I-It's not fair

How did they beat based Elon to the punch, bros?

insideevs.com/chevy-bolt-was-1-selling-electric-car-in-california-in-2017/
businessinsider.com/gm-expands-chevy-bolt-ev-sales-bring-battery-production-to-the-us-2018-9

Attached: 1536449964813.png (633x758, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle
youtube.com/watch?v=6XPY1QRjZjs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's not hard beating con man

They concentrated on building electric cars, in volume and at lower prices, instead of having twitter meltdowns.

It's not hard to re-release tech that you've made in the 80's.

This fact still pisses me off
Fucking petrol jews

>How did they beat based Elon to the punch, bros?
Lots and lots of capital. As far as I am aware, Tesla is currently selling everything they make. Building factories costs money.

The concept of the electric car is simple, its the battery that is difficult to get right.
80s battery tech would never compete with petrol cars. Full stop.
Youre one of the "EDISUN STOLZ ALL TEZLA FREE ENEURGY IDEAS!" faggots if you think otherwise.

What is your problem?
This is very good for the market. Competitions is always good.
I believe that elon even said sometimes that he'd love to have competitors who build better cars than him

They could've invested more into batteries, but I understand that the incentives to do that weren't there.

That's how monopolies end. And Tesla couldn't even stand afloat without investors while being a monopoly. Fucking insane.

The first electric car was made even before the first internal combustion engine car actually.

>The concept of the electric car is simple, its the battery that is difficult to get right.
Auto manufacturers got it right back then.
>80s battery tech would never compete with petrol cars. Full stop.
Do you not understand that they had working production models that where competitive? They ended up being shelved with companies going as far as buying them back at a premium. A literal conspiracy happened.

I'm just saying that there were production vehicles on the road at one point way before tesla. My neighbors bought one, loved it, and the manufacturer bought it back at a premium, and they had to sign an nda.

What was the range of those? It's craptacular even today despite those overclocked liquid cooled lithium batteries being an order of magnitude better than the batteries back then.

Lmao ^ Elon is just some faggot nerd getting caught up in his pseudoscience fantasies

every wojak is retarded
every user that has wojaks saved is retarded

>What was the range of those?
I don't know. They drove cross country once, so I'm sure that there was even a method of quick charging stations available across the US.

>chervolet has 20-30% less range than tesla
Chevrolet confirmed for ThinkPad of the aut/o/motive world?

Sounds like bullshit honestly.

Since when did Tesla have a monopoly? Other manufacturers suspected that electricity is the future, they just didn't want to commit. They were investing just enough to not get caught with their pants down. The only difference was, Tesla committed to it and forced their hand somewhat.

>Sounds like bullshit honestly.
It really does, but I assure you that it isn't. Maybe you could dig on the internet if you care. There really were electric cars in the 80's/90's that were all purchased back by manufacturers though.

>Model 3 has a 33% higher MSRP

I don't doubt their existence, I doubt their usability.

And with the Hyunda Kona and the Kia Niro, Tesla is pretty much kill.

*hissing* GEE, NO OIL NEEDED? *screech* *hiss* *hiss*

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1024x721, 125K)

>I doubt their usability.
I know it's all anecdotal at this point, but my neighbors loved theirs, drove it cross country, and were paid way more than it cost to sell it back.

>It's not hard to re-release tech that you've made in the 80's.

I think those used DC motors.

Tesla's real innovation was using AC motors, which can be controlled much better.
Now of course everybody uses AC motors.

Oil companies are really panicking now, and trying to push hydrogen (can be made from electricity but much cheaper to make from oil)

Shell is even trying to buy up all the fast chargers to have them shut down.

It's really not the oil that's the problem. It's the people in the oil companies. Oil that could end up as plastic in 100 years, ends up as fuel in engines today instead, although those engines could run on other energy resources as well. Whereas plastic has no useful alternatives.

Attached: 1535398804037.png (1281x1061, 812K)

probably because their cars don't cost $100k+ and require 10k downpayment?

Tesla is for rich people, not your average person.

My point was nobody cared about hydrogen before.
But now that electric vehicles are really kicking off there is suddenly a push for hydrogen as well.

And why would that be?
Who would benefit from insisting hydrogen is an alternative to batteries? (which it isn't) - the oil companies.

>My point was nobody cared about hydrogen before.
>But now that electric vehicles are really kicking off there is suddenly a push for hydrogen as well.
Really? I recall hydrogen being a thing all the time, constantly. But never a _real_ thing.
But at the same time I'm from glorious yurop, things might seem different here, so I believe you.

Model S is for rich people who don't mind driving in a plastic piece of crap that breaks down all the time.

Model S is the #1 most failure prone car on the market.
And the interior is just horrid.
Even the door seals aren't fitted properly so you get wet in the rain.

Chevrolet at least knows how to make cars.

>Even the door seals aren't fitted properly so you get wet in the rain.
That's pretty fucking funny.

They actually delivered the cars.

But the Dutch and British own the biggest oil companies in the world.

Nice. Everybody buy Dutch and British oil then.

I'm also from Europe.

Per km, hydrogen costs about as much as petrol.
The cool thing about electric is you save on fuel costs, but no such advantage with hydrogen.
Hydrogen is also not "green" at all: Because it's so inefficient you either end up burning shitloads of coal (several times more than with electric) or you make it straight from oil.

