Say we live in a simulation. How many processing power is needed to run it?

Say we live in a simulation. How many processing power is needed to run it?

Attached: 1536535569795.png (430x441, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlTKTTt47WE
youtube.com/watch?v=GRQuRcpf5Gc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying we dont

I doubt it.

does a fish know it's living in water

What distro do NPCs use?

youtube.com/watch?v=tlTKTTt47WE

About tri fiddy

It really depends how it's implemented. I assume the devs have a strong understanding of string theory and implement it as strings which should save on processing power

I don't know. But anyway, I'd say our universe is too rich and too flawless (in the sense that there hasn't been any reality "bug" or "glitch" that wasn't total bullshit) to be simulated.

does existence run on amd or intel?

RISC-V

Apparently a lot, given the terrible 24fps we're getting.

Do you know you live in air

Now that’s more like it! Morty, here we go. Let me hear everybody say "hey-oh!" yeah! All the ladies say, "yeah!" Everybody over thirty, do this with your hands! Everybody with a red shirt, jump up and down!

idk about power but it would be as big as the moon

The fact that we have a moon in the first place seems like too much of a coincidence now

... how?

3.5 Niggawatts

Say I live in a simulation and all of you are just part of that simulation.sage
I guess not much, I don't have memories of 99% of my life, did it even happen? Maybe this reality is very simple, and it's just injecting code in my mind to make me not realize how limited it is.

A perfect simulation would be a boring simulation

Attached: 80ae388bc075e2e1be9d8e2c7755f7e909334d2c_hq.jpg (438x428, 17K)

We can't say anything about the simulator, since we live inside the simulation and our perception of time/framerare is also being simulated. Heck it could be a hamster-powered turing machine for all we know.

rick and morty did it already

Attached: Roy.png (1920x1090, 2.11M)

It just requires 1 brain, your brain is emulating the universe right now.

Likely nothing we can describe.

If that's what's going on, it's probably tied to how processing power works in some "outside" maybe higher-dimensional thing that could simulate our universe. Of which we have no knowledge.

Stop forcing the shitty NPC meme.

>assuming bugs don't happen daily but we're just used to it and it's taught to us as normal behavior, and laws were built around them

How should I know? You are the only human here.

Cringe meme

I remember there being an online browser game where bugs became the meta, and even the official trailer for the game showcased them

lol, but that seems to be the case with a lot of games, like one in RuneScape that people use to eat right before being hit to not die or something like that. I don't think they showcase this bug though

I remember watching some video where they projected a quantum computer the size of Jupiter could do it , but that's low balling imo

also the real world already saves on processing by making wave into particles only when they are observed

Doesn't the computer have to be the size of the entire universe itself? You can get up to atomic level with computers, but the reality itself is on atomic level. I'd doubt we could even built such a machine.
If you are talking about that bad NPC meme then it could be possible to save a lot of processing power by limiting the size of the simulation. No need to simulate galaxies far away I guess.

why would a simulation not be rich?
If one has the capability to simulate a universe with consistent laws, one most likely has the ability to ensure lack of flaws

>If one has the capability to simulate a universe with consistent laws, one most likely has the ability to ensure lack of flaws
We have simulations with constant laws. They might have flaws from our PoV.

But do they from someone within the universe? And if they were even capable of realizing, are we sure a small hack like "ignore the flaws or any consequential thought related to the flaws, making it seem like it's all validly discarded after thinking about flaws" wouldn't solve that issue?

Sure, I was just trying to make the point that any perceived flawlessness in our universe isn't a good argument that the universe isn't simulated. It's possible that any flaws could be quickly patched and none would be the wiser.

>that npc trying to lure you back into the simulation

It depends. Is RTX on or off?

Yea. Or it it is possible that we are none the wiser even if they don't get patched.

Assuming quantum effects were mostly weird bugs coming from, IDK, a hack to make suns burn hot and long. Sure enough they influence all the simulation, but whoever made the simulation did not care if the occasional elementary particle ends up elsewhere. How do you prove it's a bug?

>How many processing power
Kill yourself pajeet

youtube.com/watch?v=GRQuRcpf5Gc

1x AMD Threadripper

2 cores @1.4Ghz * number of living persons
The good news is the processing power can be reniced to handle other tasks when the NPC aren't using them.

Attached: not-soon-enough.png (966x497, 41K)