/sqt/ General

Stupid question thread.
Kancolle ed.

>Read
(Cross-thread) →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)
>Last thread

Attached: 95e9775acba2512eda4dd5c7f18ae01f0270ef7bdc2162b1b59aadf2d746f863.jpg (850x850, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGcgQEzCCrI
gparted.org/faq.php#faq-6
openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration
qutebrowser.org/doc/install.html#_debian_stretch_ubuntu_17_04_and_17_10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish I had gfs like that.

damn me too

Ganbare user.

I'm getting an Excel work tomorrow, is only a few days, the problem is I don't have Excel, my only machine runs Arch.
What should I do? No, office 2003 is not an option, I need at least 2007.

Best way to learn intro to CS online?

youtube.com/watch?v=AGcgQEzCCrI

I need a decent laptop under 500 that can flawlessly run looncucks with zero battery life issues altogether.

Help me please.

Attached: fedora.gif (312x250, 1.9M)

I recently upgraded the SSD on my ultrabook from 128 to 500gb.
Now there's 300gb of unallocated space on the new SSD, but I can't extend volume to it because I'm cockblocked by an OEM partition. There seems to be a way to delete the OEM partition entirely, but apparently there's where System Restore stuff goes? If so, it's probably best to not delete it, but what are my other options here?

Goodbye

Attached: 6DB24CF44D5F4AB9B12C8C86692D3E08.gif (460x257, 687K)

>what are my other options here?
1. making a new partition after the oem partition, using the unallocated space and leaving you with two usable partitions
2. wiping the drive and reinstalling from scratch
3. using proper partition software like gparted and moving the recovery partition from a livecd environment, then fixing/reinstalling the bootloader

How do I change the Allocation Cluster Size on my exFAT Hard drive without formatting it?

What about using excel online?
AFAIK you only need a hotmail account.

>making a new partition after the oem partition, using the unallocated space and leaving you with two usable partitions
This is exactly what I don't want, though. I just want one primary partition that uses most, if not all, of the 500gb available.

>wiping the drive and reinstalling from scratch
I didn't mention this on the initial post, but I restored the image from my previous drive precisely because I don't want to start from scratch.

>3.
I'll look into this, then.

Is ring doorbell shit?

Got one with new house, set it up, everything checks out, passes all test with flying colors, does fucking nothing.

No motion sensor logs, no ring logs, live view says "will be enabled after next motion event" which never happens, or "ring to activate" which runs in the house but does nothing else, no event logged, no live view.

Why the fuck are you getting excel work when you don't have excel? Buy excel or go to a fucking library or FedEx kinko's

gparted.org/faq.php#faq-6
gparted should be included on most popular linux livecds (for example ubuntu or mint). using a livecd will not install linux on your machine.

there's most likely some paid software that lets you do this from inside of windows, if you don't have a cd/dvd/usb stick for linux. basically anything that's not the built in windows partitioning tool should be able to do this. acronis/easeus/etc.

i'd recommend making a backup image of the ssd first.

How did I do?

Attached: Untitled.png (1004x106, 4K)

How do I investigate kernel panic on Arch

Looks good enough, but I need something I can use without internet... Thanks anyway.

Clover crashes when i try and pick and image. Fix this floens

>no loli
shit thread

>Trying to configure this TP-Link router in OpenWrt using CLI. I'm following a guide here:
>openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration
>And I'm too the point just after typing in iw dev wlan0 scan
>But I don't know where to go from there. The info in that next section
>network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.2.1'
>network.repeater_bridge=interface
>network.repeater_bridge.proto='relay'
>network.repeater_bridge.network='lan wwan'
>network.wwan=interface
>network.wwan.proto='dhcp'
>Do I type all of that manually in my ssh client? I type out each line individually, and am met with "-ash: [Insert thing I just typed out]

There's always VirtualBox or Wine.
I personally wouldn't set up a virtual machine only for Excel but your call.
I'm not even sure Excel would work with Wine.

It won't, I'm thinking about create a VM, or dual boot my ssd, I only have 4 gigs and I don't think that's enough to run W7 in a VM.

Gentooman library

Terrible.

Alright, so I deleted the OEM partition with DiskPart just to test it out, and booting to Recovery mode with F9, System Recovery/File History/etc. are not longer working. This isn't a huuuge issue, so long as I'm not retarded enough to completely fuck up my system, but it would give me peace of mind if they were still there.

So it's back to square one. Basically the issue here is that I can't merge the rest of the unallocated space because the very last allocated partition on my drive is the OEM one, which for some reason is completely untouchable (can only delete with DiskPart, can't extend at all). I did some Googling and apparently third party applications, such as Partition Wizard, can help me with this since unlike Disk Manager, it'll allow me to extend a partition into unallocated space that isn't adjacent to it.

