

really? if you're using sid the drivers are built against the other packages in sid. perhaps you mean you were using experimental drivers?

how do you know someone uses budgie? don't worry- they'll tell you

Less than 3 what? What is the unit of measurement?

>i3
>not screen
vi doesn't have a gui.

I use GalliumOS on two chomebooks, but all it really is Xubuntu with some chromebook drivers and a custom kernel. Shit is cash. Its a lot snappier than any other linux distribution on a chromebook from my experience.

>budgie
You may as well put Linux, Anime or just X as well.

>baiting this hard

Man, I miss using XFCE. It had a LOT of little shit that aggravated me, but I've literally never used a DE that was as solid, stable, and bug free. I'm holding out hope for LXQT these days.

no, I was using unstable non-free contribute on the sources. should I've used the word sid? I thought it was the same

Linux mint cinnamon.

>screen tearing
Never experienced one
>outdated desktop
???
I just need a window manager with shortcuts and a friendly GUI, which XFCE does pretty well, what the fuck are you looking for in a DE

My preference by tools is dictated by the amount of r34 with their cute mascots. XFCE only has two, and I'm the one to blame for it. KDE has Konqi (who is cute) and there is plenty of lewd with him. That's why I use kubuntu.

>screen
>not tmux
i hope you enjoy being a GNU/Cuck

elementaryOS is just the best

Redpilled

Enjoy not using the desktop properly (you) fag

If you aren't using this I feel sorry for you.

Attached: archlabs_logo-light-ocean-light.png (781x781, 10K)

Um, there is absolutely no screen tearing in Xfce4 when you download the proper graphics drivers, and disable the shitty composite manager.

You really can't fix your screen tearing? I do it in the first five minutes of start-up on a new DE using Xfce4.

>T. couldn't install mainline Arch

Xfce is best. Only use distros that come with it by default.

I use arch btw

Why does screen tearing need to be fixed in the first place? It's obviously a problem, why don't they use better defaults?

XUbuntu is nuts
I also used fedora but It was buggy as fuck
(I think it was gnome being buggy rather than fedora? idk)
Now i use windows but holy shit its so bad it makes me want to switch again but full time now
I will probably install arch/gentoo in a vm then on a second partition and then uninstall windows if everything will work fine
installing software from cli is something I never thought about before i first tried linux but now I notice how amazing it is

Attached: 1531331581830.jpg (500x382, 26K)

Why not be smart enough to fix your own problems?

I use arch btw

Attached: 2018-09-09-013418_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 204K)

what DE is without screen tearing then?

Why be dumb and ship an OS with known problems?

How prevalent is tmux installed compared to screen?

>DE

fuck you im not using your faggot shit newfag. I hate that garbage interface give me xfce or some other one that doesnt tear. I already figured out how to fix xfce but give me alternative DE.

I'm guessing it's because it can't be generically addressed, as in you'd have to program completely different settings for every video card and check for them on install.

Either that or you're using a performance DE (lxde/xfce) and vsync was one of the things decided to be anti-minimal.

vsync gives you input lag and that is retarded

Is Jow Forums purity spiraling to CLI?

Attached: ftc22ztlmnk11.jpg (602x504, 178K)

>performance DE (lxde/xfce) and vsync
stop.
i3 is for faggots

I hope so

Dude they are shipping to millions of different people, mostly all using their own configuration of software.

It's not like they are out to get you God Damn stop being so paranoid. You just have to fucking identify your problem, and solve it. Stop being such a nag now -- and fuck off.

>I will probably install arch/gentoo
If you can't name at least 5 real reasons to use these (no, screenfetch doesn't count), I wouldn't recommend it at all. If you had no problems with apt and never needed the bleeding edge packages that a rolling distro provides then you really have no reason to switch just yet. Sounds like all you really want is a different de, which can be changed easily.

God dammit what faux pas did I trigger?

arch linux justwerks
It's the most user-friendly and best linux

How are there some distros that dont have screen tearing like xfce "out of the box"?

