So, which one is better?

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/09/08/microsoft-windows-7-monthly-charge-windows-10-free-upgrade-cost/#2b432bda2db1

So, which one is better?
>Upgrade to Windows 10
>Pay monthly to remain on Windows 7

Attached: eef27b86e992ed5e35d7fa81acea1ec6.jpg (1350x525, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2018/09/06/helping-customers-shift-to-a-modern-desktop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows 7 forever

I want to lick her feet.

Big fat anime tiddies.

tl;dr.

Are you just paying for the support or what?

Athletic shorts usually properly cover the mons

>>Pay monthly to remain on Windows 7

LOL WUT? dont yu have a pirated copy or what? i dont think you belong here.

how do i get my gf to pop her pussy like this so i can fuck it from a different angle?

It's paying monthly to receive security updates after the 2020 end of support date. And it gets costlier every year.

Ask her?

install gentoo

>Athletic shorts usually properly cover the mons
>usually
Not in this case, user.

Hence my comment. It's fairly out of the ordinary.

What are the chances of this being like the pos ready thing?

>Paying to use a computer you already bought and an operating system you already bought a little longer.
Sigh. Jow Forums sucks fucking dick

How are people this stupid even able to post?

>security updates

why do I need them

use pirated Windows 7 forever for free

has nothing to do with anything

Jesus, at this rate install Gentoo unironically.

imagine having titties like this

start by getting a gf

10 is better anyway why would you be stupid enough to still be using 7?

I got win7 in 2009 and turned off updates immediately and never updated, save for a few manual security patches here and there. I'm glad I didn't because I was never pestered to upgrade to win10. If I update now, will it not pester me?

pirate windows 7

Attached: AridBarrenBuffalo-small.gif (334x251, 1.22M)

Just disable the ones that forced you to upgrade.

thanks daz loader

Is Windows 10 such a failure that M$ is considering going back to Windows 7?

Attached: 979819495796653992.jpg (554x724, 475K)

You don't; if you prefer Common Sense(TM) you can go without them and no need to pay. But some people will gladly pay extra if that means they think they're shielded from the latest malware without having to upgrade their entire OS.

we're already fucked on a hardware level, future comparability past like, what, skylake? is win 10 only. I know you can get it "running" if you really want but that's fuckery and not reliable.

No, it recognizes there's many people still using 7 and are trying to take money out of their pockets since they are not paying for 10.

Same

Suck on those toes

Attached: zonesama-profile_image-153bc397f8a53924-300x300.png (300x300, 40K)

You don't, but if you're a corporation, it could be a tool to sue Microsoft if something happened with the security. If you aren't buying the support, Microsoft would just say "that's because you're not using supported OS and not extending the support on the old OS and such shit" if something happened with your computer.

>footfags

Attached: 1493943196782.jpg (460x276, 15K)

Is there a Daz Loader equivalent for 10?

stick to 7 and don't pay them anything

They'd do a real number on her back though.

You have to use a KMS tool.

Install DragonflyBSD.

Attached: DragonFlyBSD.png (994x768, 52K)

Windows 10 for gaymin + editing

Linux for browsing + music + movies

What's gonna stop people from uploading those future security updates?

Nothing? What's gonna stop people from just not installing them?

>Forbes
Opinion discarded

>you can get extended support beyond the long-announced EOL for a monthly charge

How is this anything but good news?

They patched even WinXP for heartbleed

It's mostly for business/enterprise. Windows exploits are exploited by hackers that target businesses.

You as a nobody don't really have to worry about it. Serious hackers don't waste time on nobodies.

You know, as much as I hate modern MS, I also hate how this is being reported on. Windows 7 is still hitting EoL for consumers in 2020 like you knew it was going to when you bought it in 2009. The difference here is that they're giving consumers the option to pay for extended support, which is normally something only offered to institutional customers. So if you really want to keep using W7 past the original EoL you actually have an option beyond 'hope there aren't any massive undisclosed day 0 exploits'. It's not a great practice but it's not as scummy as 'paid OS is becoming subscription OS'. You're still getting the support that comes with a paid up copy of W7, that hasn't been changed or compromised.

Why are you posting my pics without my permission?

So basically, Microsoft is aware that people/businesses will pay to not use Windows 8.1/10?
I currently only use Windows 7 on my desktop and Linux Mint on my laptop, been slowly making the migration to Linux by trying to ween myself from Windows/Mac exclusive apps and moving towards freer alternatives. So far Pale Moon, LibreOffice, GIMP, Krita, Audacity, and Notepadqq. What are some good apps for IRC, video editing and conversion, Image/CBR viewer, etc.

>So basically, Microsoft is aware that people/businesses will pay to not use Windows 8.1/10?
They've done the same for prior versions of Windows too. The RN's brand new aircraft carrier, the Queen Elizabeth, has been photographed with Windows XP running on its bridge. Do you think they're running the same version that stopped being patched in 2014? The difference here is that MS is making extended support updates more widely available rather than exclusive to big customers that can negotiate big contracts and pay big money.

i'm running 7 on a kaby lake cpu with no issues except that i don't get security updates past a certain point

i disabled windows update after installing sp1 just like i did on my older rig though so i don't really give a shit

> Pay a monthly fee annually
> Grab all the updates
Maybe it'll do.

u can use linux for gaymin and editing :))))
openshot + wine/steam B)

Imagine being as much of a cucked luddite to actually pay a monthly fee to have the inferior product

>IRC
Irssi or Weechat for terminal mode, Hexchat for GUI.
>video editing
KDEnlive, OpenShot
>media conversion
ffmpeg
>CBR viewer
Not many things support CBR due to the nonfree nature of the RAR algorithm. You'll have better luck converting to CBZ.

