Ryzen 7 2700x

Is this overhyped by overzealous ni/g/gers or is it really that good? I have an i7-6700 and am debating whether it's worth it to upgrade to it.

Attached: ryzen 7.jpg (300x360, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/3515vs3958
cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html#xy_scatter_graph
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

actually good

I don't know, you tell me. All I did was enable PBO and put a -50mv undervolt on it.

Attached: 020b9ac65c61c681898d953ad64e19c6.png (458x829, 51K)

Higher score than a threadripper? Is this a shop of some kind?

only people who dont like their ryzen are trolls/shills impersonating them who are seething incel shills in reality

Dude...if you have any CPU made within the last 3 or so years why the fuck would you bother upgrading at all?

The answer is no you won't notice much worthwhile difference. Dumbass.

The x1900 threadripper isn't exactly great lol.

The 1900X is only an 8c16t chip on the X399 platform. Essentially a lower clocked 1700X.

I was thinking similarly to this, I am going to start editing 4k video and from what I have seen (I use Resolve without much in the way of graphical edits) it's mainly bound to the CPU.

Perhaps I could wait another 1-2 years and see what comes out to supplant the 2700x.

7nm ryzen should be bretty gud.

I disagree, CPUs have taken gigantic leaps since ryzen came about. You can pick up a used 8 core 1700 for $150 or less right now. Try imagining getting 8 cores 3 years ago for less than $1000.

Imagine adding 4 more hyperthreaded cores to your 6700k. That's it.

> worth it to upgrade to it.
That depends on what you will be doing with it. Gaymes? Probably not.

Basically you're right on the money. I wouldn't worry too much about 4k either as it doesn't have as quite enough market saturation to make it worthwhile.

But in 1-2 years when that upgrade will be truly worthwhile it will. For now best wait your CPU is still completely fine.

On the other hand I paid a pretty penny for my i7 6700 system about 2.5 years ago... part of me is saying, keep using it until it croaks to get the value out of it.

Probably put about $1500 into assembling it
>i7-6700
>1070ti
>24GB DDR4
>SSD + HDD

I guess I could keep the other components but I've heard that Ryzen thrives on really fast RAM

>Editing 4k video
>Mostly CPU bound
Then you'd be better off with a 2700X. It's literally twice the cores and threads of your i7-6700. 12nm based Ryzen has the single core IPC of Devil's Canyon Intel chips easily.
>4 more hyper threaded cores
So you mean 8 threads? If OP is editing or doing any sort of production work, 16 threads is far superior to 8.

OP I owned a 5.0GHz clocked i7-6700k when Skylake first launched. I then tried out a test build with my now current 1700X and my rendering times/encoding times have been cut in half. All while creating less heat and more importantly less noise from the cooler.

You could always get the FX 8/9 series for less than $1000

that 6700 isn't a problem.

I mean in general, anyone looking for a CPU upgrade is going to get a boatload of performance for their dollar today compared to just a few years ago. If you aren't looking to upgrade then don't bother. For games you're perfectly fine.

My 8 core FX two years ago cost me 80 bucks at a microcenter.

It's good.

Attached: Untitled.png (546x172, 8K)

And they were more or less a joke.

>I then tried out a test build with my now current 1700X and my rendering times/encoding times have been cut in half.

Nice. That's what I had heard from others as well.

I am leaning towards your advice, helped quite a bit by the fact that I could save the cash and use it to get the Ryzen king that shows up in a year or two, which is bound to be better.

>Really fast ram.
Yes and no. Does 3200MHz ram really hinder Ryzen? Not at all. Only as much as 5% in very specific applications and games. I personally own 32GB (4x8GB) of ddr4-2400MHz CL14 and I see no major loss in performance. Even swiped my friends 16GB 3200MHz kit to test.
>Tfw used to own an FX-9370 clocked to 5.5GHz
RIP. You served me well as a heater and encoding machine.

Attached: 1447902764924.jpg (508x280, 54K)

See for yourself.
This is at stock settings.

