I want to behead whoever designed this thing

i want to behead whoever designed this thing

Attached: FBDImg1[1].jpg (334x326, 17K)

Mahesh, pls.

Why is wangblows so inconsistent regarding which type of file explorer will be used to browse for folders?

allahu akbar

Attached: ALLHAIL.gif (474x332, 31K)

iirc there is just two file/folder context windows in the winapi, one is pic related which is retarded and shouldnt be used and the other one is just the file explorer which is way more usable

because win32 api and legacy compatibility. windows 10 will run a 16 bit win 3.1 application in compatibility mode and use the same win32 api (with some overloaded method indicating which path to take in a function for compatibility features)

>I don't like the way a file browsing window is designed
>BEHEAD THEM
Religion of peace, everyone.

Ah, I see.
Seems retarded they could just be sane have a compatibility API which fully integrates into the modern system.

you're right, but one of the best (worst?) features of windows is its compatiblity. there are a ton of companies that use windows for ATMs, POS, terminals, etc. that will eventually have to upgrade to windows 10. if they can just deploy their application on the modern OS without paying contractors to modify 15+ year old code, then they don't rewrite it for linux. it's simply to ensure compatibility lasts for a lot of enterprise markets.

furthermore UWP is the replacement for win32, where UWP will be frontend for all desktop/laptop users with win32 api just running in the background for any compatibility needs.

that's just an excuse.
windows 10, for example, in its own services incorporates features, e.g. icons, buttons, graphics, e.t.c., from all versions of windows.
they don't replace the new file picker with the new one, or update the icons in some option window, they just let them there.

wine has better backwards compatibility with windows. on windows AMD64 you often get errors regarding 16-bit programs. on windows x86 versions you get the same 16-bit support as you get with wine.

i know how you feel OP
macos lets you switch between the two

The only thing that really annoys me is when you make a new folder in it.
Makes a folder with the name New Folder and has it open for editing, you type in the name you want and press enter, and it selects the parent directory and leaves the folder named New Folder.

That's just stupid.

When they made this window back in 1985 they didn't know about the future.

This is annoying, but not something needs beheading.

But pic related, pic related does fucking need.

Attached: hide.png (196x16, 1K)

Time has been wasted because of that autistic default...

Several thousands of computers were wasted because people didn't knew about this default and clicked on a jpeg that was not a jpeg.

While you're at it plz do the same for whoever designed the Environment Variable window. thnx.

lel it's the same dialog since windows 95
git gud microshaft

Possibly the dumbest idea ever concieved

Let's just have a big windows developer beheading party

It was probably one of your relatives Mahesh.
dont forget to say hello to deepak, ramesh and gokul.