I really like debian, however userland programs being horribly out of date annoys me to no end...

I really like debian, however userland programs being horribly out of date annoys me to no end. I've tried using testing but it's a complete buggy mess, worse than when I tried arch even.

If I want a debian based system that has fairly up to date programs should I just learn apt-pinning or switch to xfce noobuntu?

Attached: du.jpg (1440x691, 100K)

>worse than when i tried arch
just go back to arch then

if you already are a somewhat advanced user Ubuntu ia gonna make you mad because how dependencies trees are. You can almost never uninstall a meta package. And I didn't get bumblebee to work on Ubuntu. Overall I'd say you better stick with debian stable. I actually don't need any new software so I don't know about that, backports arent's that new. Flatpaks are a thing, and you can install new programs in a folder.
P. D never go back to arch or ubuntu. Debian is where is at for a sane packages development team. Really think if you need new software. I mean I don't but you may, in that case Fedora looks better than Ubuntu to be honest, and is the next software for Red Hat releases so if you learn that ecosystem should be pretty neat for work.
The only really reason I see to have a more up to date system is developing for such system or such programs in it. Feature wise of you use the upstream versions of everything you will have buggy stuff because close to no one really tests the software on every system. Also Firefox ESR from Debian stretch is now Quantum

Attached: Screenshot_from_20180909_130156.png (1920x1080, 187K)

get your filthy hands off venerable debian you distrohopping freshoutofwindows scum

I second this

Run debian unstable.

OP, i use debian and im thinking of switching to arch.

Just use xubuntu and get on with your life

imagine being THIS virgin

is being a virgin bad?
i am a virgin

based and redpilled
stay in debian, dont go for the clones (buntus, mint, etc) if you want a change go gentoo, fedora or arch to a lesser extent
you can look for backports, pinning and maybe switch for testing

Attached: gnudebian.jpg (371x323, 49K)

and flatpaks*

Not sure. I use Debian Unstable and it's pretty good for me.

other poster here, virgin too

>is being a virgin bad?
not if you're under 18

>i am a virgin
underage b&

yes
even terry and stallman banged pusy

I'm 18
I'm born on 2000
and im a virgin
terry lost his virginity to a homeless women.
i don't know if stallman lost his, he probably did.

this

i use opensuse
roast me pls

Attached: Screenshot_20180909_144619.png (903x365, 23K)

>mfw this is correct

I use sid and nothing is broken

besides GNOME

but that's just GNOME, so I removed it

smooth sailing with KDE

Attached: 1535408222855.png (692x816, 279K)

if ur really cool run debian stable with guix

shit I'm 18

hello sirs i'm am also 18 and virgin

post 18 year old hand

no bulli

Attached: IMG_20180909_230113.jpg (3264x2448, 1.32M)

can i fuck ur women

oversized thumb/10

perspective + lens distortion

led's fug :D

no, i want to fuck your women
pic related
i want to put my 4 inch in her white pum pum
Do u understand bitch

Attached: nigga.jpg (1080x1349, 101K)

MXlinux is based on Debian but has semi up to date packages.

her ass vary big. you need minimum 8 inch for providing plesure. im so sorry

no it isn't
4 inch is the world average
i have masterrace dick

Attached: fuk.jpg (1080x1345, 1.4M)

>Really think if you need new software.
the ultimate state of linux

*GNU/Linux

If you want to get shit done - you use Ubuntu. If you want to shitpost your anime wallpaper and tiling wm - you use the rest of the distros.

I've been using Ubuntu for the last 8 years and all the other distros are just buggy and/or unfinished compared to Ubuntu. There is no shame in using it, the only people who shit on it are 15 year olds who have nothing else to do but tinker with configuration files after graphical driver crashes

based and redpilled

How if Debian is more stable by definition?
Also drbian don't have botnet that Ubuntu trash spawned in 19

just install xubuntu or lubuntu. They don't come packaged with all the botnet shit that Unity and Gnome do.

now kid, this is based:
that's not the point, Ubuntu devs are pajeets. Good luck not having to reinstall from 0 for just changing your DE. Also, nice job beta testing for Debian and RHEL.

>noobuntu
the only people who say this shit don't do anything of note on their computer and have forgotten that the whole point of a computer is to get shit done and not to jack off to how hardcore your OS is

that being said, I'll usually just build shit myself/install the developer's packages if they have any if I need a recent release of something on Debian

>Good luck not having to reinstall from 0 for just changing your DE
how in fuck's name do you manage to fuck this up
like, I've done it a fucking bunch of times

I've had my share of issues with Ubuntu, but this hasn't ever been one.

cringed

I remember when I first used Linux and distrohopped every week
Then I became a gentoofag, then an archfag
Now I just use Ubuntu and I dont care, I'm done trying new shit