Attached: Untitled.png (403x405, 17K)

>muh ebin cornz
>muh rendering

Attached: b_venti.jpg (900x900, 41K)

Bruh, look at this dood

Attached: 14962322898927.png (682x792, 339K)

i hate how speccy can't correctly show the temps for ryzen cpus scared the shit outta me the first time i tried using it.

It's competing against stock 1900X

Depends on your workload. Lots of single threaded stuff? Just stick with what you have. Otherwise, the upgrade might be worth it.

there you go fren
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/3515vs3958

Speccy is just garbage, I don't even know why I still use it, it doesnt even show all of the memory on my GTX 1080.

Temps are great on wraith prism cooler, looks good too.

Attached: Untitled.png (1315x773, 219K)

another thing I've been thinking about is that the new Ryzen chips seems to only work on AM4 boards after the boards have had a BIOS update... and you need an AMD chip to affect the BIOS update. Don't have an AMD chip for that...

Aye yo Jow Forums come along an-a tell me what do ya see?
Why not have a sit n listen to me?
Where were you when THREADRIPPER came to town?
Where were you when blue team shills all laid down?
Oh my life changed that day, oh it did in a wonderful way!
My downloads were pure, my code was clean
And pumping the wife felt plenty more keen!
The shills, no longer dumbfounded, quicky awoke!
With a skip and a pop I ended my stroke!
Heavens o Heavens my Dear the jewery is near!
Come now Love Team Red never does fear.
I rushed and waddled to Jow Forums and what did I see?
One hundred an forty watts a total T-D-P!
I chuckled aloud and said quite proud,
Back to Isreal you jew for you know what's new?
THREADRIPPER is here and your lead you now blew!

Attached: america.gif (372x209, 1.93M)

I know for Asus, they put stickers on their 300 series boards that indicate that they have a bios capable of running the second gen chips, I've seen other vendors do it too.

Asus boards are kind of shit though, there isn't really a "Best" board maker for ryzen, but if there is it isn't Asus, not unless you get the 300 dollar x470 ROG shitfest, imo the Gigabyte Aorus 7 is better and cheaper, it has better heat sinks on the VRMs for overclocking, I normally don't even like Gigabyte's stuff but it runs the ram at 3200.

Intlel corelets begone

Attached: Untitled.png (403x402, 15K)

damn son, what the hell you need that 32 COAR processor foar?

24 cores is a little much don't you think?
Surely you would feel more comfortable with 16 cores, let me got and get you that 8 core CPU you really need, sit tight and get read for that quad-core goodness!

Attached: 1429468569898s.jpg (250x250, 15K)

All kidding aside, what do you use it for? Just curious.

It's not mine, but if i had that CPU it would be in a hypervisor with about a TB of ECC ram.

yup wraith prism is awesome especially with a tempered glass case.

>tempered glass
No thanks, I don't want to pick up glass off carpet.

cooling solution?

Amazing if you want an upgrade now. I'd wait for H1 2019 for Zen2 desu.

So you would basically use only to put RAM into it?

its just the front window

wraith prism.

4690k owner here, all the intel bugs and the nerf patches mean I'm 99% going AMD next time. Not sure if I'm going with the 2700x or waiting for Zen 2 though.

I would have to an hiro if I bought a 9900k and it was gimped back to Haswell or worse when Mega Meltdown 3.0 is revealed. 9700k is just cucking yourself, no hyperthreading on an i7? Fuck you intel.

if you like it then that's your thing, but I have never seen a case that has features that warrants a pricetag over 50 bucks, there's nothing wrong with painted aluminum and plastic, the thing just has to sit there and do nothing, that's it's only job.

As long as you got good drive access and room for cables then what else do you really need?

Je suis d'accord, a case is really only worth about $20-25 in my opinion. That's what I paid for mine and it's holding up well.

Just converted my whole house to AMD basically, got a 1700, 1800x and a 2700x.

Not going back, these will last me a decade and Intel has become abhorrent both in their product line and their ethics.

