The BlackBerry Bold 9000

>The BlackBerry Bold 9000
>Now THAT was a REAL SMARTPHONE
>Full QWERTY keyboard
>Super secure emails and had mobile data compression so you didn't need gigabytes of data on your plan
>Only for successful businessmen on release
>Kids these days don't know how good we had it back in 2008

Attached: blackberry-bold-10.jpg (550x462, 66K)

it is boomer thing to say that you like it, but i like it and back in high school i dreamed to have one of these phones.

It's weird to think that most people in 2007-2009 wanted a BlackBerry rather than an iPhone

I was a curvelet but damn those were good times

>tfw I could only afford the manlet pearl
>didn't even have a full keyboard

Attached: c9d.png (657x527, 68K)

I still use a nokia e71

If only this little fucker was kept updated properly. A phone made by and for white men.

Attached: blackberry_passport_-_main.jpg (1200x914, 396K)

>how good we had it back in 2008

tell me about how good the browser on that thing was... i remember even trying to open quite basic pages took ages, the phone got stuck multiple times and finally failed to render anything correctly anyways...

It was utter shit. My Nokia n97 was ages better. I left the bold to rot away in a box. The rubber in it started to get sticky after a while. Browser sucked and couldn’t handle the dawn of apps at the time.
Yeah. I’m a 80s boomer.

This was the sickest phone back in the day, I wish smartphones kept the slide out keyboard design

Attached: Blackberry-Torch-9800-2.jpg (1600x1600, 151K)

Time sure flies. I have already forgotten the details of why nokia and blackberry fell so low...

You have to consider a few things user. When the iPhone 1 came out, there was no app store. It was very basic and was lacking quite a bit. Even when the app store and the 3G/3GS came out, you have to remember that it was primarily a GSM-only device and more or less locked to AT&T in the states at the time, and Android was still extremely early on and in its infancy/a piece of shit to use. Both also really sucked for any form of security.

Blackberry on the other hand was still THE go to phone for corporate use, as well as being a high end feature phone on a market flooded with a bunch of really laggy proprietary platforms. Do you remember early touch phones? They were the absolute worst and barely worked, keyboards were a absolute must if you wanted to do anything accurately.

Problem with blackberry is they did not evolve and just dug in further with non-uniform designs across their phones. Ever try to troubleshoot one? They are a nightmare, each one had their own UI design and ways of doing shit and it was always a mess. Meanwhile Apple became more widespread with the iPhone 4 having CDMA options and not being locked down to one carrier anymore officially, and both Android and iPhone was being adopted by the corporate world due to improving security that wasn't as paper thin as it used to be. Blackberry really had a chance early on to take a good chunk of the market share away from at least Android and they failed in every regard.

The 9780 was my first smartphone, I really do miss it. Something about it only being a productivity tool really appealed to me - just boring e-mail stuff, barebones web browsing and blackberry messenger was just so much nicer than all the useless shit in todays smartphones.

If they'd remake a modern version of this with mature and secure BlackBerry OS and really good camera, I'd pay iPhone X money for it.

Attached: 51fWv0W9gkL.jpg (397x500, 35K)

Because iPhone was a unusable piece of flamming shit until 3s. It was literally worse than some Nokia dumbphones

>Blackberry on the other hand was still THE go to phone for corporate use,
Most of this had to do with the unlimited secure blackberry data services.

Same here. I even bought myself this chink ripoff which is actually just a standard dumbphone made to look like it.

Forgot pic

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Google absolutely destroyed the entire market. It's no wonder Ballmer lost his shit and threw a chair through the office when one of the other higher-ups at Microsoft left for them. Ballmer was right. Fuck Google.

The Q10 was the epitome of BB

>Blackberry really had a chance early on to take a good chunk of the market share away from at least Android and they failed in every regard.
I'd rather live in a world where RIM/BB still exists rather than this Google botnet infested Android shit we have now

I had a 9700 bold. Webbrowsing in it was awesome.

This thing has GPS which blew 14 year old me

Attached: samsung-c6625-valencia.jpg (372x666, 113K)

don't delude yourself, the browser in blackberries sucked compared to the iphone of the time

I like to surf on Jow Forums with it while sitting on my John Deer mower and sipping on my sugar free Monster Energy.

*crack* mmm yeah *sip* now THATS a smartphone *burp*

Attached: 1535921637763.png (281x215, 44K)

mmm yeah

Attached: 1528093070748.png (608x372, 152K)

Based boomer meme is garbage and it's forced trash. please leave my board REEEE

Attached: organic_soy.jpg (568x397, 27K)

did your dad also blow 14 year old you?

Didn't rim/bb sell everyone (all their customers) out though?

They didnt really fail, they just realized they could fire 90% of their workforce except for execs and a legal team and make billions patent trolling, while releasing a phone every once in a while that had very little R&D put into it because it doesnt do anything different. Very little risk with a low overhead. Blackberry is currently making like $5bil/year

That's what the BlackBerry Classic is (was)

honestly I don't see anything wrong about my Blackberry Keyone and I say this even though I owned a Blackberry Curve and a Blackberry Bold in the past

>RIM's financial peak was $20bn USD in 2011
Weird, I didn't realise they peaked in 2011

Attached: rim.png (1100x588, 65K)