Microsoft does this for companies that do not wish to upgrade immediately or can't upgrade immediately. They did it with XP too.

Stop being contrarians, you niggers. There's no reason to keep using winshit 7 besides "I am so unique I am using windows 7 xxddDd I hate windows 10 because Someone said it's bad."
>muh botnet
Come on faggot, you're already using a botnet.

Attached: 1535274758234.jpg (703x703, 94K)

bet ur a scatbitch

>open link
>scrolling video ads
>close link

I hated 10 at first but I prefer it much more than 7 now.

>too computer illiterate to block ads
why are you posting in a thread about operating systems when you've obviously never installed one?

This is starting to sound like XP all over again, a good chunk of people will refuse to upgrade.

Wont be long until LTSB 2016 will be the same case ;)

Are the walls closing in bros? How to keep it useable well into the mid-20's and beyond?

Security should be easy to fix with third party solutions and some old-fashioned common sense, but what about device drivers and general compatibility down the road?

Would be cool if there was a way of forking a type of Win 7 LTSB which cannot be targeted by conventional vulnerabilities

LTSB doesn't exist to normies.

My R5 1600 doesn't have this problem thanks to wufuc

But not for spectre and meltdown

I just installed that yesterday, good stuff

Can't wait for Windows 7 update files to show up on torrent sites and DDL sites. It's gonna be a brave new world. If they were smart (read: evil), they would've just cut the cord and told everyone running 7 to go fuck themselves. There's no way in hell the files for these updates aren't going to leak like a sieve, and Microsoft's going to be kicking their own asses that they didn't force everyone onto Pajeet 10 sooner.

Jokes on them, though, I run Slackware. Shoutouts to Valve for integrating not!WINE so tightly into Steam.

Attached: 1534178886462.jpg (340x371, 101K)

If you paid for either version of Windows you shouldn't be on Jow Forums.

jej

god I wish that was me

This is nothing new. You can still get XP security updates with a registry change to make it think it's the point of sale machine SKU.

What's stopping you?

The three-dimensionality of nature.

Imagine fucking that

Imagine smelling that

windows 7 without paying monthly

reality

Stay on W7 and pay nothing.

Imagine nakadashi'ing that

Imagine pretending to be into tech but you sit on an old exploit ridden OS from a decade ago because you're too dumb to block telemetry on new ones and you think the government is watching your anime.

Simply epic.

That'll work when people stop making drivers for it, it doesn't receive security updates unless you pay, and hardware flaw attacks kick up.

It's good to be GNU.
All my program already work on RISC-V.

Conceptually, sure, but that's just tricking XP's Windows Update into installing updates it normally wouldn't. This is going to be distributing the files that Windows Update fetches and installing them manually, just to go over Microsoft's head and continuing to allowing Win7 to shamble on well past its intended EOL. And I get the feeling that its beloved enough to get the Win2000 and get fan patches after that, but only time will tell on that front.

Attached: 1520383939179.jpg (500x505, 45K)

Imagine fucking smelling that.

The suffering never ends

>feminine penis

this is why Linux will be the new norm

The most ironic thing is that nobody here read the source of the article, the payment is for the ENTERPRISE EDITION, Home users are and will stay free of charge.

> microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2018/09/06/helping-customers-shift-to-a-modern-desktop/

> Windows 7 ESUs will be available to all Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise customers in Volume Licensing, [...]

This is for ENTERPRISE DEPLOYS with VOLUME LICENSING you retards. Not home users. Plus, this is only for UPDATES, not the OS itself. But hey, this is Jow Forums, so it's not like anyone here can read or check their sources in the first place, just believe any clickbait headline you see.

no just fat pussy lips

They're called vulvas, user.

vagina bones

L O N D O N

>Use Linux
>Gaming is a shitshow full of errors, not a single non-Valve made title is error free with Proton
>Editing with trash freetard software

Or just use windows and do it all perfectly.

spooky

Attached: shoebill.jpg (800x800, 94K)

or just quit windows you retarded monkey

Could this by any chance be a turn to BSDs and/or low stable linux distros?
I mean you won't have to pay much per month or upgrade your hardware to cope with the shitfest that windows 10 is, retraining your employees to click the same 4-5 links on chrome or whatever and opening libreoffice instead of word should cost less (and should be WAY easier for any sysadmin to deal with)

Yer trans, Harry.

1) This only applies to volume licensing
2) This applies to extended support (2020-2023), regular security updates will still happen until 2020 as planned for all users
3) You can still use Windows 7 after 2020 without paying, you just won't get security updates

Can't say I'm surprised m$ is already extending support for win7 considering how ubiquitous it still in the business world, nor am I surprised businesses are willing to pay for it given the state of win10.

>release shit update to your OS
>get rewarded by businesses who pay you money so they don't have to use it
>they are far too cucked by lock-in and poor planning to have any alternative ever

Well played MS, it's beautiful to watch desu. The only company which can compete in terms of bending megacorporations over is Oracle