>t. too retarded to type apt remove compton

Go back to Windows, you win. I'm done with this conversation. Quit saying there is inevitable screen tearing in Linux, just cause you're too much of a brainlet to solve your issues.

>typing commands from a guide is hard

>commands
>plural
the only command to install arch linux is pacstrap you fucking chimp
arch linux is the most user friendly and easiest linux for anyone who isn't a braindead niggermonkey

These are being posted completely unironically.

I've fixed the screen tearing. But its funny how you guys get so butthurt about something thats not a problem on other distros. Why so defensive?

Anything Debian based is fine except Mint.

maybe if you just took some time to understand what your computer was doing you wouldn't need to get spoonfed commands from neckbeards on the internet

Then use that 'other' distro? Who cares?

I'm not sure if this post is ironic
but yes I am being serious.

This is the only thing loonixtards have control of in their life, that's why they so desperately clung to it.

If you want the benefits of a rolling distro without the crippling instability of Gentoo or Arch, use KDE Neon

Why do you desire control so much in a Universe which operates on such a lack of it?

*pulls gigabytes of GTK dependencies*

Are you one of the retarded devs? Because you obviously didnt understand the part where I said I have fixed the screen tearing. My question is why this is an issue with xfce and left to the user to fix when other DEs don't have this issue.

I care, that's why I'm asking.

Why are you xfce fags so defensive. Are you this butthurt when a flaw gets pointed out. Sure you can fix it yourself but its just lazy of the devs to leave it up to the users. It's obviously not impossible to fix it since other DEs can do it. Maybe I'm missing something?

>inb4 more butthurt defensive comments

>Are you one of the retarded devs?
Nope, I use i3 you're just a drooling retard

>Nope, I use i3 you're just a drooling retard
Why is that? I've fixed my problem. Can't I question why it's a problem in the first place?

>I've fixed my problem.
did you or did I fix it for you?
>why it's a problem in the first place
probably because you don't have the right graphics drivers installed. xfce has never had screen tearing issues for me

Fuck the CIA nigger he is just tryin to get under you skin.

ubuntu-mate. i tried xubuntu but the process for its start menu liked to randomly crash about every fifth time i tried to open it. fuck that clownshit.

>did you or did I fix it for you?
Seeing how I fixed it before this thread was made I would say I did.

Attached: 1532713830206.jpg (474x474, 15K)

I must have really triggered you lol
I forgot how serious some people take this shit

>triggered
nah I'm just drunk and don't take well to idiots

>nah I'm just drunk
Explains a lot

just curious, have you been refreshing this thread for 4 hours?

>me

Yes

Mint.

how do I get expose on xubuntu? does compiz run well? xdashboard doesnt suit my needs and feels clunky

funny thing I've been using screen for close to fifteen years now, and yesterday chose to try out tmux. When I start tmux with an application during boot it doesnt run until I attach to the session. Screen doesnt have this problem.

Ergo, tmux is shit.

Kubuntu here. Been looking for a disto that suits me as a permanent replacement for the Windows ecosystem. This feels pretty comfy so far.

Attached: 928374928379.png (1920x1080, 574K)

devuan + i3 & xfce on all my pcs except for my drawing pc; currently using ubuntu on that cause I'm not sure how compatible devuan is the digitizer

Ubuntu GNU

Attached: Screenshot (38).png (1920x1080, 130K)

>when you see it

lookup output name(s) with xrandr then run:
xrandr --output --set TearFree on
for every output.
example:
xrandr --output HDMI-A-0 --set TearFree on

If this works for you, stick it in one of the conf files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/intel_graphics#Tear-free_video
Leave a txt file in your home folder with where and how you made that change and restart xorg.

Attached: linuxflag.jpg (1000x850, 86K)

Arch of course...

kek

Void

Version of gtk

Attached: State of xfce in 2018.png (1080x196, 52K)

And for the folks that bought Nvidia: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing

mint xfce

Heavily customized Xubuntu 16.04, most likely going to switch to Mx-17 Linux after support for 16.04 ends.

>Xfce is best. Only use distros that come with it by default.

This, actually.