Can anyone speak to the reliability of Partition Wizard? Or recommend any other third party application that'll allow me to do the same thing.

Also, an even stupider question, I've had to restore an image (about 100gb in size) onto my new SSD twice already because I'm fucking dumb, and I probably have to do it again to bring back the OEM partition.

Will all these large writes in a short amount of time affect performance of the SSD at all? Obviously, in the long run it probably will, but what about in the short term?

Has anyone seriously used lynx? Considering the internet today I can't see how 90% of webpages work on a CLI browser.

Is 1150 cpu chipset obsolete now? I havent really done much with my PC and want to upgrade it. Problem is cant really run many games on ultra with my old 4690k cpu.

Yeah, get a good 1151 and you'll be set for a few years

Fuck. Just got a 1080ti and forgot to upgrade my CPU.

Attached: c2d.jpg (663x579, 39K)

>obsolete
no
A well cooled 4690K should be able to max out most games on ultra.

>obsolescent
yes
Some newer games need at least 6 threads to run on ultra, but the GPU is still the bottleneck in most.

Yeah I got around to playing battlefield 5 and 4690k isnt even on the list for minimum requirements.

4 threads can only get you so far in 2018

Also what do you guys do with your old PC parts? Ebay? CL?

does ubiquity (ubuntu's installer) just copy all files in the iso image to target location or it would download packages that is available in the iso? (assume the "update during install" option is off)

Anybody have a Pocketbook 602? I can't get Koreader to work on it. Is it just too old, is Koreader fucking up?

>loli
shit taste

How do you put a 3 legged transistor in a breadboard?

>not liking loli
awful taste

So I'm going to format my new Hard Drive to exFAT with a cluster size of 4KB. It's a backup drive, so performance isn't that big of an issue. Is there that big of a difference in performance between different cluster sizes, i.e 4KB, 256KB, 512KB?

So I have an InDesign document that I'm editing and I want to bring over to Linux for use in Scribus or Inkscape or what have you. What's the best document format to export it as so I don't get conversion errors when I open it on my Linux partition?

Anyone? I'm already reimaging for the third time today (the last time), and I just want some peace of mind that performance won't be noticeably impacted by this. At the very least, I don't want it to get to the point where it's less performant than the previous SSD that came with my device.

Is there a DE that's just ncurses and doesn't use X?

How long is it ok to keep a block of cheese out of the fridge? Like can I take it out in the morning, munch on it throughout the day, and then stick it back in the fridge at night? Or is that pushing my luck somewhat?

What is the best way to start using vim? I've moved to a tiling wm and it seems that it works best with a console based text editor, so I want to give vim a go

vim-tutor

I'm trying to install qutebrowser on my pi. When I try to install the qutebrowser deb files it gives me an error that I have held broken package. How can I fix this?

Attached: clampbird.jpg (720x710, 26K)

Why aren't you installing qutebrowser from the repository?

two in the back and 12 in the ashtray

Say I wanted to have some sort of automation set up to regularly check whether or not something in the UI of a website is available, or some other small tasks that I'd like accomplished with automation. What tools do I have at my disposal for this?

Is Selenium excessive? Asking because I went through a tech bootcamp of Java/C#-based Selenium for testing purposes, and that's basically the extent of my knowledge of automation. I only know of Selenium as a testing tool, and my use-case (writing scripts to automate dumb shit) is pretty trivial in comparison.

I can do that with stretch now?

Oh, looks like you can't. Did you install pypeg2 as well?
qutebrowser.org/doc/install.html#_debian_stretch_ubuntu_17_04_and_17_10

I did, it installed just fine

is it a dynamic page?
if not you could just grab the page source everytime and check there.

if it is look at puppeteer.

And your chosen backend? Post a pastebin.

set it to the average size of the files it will contain
bigger clusters = less metadata, but less efficient storage of small files
a cluster is the smallest unit of allocation, for example, if you set it to 64k, and you store 100 10k files, they will occupy 6400k, since each are stored in 1 64k cluster
but if you store a 1M file, it will span fewer clusters compared to the default 4k cluster size, so there's less metadata to read and store, which is more efficient

I've tried using both backends and I get similar errors

pastebin.com/F1RqLZMA

Long story short, the people I live with dont want to pay for internet anymore, but I still want internet access for my PC. I really dont want to be the only one paying for an internet bill since I dont make a lot as a college student.
Does a service exist that would allow me to connect my PC to the internet without having to buy a whole wifi system?

So is hdd defragmentation a meme or not and when should you do it? Does it really give a performance boost and hdd longevity? Right now defraggler is showing that my two hdds are 52% and 86% fragmented and will take a full day at least to go through both. I take it i should do it at these high levels?

