Ubuntu Linux

Installing Ubuntu.. what am i in for Jow Forums?

Attached: ubuntu.png (225x225, 5K)

Ubuntu

AmazonOS

An unstable mess of loosely-coupled software that somehow needs to work together to keep the system up and running properly. I might add that systemd is good in that it's monolithic and aims to replace much of this.

I think you mean Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Attached: 1535681007935.jpg (907x830, 104K)

they dropped the amazon thing ages ago, and there's always MATE Ubuntu, Xubuntu, etc etc as alternatives

I've used it for the past 5 or so years. I have used windows before, use windows at work, and used mac at work for about half a year.

I can say it's pretty comfy. You have linux but you mostly don't need a deep understanding of linux. Can do everything except perhaps games which only loser would want. Only downside is that you may have to learn an alternative office package when coming from windows. Although WPS office is very similar to Microsoft office.

10/10 would install again

Don't listen to this faggot. LTS is stable OS and unless you have some exotic hardware there shouldn't be any problem.
Don't listen to this faggot either. Cuckonical decided to name it ubuntu, so it is ubuntu. They don't even have word "linux" in it and this faggot still had to post. Pathetic being.
Listen to this faggot.

dead meme

Change the Unity interface, it fucking sucks.

>They don't even have word "linux" in it and this faggot still had to post.
I think that was a joke senpai

18.04 went back to Gnome 3 anyway
also comfy

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-09 15-58-33.png (3840x2160, 831K)

What a stupid joke.
I don't want to see that user joking anymore.

Ubuntu is literally the most stable linux distro. It just werks.

>Although WPS office is very similar to Microsoft office.
You should be using libreoffice. WPS is chinese botnet

>underrated

and completely wrong

and worse
Unity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gnome
KDE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Unity

>using google chrome
you're not going to make it

Both are comfy, if you're acquainted with MS office then WPS is immediately accessible. WPS has its own disadvantages though, some rough edges all over.

I can never understand the people so fixated on this. Gnome and Unity are extremely similar. Almost everything you do can be done with the same simplicity and speed. KDE seems for the "power user" types.

fite me

wow

So you enjoy bending over for both Google/NSA botnet + Chinese botnet. Topkek.

Attached: 1535956827947.jpg (228x221, 7K)

>implying that you can actually escape the botnet
Your cpu has an NSA backdoor and the government can easily track VPNs/TOR if they want to.

Not mine sucker, I'm on a Libreboot Thinkpad
Enjoy your botnet, ahahahaha

you're using the internet nigger

Yeah, but I'm still untrackable, stay salty botnet boi :^)