Hydrogen is just a very expensive way to emit the same amount of CO2, all while getting poor range same as electric.
It's designed to fail so people will go back to petrol.

It's also not true.You're taking your facts from a NEET on Jow Forums who probably hasn't even seen a tesla irl.

>such denial
Many taxi's are Model S here (Amsterdam), and the tourists were complaining about it, it was in the news (just Google it)

Remember, the idea behind Tesla was to push the industry into moving electric.
This means Elon is winning.

>Even the door seals aren't fitted properly so you get wet in the rain.
Huh tesla definitely needs to up their QC game if they want to compete with the big bois

Attached: B7k4GIz.jpg (839x919, 281K)

>All these redditors in this thread defending Elon Cuck
Pathetic

Exactly. How can people here even like that antisemite?

Attached: image.jpg (575x467, 204K)

That's what happens when to need to finish your cars with untrained Mexican immigrants since your factory and production line it's a complete clusterfuck

He should have just used an experienced car manufacturing firm instead of re-inventing the wheel.
Or better yet sell the platform to any car maker interested in building a body around it.

source? when did he say that?

the 90's early 2000's was when a few companies put out full electric cars, the cars where capable of 100-150 miles on a charge at the time, not a large distance, but it was enough for most people to be a daily driver.

when they literally ripped the car out of peoples hands who were willing to pay concept car prices for it, the person who dealt with the batteries said a new type that just went mass market would have pushed it over 300 miles.

The reason why they killed the cars?
Aftermarket parts they sell, these cars didn't have that constant stream of nickel and diming that gas cars do, that was largely the reason they didnt go forward at the time, but now with tesla trying to get the cars out at normal person prices, granted high side of normal person, but still normal, its either jump in the market and compete, or become kodak who had the first digital camera but because they sold film, burry the tech and don't go in till you are irrelevant.

the manufactures, that when they finally made production electric cars decided to have them all destroyed?
yea, the car manufactures who would never put out an electric car?

tell me he had a choice?
Its a clusterfuck because there is a start up cost because no one sells a 'become a car company' special buy one get 1 free kit.

Kodak didn't bury their digital camera tech.
They sold it to Apple.

Electric motors being able to last pretty much forever with hardly any maintenance is a big problem for car dealers, yes.
For both consumers and the environment it would be great if they build electric cars to last 30+ years, but I am fairly sure they will build in planned obsolescence instead.

I meant 3rd party manufacturing firms that build cars for any brands.
Not all manufacturing is done in the car company's own factories.

Tesla actually did do this in Europe, where they hired VDL Nedcar to make the Model S for the European market.
But for the Model 3 they went full retard.

1975 is when it was made, 1978 is when it was patented
Kodak sat on the fucking thing till 0 hour, and by the time they went 'you know we are losing market to other people and because no one uses film anymore, maybe we should join them' they were too fucking late.

It's a fairly well known thing, kind of like blockbuster had a golden ticket handed to them and they pissed on it.

model 3 is a gamble, they either get their shit together and get good, or they say fuck it to the consumer car company and became just a sports car/battery tech company, something they are good at.

I would honestly call teslas problems teething + regulation based failures, while other car manufacturers were able to gradually incorporate new tech, tesla had trial by fire doing it all at once.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle

well shit nigger looks like that may have actually happened

They did see it coming, they just couldn't come up with a plan to deal with it.
Fujifilm did deal with it, but not without firing the vast majority of their employees and although they still exist today they are hardly a big name anymore.

Saying film makers should just switch to making electronics is like saying oil companies should just switch to making solar panels.
Completely different industries, can't use your experience or old employees.

They will probably go bankrupt and get bought out by someone who can make cars.

The thing is they claim that they never "sold" them, but they did (at least some of them did), and they paid the people who bought them a shit load of money when buying them back.

The GM EV1 was based. A 1997 coming standard with most features you find in a 2018 car minus all the safety garbage while giving about 250 miles per charge and 8 hour charge. Perfect commuter car but the problem was each unit was valued at 250k and leased out for a few hundreds a month.

Sorry 150 miles not 250

they would likely get bought out and then killed off, with all their patentes used as ammo to kill future electric cars.

They quite literally had the tech for 30 odd years and did fuck all with it, they refused to actually make the cameras because they made to much bank of film, and by the time they took their thumb out of their ass, to fucking late.

The original roadster was based on a lotus. I'm guessing musk decided to go into full self production because the opportunity arose fairly cheaply.

>This included Tesla's partial purchase of the former NUMMI site, mainly consisting of the factory building,[17][18] for $42 million.[19][20]
>NUMMI auctioned off[26] the press lines, robots and other equipment to Toyota's other US factories[27][28] while Tesla purchased over $17 million of manufacturing equipment and spare parts in 2011, at significant discounts compared to new equipment.[29] Tesla bought $50 million worth of Schuler SMG hydraulic stamping press lines used from Detroit for $6 million, including shipping costs.[30]

Also I think it makes more sense for them to try to develop their own brand since it gets the redditors and 40 year olds with too much money to spend attention and I think Panasonic does all the heavy lifting for their battery technology R&D.

Attached: L1001281.jpg (2048x890, 616K)

this is true, and I met a descendant of one of the inventors

can a volt do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=6XPY1QRjZjs

either way, tesla either funds battery research or at least has hands in it, that alone is good.