Fugg

Fugg..
Was replacing my stock Wraith cooler on my 1600 with an NH-D14, and found that AMD's stock thermal paste quite effectively doubles as rubber cement.

Attached: 8Y45ya4[1].jpg (2419x3226, 802K)

good job faggot

Drip some isopropyl/denatured alcohol onto it and twist it off.

Nah, just put my penknife blade under one of the IHS corners and it popped right off.

KEK

oh look, its THIS thread again.

>8Y45ya4[1]
sure you were hmmmmm *sip*

>not using a hair dryer to heat the heatsink + twist
good old 212 evo got stuck on my potato am2+ backup rig, it just works

Run a cpu z stress for 5 mins. Power off, twist off. I did this last week

>Was replacing my stock Wraith cooler on my 1600 with an NH-D14

why.jpeg

This, this works. What didn't happen to OP since he's a faggot re-posting really did happen to me at some point. Nobody told me it could, I wasn't warned, I did not know. Now I do so I run make -j10 or something and turn it off and do the twist.

this can happen with all sorts of toothpaste, btw, not just AMDs

It doesn't look like stock amd's paste, sorry

I wanted a big beefi boi

Feel free to reverse search the image nerds.
Couldn't be arsed to get it off my phone any other way. And fuck phone posting with what that gook has done with ads.

>not having adblock on your phone
wrong place for you, retard.

THAT HAPPENED

>imblying it works properly
Don't do shit on iphone boi. Just slows shit to a crawl.

>iphone
wrong place for you, retard.

i did the same with an x4 955. the second time i was ready but did it again with a 1090t. nothing i did helped. tried gently sliding off the d14 sideways and the fucker still ripped out. not looking forward to replacing the paste on my 2700x down the road tbqh.

Happened to me with a 2600 senpai. I just twisted it (careful not to bend the pins though) and it came off pretty easily. That motherboard lock didn't do shit, I figured it would either keep the CPU on or break off but it just slid to the side I guess.

Attached: 20180822_222805.jpg (3264x1836, 1.85M)

>he didnt preheat
either place the cooler on a radiator or heat with hairdrier

>That motherboard lock didn't do shit
Glad it wasn't just mine then.

So what?
Literally the same happened to my with an old computer last week and no damage was done to the mobo or the cpu.

you always twist the cooler before liftoff retard

If I had done that, it likely would have shredded pins, the thing was on there pretty tightly. Wouldn't even twist once off, had to pry it off.

This
Pins are stronger than you think, don't be such a baby

I'm more than willing to go ham with the motherboard, I know those fuckers can take a beating, but I'd rather not even risk it with the CPU dude.

>not using a pi-hole

Force liftoff without twisting is more dangerous.

Yeah the same thing happened to me, just try and twist it off without touching the pins and it should be fine