>qutebrowser-qtwebkit : Depends: libqt5webkit5 (>= 5.212) but 5.7.1+dfsg-1+rpi1 is to be installed
Looks like that version of libqt5webkit5 isn't being recognized as meeting the requirement, even though it should. Try installing it manually # apt install libqt5webkit5 and then doing # dpkg -i qutebrowser*deb and see what happens.

>So is hdd defragmentation a meme or not
it's not
>when should you do it?
when your fs is significant fragmented
>Does it really give a performance boost
yes
>and hdd longevity?
i'm not sure there's much of a correlation between head movement and longetivity
>Right now defraggler is showing that my two hdds are 52% and 86% fragmented and will take a full day at least to go through both. I take it i should do it at these high levels?
yes, though i recommend MyDefrag over defraggler

Is there any kind of easy way to clone a website?

There's a website with a client-side JavaScript application that loads to a browser, has folders and files for 3D models and stuff that I KNOW has to be downloaded and stored in the browser somewhere while you're using it. I wanna copy all that and try to run an offline version of it from my desktop, anyway to do this?

httrack

Thank you for the answer. Gonna get it and do it now i guess.

I tried that but didn't have any luck with it, works with other webpages like a news article site or something but not with what I tried. I'm trying to see if I can rip heroforge.com's Java app and insert a downloader to get the models to use in TTS

np, use the system/data disk monthly preset for the initial run
it will take some time, subsequent runs are faster

The 4960K is basically the same as the 6600K.
They both turbo up to 3.9GHz, and there's only a 5-7% increase in IPC betweek generation.
6600K is minimum recommended intel spec, so the 4690K should work fine, especially with a slight OC to 4GHz.

>without having to buy a whole wifi system
I don't.. what?

I know it's a bit wsr-ish question, but does anyone have the pic related "Caesar" with sunglasses? I saw it once but forgot to save.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (931x524, 43K)

What kind of router should I get to extend my modem's wifi range? I have at least 40-60 dollars of budget. My house is full of thick walls

Anything that supports bridge mode, and run an ethernet cable to it.

A repeater.
Overkill.

>A repeater.
ewwwwww

Not an argument.

Attached: 31.jpg (900x900, 81K)

Can you extend a modem's wifi range even without using an ethernet cable? I don't really plan on drilling holes on the walls

Getting back into PC gaming.. what is the best OS for this? Win7, Linux, Win10, others?

Been on a laptop doing most work from there forever, but now have free time.

Your question already answered, but feel free to use a wireless cable. :^)

anybody know a working service for fake numbers in order to receive sms verifications for google?

I don't really want to make an entire thread for this so I'll ask here.

What are some good alternatives to plex for anime? I tried it and it's shit, it doesn't recognise names and has no function to just show me the files I have on the hard drive. I just want to be able to point to a folder on my computer and play it on my tv. If plex didn't have to process everything then it would work far better.

>don't really plan on drilling holes on the walls
Why do you think you need too?
Get some painters tape and tape the cable on the ceiling/wall corners
Or get a snake and go through the outlets.

Just a question fellow anons:

If you connect to an internet forum via 4G from your phone for example (say you already have an account there etc..), can they even ban you effectively? I mean, you not connecting through your personal IP.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x186, 123K)

They can ban the IP you connected from. If you change it then yes you will be "unbanned" but they can just ban you again. They can also ban entire IP ranges if they want to. They will probably just ban the account though instead of the IP.

So they can even trace me even through 4G provided by some phone company?
Damn.

how to kill Firefox telemetry?

sudo apt-get remove firefox

I didn't ask how to kill ff itself

Whenever you connect to the internet you are given an IP. This is exactly the same whether it's your phone or router. These IP addresses won't be the same however so if you are banned on your phone's IP your computers IP will still be fine. You could probably turn your phones mobile data off and on and you might be given a new IP,

Is there an online tool to compress & convert pdf tool tiff format

Need to compress a 4 mb pdf file to less than 2 mb

Try WPS Office / Kingsoft Spreadsheets

You might have to skip ads before using it

Thank you very much.

Try 'absolute series scanner' and anidb plugin for plex to detect your videos and getting metadata. Works good enough for most.

I've got the ASS already, I'll try the anidb plugin and see if it helps. How the fuck do I get plex to redo it's ignore files when I update them?

Click 'scan library files' or just delete your library and create new one.

I keep scanning but it doesn't seem to do anything. Deleting everything takes too long.

>Will all these large writes in a short amount of time affect performance of the SSD at all?
No, unless you have one of the brand new intel SSDs that use their new quad tech wizardry. They only slow down after writing 80 GB or so, and writes after that are slow until the controller can clear the cache, then the speed is just as fast as if it were new.

>4 threads can only get you so far in 2018
What needs more than 4 threads?
Even so, most 4 core processors have 8 threads, and I've not seen anything use all 8.

Either repurpose them, or just sit on them. Unless they are broken, then into the trash it goes. I use old smartphones as torrent clients, for example.