This refutes the programmer

This refutes the programmer.

Attached: 1534968576591.jpg (900x789, 235K)

i would be so fucking happy if this came true and my coworkers were all turned into lepers

This image always made me laugh, fucking engineers would be most sought after people after event like this.

>implying 80% of the population wouldn't be fucked anyway
All the drivers, neets, people working on computers. Just learn a trade

Actual engineers.

Implying the programmer doesn't suck cock for fun

drivers, people working on a computer have a trade.
also vehicles won't stop working, only electronics and we used such vehicles for a long time.

>before:
>wear programming socks and suck cocks for fun
>after:
>wear programming socks and suck cocks as a profession.

t. jelly tradie

Most software developers I know are some kind of engineers(electrical, mechanical and so on). There's just too much money in programming.

>shit stops working
>build new shit
>???
>profit
this image is fucking retarded

The kind of skills and thinking you get as a programmer are certainly useful in other places.

>he's so mad that he's stuck working construction that he has wet dreams about society collapsing so he can actually be useful
imagine being this retarded

Is that Hank Hill getting his dick sucked in the last panel?

This is not how sun flares work

Not even this, just electronics with current running through them would be fubar.

Such as the entire electrical grid. The biggest problem is that as the electrical grid shuts down, food distribution will plummet to roughly 30% for just a few weeks, as the distribution organisation system is electronic. Once booted it's too late. the price of food skyrockets. The people that can afford food buy lots of it to stockpile, driving the price up, while the people that can't afford it (the majority) starve.

I'm a developer and part of me kinda wishes this happened. It's an abstract override kind of feel.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (288x288, 16K)

>generator
>canned foods
>local farming

The only real life threatening problem (besides the rioting and looting) would be how we maintain clean water infrastructure without modern means of communication. Would be a logistical nightmare, we could only hope that some old heads from the old paper file days are still around.

> What are ECU's

Electromagnetic pulses generate current within the devices, which is what causes the damage, powered up or not.

Its fucking disgusting that fleshwastes like you see yourself fit to be on a technology board. Happily, you inept faggots will be among the first to die when the bombs start dropping.

>emp generates current within the devices
True
>which is what causes the damage
To devices that already have current, and cant handle more. Unless you think that a solar flare is a point blank emp.

Fucking mongoloid.

same

>solar flares makes electricity never work again
Yes, this is exactly how it works. Don't become programmers.

>what are ecu's
Something that didn't exist before 1968.
I bet you think cars couldn't be started before the introduction of the starter.

It's the oldest profession

>people doing X would be useless if X didn't exist
Jow Forumsim14andthisisdeep

> a solar flare that is capable of inducing enough current to rape a multi KV/KA electrical grid, with all of its overcurrent protections, is not capable of inducing enough current to rape a bunch of tightly packed transistors.

Were you born retarded or did you parents fail at suffocating you?

You are wrong.
Anything conductive picks up the em waves. Yes, a solar flare is basically an emp. What do you think shuts down electrical devices, fairies and unicorns?
If it's conductive then it has the ability to act like an antenna and pick up emr. A solar flare radiates a lot of emr. If it is strong enough it will fry electrical devices

And how many of them do you think are still on the road shitlord? Especially in the US with all that cash for clunkers bullshit they pulled.

These. If a grid can be ruined by an electromagnetic storm, how the fuck do you think silicone is going to hold up?

This would actually be interesting, it would let me test my Eagle Scout shit to the fullest. Maybe even molest some little boys, Scout Master would be so proud.

wearing feminine clothing and sucking cocks is older than recorded history

You should take images "spirit" of the argument aka, electricity gone. Maybe physically impossible but still.

>stick some raspberry pis in a grounded metal box
>become rich

This, do people think, this effect would be permanent or what?

Idiots always circlejerking about a solar flare.
Can't we just bootstrap back up in a few months?

>She doesn't live inside a Faraday cage

Are you retarded?

>after a complete wipeout of all electronics we would be able to build ourselves all the way back to le dank webdev app developer technology in one generation
You're delusional

Jow Forumssubredditsashashtags

why would I want to live in the shit tier post apocalyptic world ran by the kind of retards who elected trump instead of killing myself?

>this is what the bitter pajeet who can't into CS or EE actually things
Not how it works, kiddo. No bump or (You) from me for your shitty thread.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

Stop using everything that requires some type of code.
Mub pcb

Attached: images (9).jpg (226x223, 8K)

1 emr and thw whole world collapses
>Strap on op the ride hasn't even started

Attached: this-is-an-exquisite-rare-pepe-that-only-appears-once-18488360.png (500x948, 100K)

>/X/ tier EMP attack

Problem solvers in general.

Being a programmer is all about being able to learn new skills all the time, constantly adapting to new technology, and finding new solutions of your own.

Meanwhile normies took years to learn just one skill and are incapable of learning something new later in life.
That's why they all become unemployed when industry X collapses even though industry Y is screaming for employees to hire.

will it happen in our life time?

engineers, yes. programmers are not engineers

The government would literally throw enough money at the problem to stand enough internet infrastructure back up that we would be back at early 2000s levels within a year.

Imagine being so fucking brain dead you bank on society crumbling to be useful

Losing communication infrastructure nation wide would be a doozy. You can convert cars to work w/o ecus with enough effort.

Keeping transportation of goods and food will be critical. But even then millions of people will die in first world countries. If you live in less insdutrialized countryes that rely less on modern technology a lot won't change.

