Fermi STRONK with 391.35 WHQL driver, OpenGL 4.6, WDDM 2...

youtube.com/watch?v=cHy09hwP8bM

Fermi STRONK with 391.35 WHQL driver, OpenGL 4.6, WDDM 2.3 support while HD5xxx/6xxx abandoned with with no drivers since 2015

anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/thread/221139
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3142
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4654/~/support-plan-for-fermi-series-geforce-gpus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good lil toaster

Reminder that the amd has no drivers isn't just a meme. Their current cards still have problems with dx9

what dx9 games are you playing user?

Attached: 1528834262460.jpg (960x540, 46K)

>tfw you made the wrong choice
never buying AMD GPUs again
i'm keeping my HD6970 tho

He doesn't have a source. Because he's full of shit

>mad poojet
community.amd.com/thread/221139

Yeah nah. I had no problems playing old games on RX470. People posting there are probably retarded.
Skyrim, GTA, SWKotoR, you name it, all run just fine.
Stop being retarded.
>inb4 hurr ayymd poojeet
Sold it together with old PC to miners when I upgraded to the 1080.

>problems with dx9 games
Rabid AMD Fanboi: you need to reroll the old driver to solve this problem
>b-but I want to play the new game as well.
Rabid AMD Fanboi: Well, you need to reroll the new driver as well. If you want to play the old games, you need to reroll the old driver too

Attached: MUH finewine technology.jpg (1015x1078, 217K)

SOMEBODY CALL 911

desperate 520mm2 gpu sold at $500
to compete with a 390mm2 gpu sold at $370.

Fermi is a piece of work at gayming performance. It was build for general compute from the start. That SKU will run into VRAM issues with modern stuff and still slower and more power hungry than a crippled 1060 3GiB.

It was hopelessly outclassed by Kepler and nearly every Nvidiot upgrade their Fermi housefires into Keplers and Maxwells.

>*new* driver support of old hardware doesn't matter

>WORKED ON MY MACHINE
brainless fucking amdfags

That's how the real works. Driver support dies as soon as the hardware is completely obsolete. Nvidia hasn't even work on the drivers for it since 2012. They just do a basic WHQL testing and slapped on the current binaries for it.

Fermi is pretty much obsolete at this point. Nvidia is just waiting until Windows 7 reaches EOL before officially axing support for it (Kepler will also get it)

I have done the same shit with Nvidia drivers on their obsolete hardware platform.

Fanboys are just retarded. It is normal for obsolete hardware platforms.

Oh, nice, so they bump the version number from time to time while not actually adding/fixing anything. Thank you based nvidia!

>poojet is this cucked by lack of drivers he assumes it's the norm

>too poor to afford latest generation
What? I thought AMDfags were the poorfags.

> spoiled kiddie would never dealt with the realities of obsolete platforms and thinks companies are obligated to provide support indefinitely

^^^^^^

This is what almost every hardware company does with hardware that is older then two generations

Planned obsolescence has been ingrained in computing ever since the 1970s.

Nobody minded through since the newer platform surpass the older stuff by a massive margin. However, those days are over since we had hit the practical limits of silicon-based digital computing.

>Rabid AMD Fanboi: you need to reroll the old driver to solve this problem
All you need is Wine you dipshit, even on Windows.

Rajesh, first fix the shitshow drivers for your """current platform"""" before talking about legacy support.

> Kiddie never used broken drivers before that killed hardware (*cough* Nvidia 364.xx *cough*)

Attached: _1889788_laugh300b.jpg (300x180, 15K)

In some driver update some DX9 games started running slow af, but after a few updates they fixed that, but they didn't promissed that every game will run good, they just fixed for older games that are actually played to these days.

Attached: fermi powerplant.jpg (3200x1680, 712K)

>HD5xxx/6xxx
Linux doesn't have this problem.
RadeonSI
:^)

Oh and Nvidia dropped support for fermi completely and nouveau is trash as long as nvidia holds it under water.

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3142

>The Linux 390.* legacy driver series is the last to support GF1xx ("Fermi") GPUs. Support for new Linux kernels and X servers, as well as fixes for critical bugs, will be included in 390.* legacy releases through the end of 2022.

STAY MAD, AYYMDPOORFAGS

You can actually get new features and actual development with FOSS drivers
The radeonsi drivers are going to add FP64 support to TeraScale cards
My 945G Intel chinkpad has been receiving support since 2005, and will continue to do so, delivering better performance than it did at launch or at the end of Windows drivers support
Looks like It will be impossible to use my 2012 chinkpad after 2022 for more than basic 2D, since Nvidia hates nouveau and FOSS in general
Meanwhile 2012 ATi/AMD cards are getting new features in 2018 through radeonsi, so they're going to work with new kernels and X.Org (along with Wayland since AMD actually supports GNU/Linux) past 2022

Not user, but off the top of my head, TF2 runs on DX9.

Nouveau is garbage and Nvidia is right not to support it

Nouveau is garbage because Nvidia is hostile against FOSS, to the point of making it impossible to initialize cards without their SIGNED firmware blobs

>tfw no more updates

Attached: file.png (498x195, 24K)

It's still supported until 2019 but I don't expect any drivers to be released

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4654/~/support-plan-for-fermi-series-geforce-gpus

>Critical security updates will be available on Fermi series GPUs through January 2019.

No one cares about nouveau garbage

Wasting resources trying to reinvent the wheel when Nvidia has superior drivers, nouveau developers are retarded instead of going to develop something else

Yeah, say that when Nvidia drops support for your card, if they don't straight up fry it
Meanwhile AMD cards and even Intel iGP's will continue getting updates and features way past after the vendor drops all support for it

Thanks for mentioning that.
I was wondering why TF2 keeps bonking my gfx card on the 18.x drivers.

I'm genuinely curious, is it feasible for AMD to port Linux OGL driver to Windows?

um... what are you trying to point out? fury is ballpark 980ti, the 580 which is weaker then a fury is below fury, everything is more or less falling into place.

then add to it much of the shit in far cry 5 leveraged new apis and the vega cpu feature set, so I expect none of the older non vega gpus to get boosted.

this isn't nvidia where they make tech, force the old cards to run it just so its more frustrating so you have to upgrade.

Just use openGL

Are you surprised? GCN is subpar trash for poor people who are deluded enough to believe they're "cheating the system"

Every GCN card is still supported. They moved Terascale to legacy on windows

>some minority of retards has issues
>haha ayyymd xdd nvidia da best razer intel corsair xddd
Fuck off you retarded brandcuck.
How am I an AMD fanboy when I have a 1080, makes no sense you brainless tool.

Normal 580s didn't come with 3gb vram and are a stuttering mess. The 570 is even worse and is the actual cost equivalent. So no. You are just retard for using a 8 year old graphics card that hasn't gotten a driver update in 3 years.