Still using Linux

>Still using Linux
Why haven't you upgraded to FreeNAS yet?

Attached: 1522807080268.jpg (512x512, 13K)

Why the fuck should I?

Show me a comparable NAS based OS that runs Linux for $0. UnRAID is the closest thing and that costs $60.

>Being too retarded to just install FreeBSD and put shit into jails

does it run tux racer

>Manually managing your server
Enjoy your inevitably bad security.

Yes.

>Being so retarded that you can't keep your shit secure.

Attached: 1534986924524.png (214x235, 77K)

You are not better than a group of people are making sure your software all works together. Using something like FreeNAS is going to be far better than anything you make for yourself.

>A group of people making sure your software works together.
You're just pulling nonsense out of your ass.

I simply use Synth to build packages from the ports system to use for my jails, like any non-retard would do. Just because you're so stupid that you need a GUI to simply things for you doesn't mean everyone else does, too.

Attached: 1534175867788.png (1600x790, 645K)

Cringe. Kys kid. I run servers for a living. I own you.

So do I, you little shit. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Attached: 1534813805329.jpg (288x288, 16K)

If you keep having to manually configure shit you are going to mess up. If you have tools that automate these tasks for you then you not only have a better means of keeping track of your changes, but there's very little room for you as a human being to fuck up.
It isn't 1975 anymore gramps. No one cares about MUH UNIX PHILOSOPHY

You know there are ways to administrate a server that don't involve a shitty, glorified GUI like FreeNAS, right? Just admit you're afraid of the CLI. It's alright, friend.

Attached: 1534173747467.jpg (362x310, 25K)

it's freenas. why the fuck are you talking about automation as if you were dealing with a massive server environment? lmao

Because I don't use preconfigured garbage. If I wanted to use BSD (which I don't, because it's just a more autistic, less compatible version of Linux), I'd use FreeBSD.

I use Freenas. Been stable as hell. Doesn't require any work on my part. It just runs day in day out. I get daily e-mail alerts of status changes,scrubs,etc. So far nothing has happened, no data errors at all. Fucking nice as hell that something just works as it should. I have backups in case server fails or drive fails, but the way this keeps rolling on, I won't have to use them for a long time yet.

>If you keep having to manually configure shit you are going to mess up. If you have tools that automate these tasks for you then you not only have a better means of keeping track of your changes, but there's very little room for you as a human being to fuck up.
What the fuck does that have to do with FreeNAS? You can do all of that with FreeBSD. Thank god we have this thing called a 'text file' that allows us to do this magical thing called 'save settings'. And someone was even smart enough to figure out how to 'back up' these 'text files' so that we could save and export them to different machines, or the same machine if we wipe it.

if it does then im sold

You can backup your Freenas config. This acts like a system recovery image. All drive pool settings are kept on the drives so if the drives are healthy when you load a new copy of Freenas, then load your config from the file, all your users, drive info/settings will be restored as well.

You are the worst shill I have ever seen. And the product is fucking free too, this is embarrassing.

Or you can just use Git for version control.

My nipples look like milk duds

>You can backup your FreeBSD configs. This acts like a system recovery image. All drive pool settings are kept on the drives so if the drives are healthy when you load a new copy of FreeBSD, then load your configs from the backup, all your users, drive info/settings will be restored as well.
Woah magical!!!!!!!!!

>My nipples look like milk duds
what did he mean by this

I love how you can't get mysql to work at all in freenas 11.1 jails.

Just try it yourself.

How will FreeNAS babies ever recover from this thread?

Attached: 1535330805117.png (518x640, 434K)

>Unironically just believing some guys you don't know making some free tool really care and know about security
You are just like those WordPress users. Kek. Keep it coming. You might have a career as a comedian.

ixsystems sell their own machines though

is that a fucking kung pow reference

Finally. A man of culture

You lost. Everyone sees through this garbage GUI. Give up.

Attached: 1532916700110s.jpg (200x250, 4K)

WordPress is also a product. Your point?

>using a base freebsd install with a web GUI as main OS
no thx