So what exactly is going wrong here?

So what exactly is going wrong here?

Attached: linussamsung.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Sounds to me like something is holding a CPU wake lock.
It can be really hard to find out what's doing it without root because it can be system applications that don't show up in the usual battery usage list.
Considering he mentions that it lasts as long in active use as the other peoples' devices, it really sounds like a CPU wake lock that's not allowing the CPU to go into sleep modes to save power, and that's also why it's really warm.
I have a feeling that even though they set up the new devices with the same accounts and shit, they didn't use Linus' accounts that he uses on his daily driver, so it could be something to do with his particular accounts, like huge amounts of sync data checks.

I wonder why he didn't swap his daily driver for the seemingly better test phone for a while and see if the same issue crops up

It's probably his shit carrier constantly polling his phone to send his sweet data to daddy government

Well he mentioned at the end he has set up the Note 9 the same as his S9+ but with no SIM and it gets the same shit.

what even is the Canadian phone network situation like?

Cancer just like the us carriers

He said he signed into the same accounts as his daily driver.

maybe its just a dud battery? Jesus fuck stop making a federal case out of everything its just a fucking phone he has 20 of them lying around.

Attached: 1443849063244.png (700x729, 951K)

Linus

I imagine it's some app that is causing it.
If he were smart about it he would've just installed one app at a time and tested it in-between every app install. When your battery starts dying you've found the problem.
A few years ago the facebook & messenger apps had massive issues with draining your battery and they killed my phone in hours. I uninstalled them and my battery life went back to normal. I'm guessing it's the same for Linus, or some weird setting somewhere that keeps the phone awake or whatever like people in the thread have been saying.

Attached: DpQ9YJl.jpg (700x700, 45K)

I had a similar problem with my Nexus 5. I was getting to work with 60% battery after a 45 minute drive.
There's an option to get an alert when background tasks hang. After turning that on, outlook was hanging all the time.
After removing outlook, my battery life easily quadrupled

>get titanium backup
>remove all the bloatware
>test again
Is it really that hard?

he did say no root

Maybe it's too busy downsizing his worthless 8k videos

I have a samsung galaxy eclipse that gets shit battery life, even after a factory reset and nothing else installed. I barely use my phone at all, it's in sleep mode 99% of the time, and it only lasts a couple days.

But I get shit battery life with most of my devices.

Wasn't Trump supposed to get rid of nanny government? What happened to MAGA?

he hasn't annexed canada yet but Im sure he'll get to it soon enough

Samsung having sexual congress with him.

I'm sorry to tell you this user, but you fell for a meme.

i'd wager software. reset his phone and if it gets better battery life then he's "using it wrong" or rather some application he has installed is abusing his battery.

c'mon dude we both know it's much worse than us carriers

wakelocks

>take a perfectly fine OS
>spend billions to make it worse
That's what happens.

You mean google play services? They are really bad indeed.

Doesn't happen to Pixel, which has Play Services.

Doesn't happen with his test phones too. Are you implying it's Samsung's fault? How deluded you have to be?

wakelocks from Samsung's unremovable carrier and manufacturer bloatware.

this is why you root phones.

>Pixel doesn't slow down with time
>Samsung does
I'm not implying, I'm outright saying it's Samsung's fault, and it has been documented since forever.

You are just retarded then, got it.

t. samsung damage control team

t. jewgle shill

Attached: linus-eff-you-640x363.png (640x359, 213K)

Just rooting/uninstalling bloat isn't enough, they fucked up the system itself. They even added the "we gave up fixing our crap" option.

Attached: samsung-galaxy-auto-restart.jpg (1024x576, 149K)

No one is falling for you Pixelshit scam, Google.

No need to buy Pixel, just install AOSP. I only mentioned Pixel because Linus did it in his video.

Trump is a Zionist controlled op that was used to hold back the outrage of the white working class and the other anti immigration groups within the US

This guy summed things up nicely. Also, you should all consider seppuku with you sister's hair curlers for everyone's sake.

nice one, shill.

>Linus is a shill
That was already known.