I think the next 5 years or so are going to have the ball in AMD's court almost exclusively.

intel is the apple of CPUs. AMD is better in every way, at least now, except for gayming.

i got rgb ram how triggered are you now ?

>except for gayming
Err....they are basically the same in that area now, at resolutions over 1080p the game looks worse for Intel.

144hz here, intel edges them out slightly but I wouldn't buy blue just for 10-30 more frames. 1440 144 is my next target, on 1080 now.

Not very, I have team dark pro but it wasnt because it doesnt have LEDs, it was just the best and cheapest B-Die I could get, has great timings @ 14-14-14-31 compared to the Gskill FlareX which is 14-14-14-34.

My mobo has LED's all over it and so does my GPU and CPU cooler, I just set them all to static red and forgot about them, red shows nicely but doesn't blast you in the face, it's a nice color late at night.

Now the rainbow flashing shit, yea nah I'm good.
Gotta be pragmatic man.

I'll be upgrading to it

>
yeah red is nice

It is really that good, but if you have something as new as a 6700 you might as well wait for 3rd generation Ryzen. 7nm is going to be a big deal.

I got a tempered glass case but equip no LED. How triggered are you now?

You can't do that, my dad says that's not legal.

Stop lying Tyler.

Attached: 1513839497000.jpg (900x900, 119K)

yes but if all your doing is playing games then not as good

Really good. Fast and low power consumption, especially when undervolted (most Ryzen do about -100mV)

Zen 2

What do you need it for? Let me guess >gayming

my asus x470 prime board runs my ram at 3200 just fine, no fiddling around it just werked after setting xmp or whatever its fucking called on amd.

>I am going to start editing 4k video
I'd say stick with a new gen intel for this purpose. Even if the new AMD cpus seem like a good deal the Intel cpus have less issues when actually working inside video editing software.
So my 2 cents, and vote goes to intel for your scenario unless you don't care to ever use certain effects, or temporial noise reduction with resolve.

/thread

>AMD is better in every way, at least now, except for gayming.
And video editing, but no one ever talks about anything that makes amd look bad.

BASED

nothing of value

It's the Intel products that have 0 value. This is a fact - cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html#xy_scatter_graph

Its worth it for not having to deal with Intel's bullshit.
Intel are the same monumental sacks of shit that wanted to ban people from publishing benchmarks of their own computers before realising a security update.
Fuck Intel, greedy fucks who don't deserve your money

Its not worth the money upgrading from a 6th gen I7 to a Ryzen.

its worth it for people that are on the 2nd or 3rd gen , or who have a quad core CPU.

>It's the Intel products that have 0 value
These auto posted comments add nothing of value. Stop defending shills faggot.
But intel cpus still work pretty good with video editing software, so If I'm buying a video editing rig I'd probably go for an intel build. If I was building something else then maybe an AMD build would probably be best.

Truth hurts, shill.

wait for zen2
wait for navi

(tm)

>I have an i7-6700 and am debating whether it's worth it to upgrade to it.
probably not since you're "debating it". the i7-6700 isn't exactly a slow CPU and it seems good enough since you're not sure.

if there really is a lot of things you do which take longer than it should because you're waiting for your computer then by all means, go upgrade, there's no question about it being a good idea if that's the case. That's the way I see it, anyway, if you constantly have to wait for your computer then it's too slow. ...but if that's not the case then don't upgrade, just use your i7-6700 until you actually need a better CPU. If that's two years from now then the 2700X will probably be cheaper and there will probably be some other CPU that's better than it available for less money.

Also.. look at RAM prices. DDR4 is crazy expensive. The cost of CPU/motherboard isn't all that if you need something like 16 or 32 GB RAM. And DDR5 isn't far away. The cost of the CPU won't be that much compared to motherboard+RAM.

