Another update broke the audio on this shit

Another update broke the audio on this shit.
I'm done with pulsecancer and I'm done with this browser.

What browser does Jow Forums recommend in this day and age?
Is Ungoogled-Chromium still a thing?

Attached: logo-quantum-high-res.cfd87a8f62ae.png (378x378, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/RnDfHEuJ
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/62.0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No problems here. Maybe use an OS you understand brainlet.

palemoon is nice but some gay websites like netflix refuse to work

just spoof your user agent in about:config

Has this update finally fixed whatever problem caused websites to randomly take an abnormally long time to load? I'd browse like normal for awhile then for out of nowhere for 2-5 minutes the browser just suddenly would take forever to load websites, kinda like if your internet disconnected but the difference was websites never timed out and I could still access the internet with IE so it wasn't an internet problem. I Googled this problem many times and only pulled up results from years ago. I think I found one thread that blamed it on something with the ublock's filters or something but that seemed ridiculous to me.

I don't think this has been a problem since I went from 61.0.x to 62 but I haven't been using it that long to be fair.

I use ungoogled chromium, it still accepts pull requests and is fairly up to date

>What browser does Jow Forums recommend in this day and age?

Opera is literally the best browser of this era, so much I will never stop recommending it (until it becomes shitty). I used to do the same thing for SJWfox back when it was new.

Attached: opera Tan.jpg (1024x768, 549K)

Can't say, never encountered this. I'm using Firefox stable.

So am I. I don't even use many addons. I'm literally running five at the moment. Only thing is I am prone to having as many as 500+ tabs open. No idea if this would cause slow load times on all websites, it never has in the past though my RAM consumption for firefox has been on the order 6-8GB because of this.

Attached: addons.png (635x349, 22K)

qutebrowser, otter browser, icecat are all good. You can probably compile ff and make it use alsa instead of pulse

>500+ tabs
if you're not looking at those tabs in one day consider bookmarks. That's insane. Maybe try raising the process limit. Idk

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-09_02-14-09.png (1796x912, 109K)

No good browser on systemd/linux. None have hardware acceleration on videos, causing heat and battery loss.

how did you get the tabs to be beside your address bar?

are there precompiled executables for it?

Good thing mpv+ytdl is superior anyways

css
pastebin.com/raw/RnDfHEuJ

sorry for brainlet questions here but I really like your setup
>how do you put that .css into firefox? userchrome.css is what I could find with google, is this it?
>is there a way to make youtube videos open in mpv when you click them in the browser
thanks

There's a DRM extension you have to get

Go to about:support and click "open directory". Then create a folder and name it "chrome". Inside that directory create "userChrome.css" and paste your css there.

There are some extensions to open mpv. "Open With" is one. I think you have to right click and then select "open with mpv" once you configure the path in settings. I just use the terminal so I don't know any better alternatives. I think I've seen people write scripts to make it more streamlined.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-09_02-45-21.png (894x672, 61K)

>works on my machine
The year of the Linux desktop will never come because of fags like you

very nice, thank you
only problem I'm having is it seems to clip the right edge of my address bar off, where yours looks like it retains its curve
any idea?

Attached: 1521966575401.png (1600x900, 147K)

Works fine here.

>reskin for chrome + chink backdoor
how about no.

ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

>le chink botnet meme
How about some proofs? OH WAIT.

>What browser does Jow Forums recommend in this day and age?
Waterfox.

Not sure. I'm not good with css but you can try messing around with some of the values.

>palemoon
Censored. Use Waterfox if you want a Firefox fork.

I also have as many as 500, but don't have the issue

>still using Opera
Anyone who cared about good Opera has switched to Vivaldi.

I tried Vivaldi and it fucking sucks harder than even vanilla Chrome, it's laggy as shit, rapes the CPU and RAM and has retarded bugs I don't get in any other browser. Which is a shame since I really liked the customization and tab preview features.

I tried messing with the css and it didn't fix it but for some reason when I changed my gtk font it did.
/shrug

Use Brave. The next version will have built-in support for Tor, IPFS, and Dat.

I used Brave for a while but I switched to Waterfox like many because of the lack of addons.

I wish they would fix that.

Why WaterFox over PaleMoon?

WaterFox is updated more often and unlike PaleMoon, doesn't censor addons they don't like.

Because PaleMoon's dev is a furry and refuses to work with other platform devs. I don't judge a one furry dev who doesn't work with other people.

Compile from source with alsa support only

It's a closed-source chink shit, that enough to not use it.

Try Otter, another "ol gut opera"

You must be too retarded to even properly keep a computer healthy, please gtfo
Otherwise just stop being a techlet and use pic related properly

Attached: Masterrace.jpg (1000x833, 68K)

my pal has had the same problem
after he switched to nightly and it was still there he nuked his profile (first time in years)

>pulseaudio
lmao, 52esr does not have this problem

before throwing shit fits confirm with the real ff
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/62.0/

>have Firefox open
>open ANY voip program, like mumble or (((discord)))
>audio just fucks up globally and any sound will crackle and buzz
>have to close firefox and sometimes disable+enable sound to fix this
>ok, maybe everything will work now
>fastforward an hour later
>pulseaudio spontaneously fucks up and sets the default output as input, making your microphone mute and causing any audio played to be transmitted instead
>have to reset software or mute/unmute yourself in audio settings and pull out then back in the 3.5mm microphone pin continuously until it's fixed by some magic

>switch to ALSA as input and output on mumble
>everything fucking works fine
Jesus fuck pulseaudio was a mistake and everyone working on it is incompetent. I'm pretty sure not only Firefox causes this issue, though. It's just pulseaudio being shit. Unfortunately newer Firefox versions highly depend on it, so you might as well switch to (((Brave))) once it hits version 1.0

use chromium
there is a quick guide on reddit how to unfuck chrome/chromium from latest design cancer

I see the brave shills are out today.
I'll continue using firefox. And its possible to still use alsa.

If Firefox 60 ESR still works with ALSA, Debian might have
turned off the compile option enabling ALSA.
(lost sound on Firefox since updated from 52 ESR)

Where the fuck is the actual Jow Forums browser? Where the hell has he gone?

Google makes and maintains the perfect browser, niggers must avoid it.

I did the logo already.

It's been EOL since days you dumb cuck

I use pale moon personally. It is to firefox as mate is to gnome; a continuation of old firefox.

It doesn't support certain sites though, and the people making it are pretty stubborn when it comes to adding support for new features

I've also used brave before, and it's probably the best blink based browser out there

The devs got a fuckton of backlash for censoring addons, so in order to keep people using the browser, they added the ability to disable the blocklist in the preferences menu