Uhh, yes. We have these things called books. They document literally everything. We still have engineers who invented some of the earliest microprocessors. It wouldn't be trivial but we'd at least get to mid 2000s levels of tech quickly.

I'm pretty sure critical military equipment
Can survive emp at least from nuclear bombs. You know the ones hidden in top secret bunkers.

You also have to remember that fiber optic lines would be perfectly usable as always. You just need new switches.

A lot of shielded microprocessors would survive. They'd be likely old as shit ones but they would most definitely survive. It's not like we're launching rocks into space, a ton of countries would have tons of shielded computer equipment intended for satellites and other space ventures.

Just use shit not affected by it.

as if anything needs to be "refuted", this is a shit thread and your understanding of english is poor

anyway there shouldn't be any distinction between programmers and technicians anyway, there only is because white collar people are faggots

>Not having analogue equipment

Attached: Ss-P-g0007.jpg (1867x1050, 453K)

100% does not work that way

this is what proles believe

Did you try chaning your solenoid kid?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 8K)

>white collar people are faggots
Laborer detected

Who's laughting now faggots, haha!

Attached: a4f76ce9fa7882517e9c28e0c3b714e5--vacuum-tube-loudspeaker.jpg (446x358, 51K)

Everyone starves to death.

yeah this is kind of pathetic how transparent these people are.

Is this how tradefags cope? They tell themselves the apocalypse is right around the corner and that once it happens, they won't be so pathetic and broke anymore. How convenient.

It's like some sort of reverse Revenge of the Nerds fantasy.

looks at these retards scared af over a pic. lmfao you nerds are useless and you will die.

Attached: 1463349964568.png (485x489, 272K)

for a board filled with marxists, you people sure hate the lower class, aka people who actually work.

>accuses other people of being marxists
>thinks work is inherently valuable in of itself (aka labor theory of value)
what a tard

The grid as the lines are still there which takes the longest to build. Just repair/replace the transformer stations and electrical power plants and you are back on track

Yup, it would just be about repairing the power plants/power stations and resupplying people with electronics

stay afraid office cuck

Nothing is inherently valuable in terms of money. The market sets all value where time for work done is essentially valued all the time

>gets BTFO by someone pointing out the logical inconsistency of his post
>only response is to spout buzzwords impotently
jej

Attached: 1475586413373.gif (360x346, 144K)

>thinks i got btfo
this is your brain on office work

This "refutes" anyone who isn't a subsistence farmer in a naturally isolated community. White collar or blue collar, most would starve to death if the effect were somehow permanent.

Ancap here, I love everyone willing to shake hands and deal.

Attached: 1385539847558.jpg (500x380, 56K)

Why are tradefags constantly asshurt about programming jobs?

Can someone explain?

Actually working is for slaves. This board is not filled with Marxists, it's filled with NEET wannabe aristocrats.

Attached: best neet.jpg (214x317, 16K)

>it's real
You can't have a low enough opinion of Reddit, it seems.

More like

>world is hit with solar flair
>all the electronics and data is lost
>entire economy shifts to rebuilding network infastructure
>demand for programmers skyrockets because everything has to be rebuilt
>computers for entertainment is outlawed for a few years so that everything can be rebuilt
>programmers are government mandated to be the only people allowed to use computers
>every programmer becomes upper middle class

Wouldn't the half of the world that is not facing the sun be unaffected?

>solar flair

Attached: ricflair.jpg (620x413, 32K)

>This refutes the web designer.
ftfy

I don't think I've ever typed the word "flare" until that post, so sorry.

holy shit when will this stupid accountant fucker fuck off back to facebook
hes made a thread like this one every day for the past week

Solar flares are a stream of energy that lasts from 12 hours to 10 days.

botnet free utopia

Attached: 1535431768780.gif (480x270, 236K)

I recognize that gay blowjob

>ywn get the succ from bill

Most tradies make good money, but are dumb people

thanks god I'm an engineer

In case this happens, can't we build electronics and software from scratch?

This comic is so nonsensical and reeks of projection against programmer Chads. The "crisis" makes literally no sense.

>cars electrical system
>no larger than a few square meters
>will receive the same amount of current as an electrical grid that covers thousands of square miles
Kids...

Attached: 2KCRAzkGm3-12.png (300x250, 39K)

First off, silicone is a type of rubber. Silicon is what processors are made of.

A solar flare would literally do nothing except cause power outage for a day or so. Current detection systems in the grid would automatically disconnect everything to avoid damage and they'd reconnect it once the flare was done. And no, your electronics don't even notice an electric field that varies over hundreds of miles. A flare is not an EMP.

>An EMP has a smaller effect the shorter the length of an electrical conductor; though other factors affect the vulnerability of electronics as well, so no cutoff length determines whether some piece of equipment will survive. However, small electronic devices, such as wristwatches and cell phones, would most likely withstand an EMP.

>An EMP would probably not affect most cars, despite modern cars' heavy use of electronics, because cars' electronic circuits and cabling are likely too short to be affected. In addition, cars' metallic frames provide some protection. However, even a small percentage of cars breaking down due to an electronic malfunction would cause temporary traffic jams.[38]

Good thing a solar flare is even less concentrated than an emp.

My focus is programming but that doesn't mean that's the only thing i'm good at.

>Sub-90 IQ meat monkey construction works have this image saved to their desktop to post on facebook every single day
>It's probably their wallpaper too

This so much here i live inside a cement building reinforced with steel... oh man americans are fucked