>I wouldn't worry too much about 4k either as it doesn't have as quite enough market saturation to make it worthwhile
I absolutely love when things are 4k, specially kpop musicvideos. some groups like dreamcatcher release videos in 4k30fps and even some in 4k60fps. but there's still problems that will make some put it off for a while.

one example: I have to youtube-dl anything 4k and watch it after it's downloaded from youtube, it will stop and buffer all the time when streaming. it's not my internet connection, it's got more than enough bandwidth for 4k (and it's not anywhere near saturated when streaming 4k), it's youtube. streaming anything above 1440p is problematic.

Uhh what? From what I've seen, unless you wanna go for like, used xeon territory, doesn't AMD win? not counting like, the TR 2990wx, because that seems to have some issues, I can't quite tell what its marketed for.

DELID DIS
*PFFSSSSSCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHTTT*

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Intel shills are genuingely mentally diseased, it's obvious why they're defending that diseased architecture.

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2950X-2990WX-Performance-in-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-Software-HEVC-Encode-680x451.p (680x451, 117K)

delid dis, please

Moore Law is dead so your current CPU is still too new to warrent an upgrade. The 2700x is great but not worth it for you. Honestly just hold out for the first ryzen to use AMD’s next socket

I can understand that there are programs that basically don't do anything with all the extra cores, i assumed the 2990wx would be a bit down on that list, not because it doesn't have the horse power, but because of the odd memory bandwidth thing its got going on.

But the list looks like I would assume, with the 2950x next to intels 18c/36t that costs, isn't it almost 2 grand?

AMD products are cheap and low quality, with performance to match. Wait and buy an eight-core Intel chip and a Z390 board next month. You'll regret wasting money on Poozen.

I'm looking at a 2700x as well but I'm on a i5-4690. Will I notice a difference?

Intel's architecture is getting closer to core2duo performance because of patches. Ryzen is pretty much infinitely better at this point.

Attached: 1534737506611.png (915x678, 188K)

You aint gotting much better from where you are, just moar coars and good cache latency.

but if you actually look at the numbers there isnt much difference

Depends on what you want do with it. If you are just gaymen wait for Zen 2. It will clock a lot higher and your 6700 isn't bad enough that you need to upgrade RIGHT NOW. For any sort of productivity it absolutely destroys anything Intel has in the mainstream.

Attached: 1334628464173.jpg (350x277, 17K)

The 1900x is basically slightly higher clocked 1800x on TR4 platform. The only reason to get it is if you need lots of IO or RAM.

It's good. I moved from a 6700k to a 2700X.

Just letting it do it's thing with AMD's OC tech basically means that in single thread it meets the 6700k clock for clock, but doesn't OC well.

Multithread is absolutely blows my old 6700k out of the water, though. If you need the multithread stuff now, I'd say jump in, as you won't lose anything. If you need a bump in single thread performance, you will want to wait for 7nm stuff.

if you have a 6700 sit the fuck down and wait three more years

Are you gay ?

I don't know if cpu-z is broken or they forgot to (((patch))) it

Attached: untitled-3.png (682x798, 38K)

Lads I'm using a BIOS/UEFI voltage offset of around 0.08125v. If HW Info or CPUZ are saying the voltage is about ~1.4v, RyzenMaster is reporting its about ~1.5. Is this normal?

absolutely just unfuck your processor

i got a TR 1900x a few months ago just because it was bigger, but now i realize that i would be better off now with just waiting like a month and getting a 2700x.
at least in a few years i could probably buy a used 32 core threadripper for cheap and just put it in my motherboard though.

Get the 2950X

>am debating whether it's worth it to upgrade to it.
with a 6700 you shouldn't update to any consumer chip that is released
t. 6700k owner

>Truth hurts, shill.
The truth is that AMD CPU still needs updates, and ARE still experiencing issues with a lot of software. What's the point of spending less on a cpu if that cpu crashes while you're trying to use it like current AMD CPUS do with Adobe, Davinci, Vegas, or any other software.
Before you say
>but muh intel paid them off
like a retard you should understand that these are AMD's responsibility to fix, and it's not anybody else's responsibility to fix a product that only AMD profits of off.