Jow Forums worships a schizophrenic basket weaver instead of this literal programming god

>Jow Forums worships a schizophrenic basket weaver instead of this literal programming god

why live

Attached: Oculus-CTO-John-Carmack-Oculus-Connect-2.png (1114x767, 746K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyUgHPs86XM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fabrice Bellard is the only programming God

>tcc
>ffmpeg
>qemu
WTF, I didn't even knew this was the same person.

integrity

gamedev and related issues are too hard for regular Jow Forumsturd because it requires too much math for their liking. they need somebody who says nigger once in a while to not lose their attention. nobody will watch carmack's 2 hour lectures about how light works.

Mind sharing a link? I would love to watch that.

here it is

youtube.com/watch?v=IyUgHPs86XM

Carmac is literal psychopath and sociopath.

>unironic winfag that likes VS
>left id to rot
He does not deserve praise, his glory days are over.

>nobody will watch Carmack's 2 hour lectures about how light works.
I do but the problem is he is doing this in a wrong industry. His knowledge is well fitted in some other mission critical industry compared to games. One of the reason Rage failed against Borderlands is Carmack and his team spent too much time doing megatexture and optimizing the game than making it an actual "Game", that whole thing was a pretty big setback for iD. But good call on OP tho, Carmack is worthy of the programming elder god tier ranks, Carmack been right so far about how the codes should work and emphasized much on optimization. We already have the raw power but the conversion method causes lots of drawback and slowdown.

nobody on Jow Forums is good at programming, they relate more to a crazy person than a sane accomplished one

>His knowledge is well fitted in some other mission critical industry compared to games
what mission critical industries are there that need real-time rendering exactly

Newsflash, majority of ""Leaders"" are usually psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists or some special personality disorder.

>I'm a gamer and carmack is the only famous programmer I know
>who fast inverse square root here XD guy is LITERALLY a genius xD
>gamers rise up the world has to know the name of the programming god john carmack

>real-time rendering exactly
I didn't specific mention "real time rendering", the thing about knowledge is that they're transferable. It can be geoscience or what ever he is working on. If you really want to use real time rendering knowledge i can give an example of using remote robotic control with 360 vr feed dealing with radioactive/space station repair etc. Industry is wide but the key is to apply it to the right one.

>programming god john carmack
Come to think of it, you're right. He's more of a optimization god.

he is working in the vr industry though
his specialization is real time rendering, and that pretty much applies to video games and that's it

and optimization isn't programming somehow?

nowadays? I wish it would be part of programming. every piece of software is ridiculously unoptimized .

Terje Mathisen, nuff said.

he's only cool because he open sourced his stuff