Best Browser(s) thread

>pic unrelated
I am fed up with mainstream browsers and I'm looking for an alternative to Chrome (my current browser). I want to be able surf the web without being bombarded by personalized ads and getting tracked. So Jow Forums, what is the best browser in terms of speed, security, and reliability?

I'm not really a software guy, but In exchange for helping I can offer advice or troubleshoot hardware problems. Just specify your build and your issue. Thanks.

Attached: Browsers.png (600x331, 162K)

Edge for phone
Firefox for computer

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-04-23-46-56.png (2160x1080, 518K)

Palemoon.

Is it available for both phone and desktop? I can do my own research, but what sets Palemoon apart from other browsers?

Basically Firefox minus all the blotware and useless crap.

I use brave on phone, why is Edge on phone better?

chrome extensions work with pic related

use brave or bromite for mobile

Attached: vivaldi.png (1024x1022, 63K)

I tried using Firefox to replace Chrome, but the translator does not work in the same way. I tested Brave, Opera and Vivaldi. They are good, but each has its imperfections. At last I still continue with Chrome, used uBlock.

Attached: 1497061145410.png (479x543, 222K)

Edge

Attached: billgatescloud21954.jpg (300x384, 40K)

ungoogled chromium

Right now Chrome became a huge pile of shit, I thought the latest version wasn't going to be bad but oh boy, IT IS BAD.
They force you tou log to your account to use the browser. Why is beyond me but while they make it seem like something good, it is not.

One of the main advantages I had of not logging my account in the browser was, for some reason, the captchas actually worked if I wasn't under an account. Logging in made me repeat captchas like 100000 times before getting a message telling they worked.

Google Chrome is dead to me, I'm using Chromium now. I like the full blue icon better.

Opera started nice for me but the more I use it, the slower in becomes. I can't use it for more than an hour before shit hitting the fan.
The same goes for Firefox and their forks. Waterfox started super nice for me but again, for some reason Captchas started behaving weird there.

Iridium was almost perfect for me but it didn't keep my passwords even after enabling the option, I had to manually log to every site each time I opened the browser. That sucks.

So yeah, it's Chromium for me now. No problems, no logging, never gets slow, no anything bad.

Attached: NotLikeThis.jpg (225x225, 6K)

To complete my post, I also tried Vivaldi. I loved the customization but in the end it was the same as Opera: the more time I spent using it, the slower it'd become. If it were a bit more optimized it'd be my go-to browser above all.

Then again, I don't have the most potent notebook around either so that's on me.

You just can't compete with Fortune 500 companies. Every other browser is inferior to Chrome in terms of speed and reliability. Microcuck shills can fuck off. Look, I don't like Google either but they released Chrome to compete with internet explorer. I remember the days when it was literally a life hack to install chrome. Now everyone uses it and it's replaced Microsoft as the standard internet browser. Microsoft had such an advantage by including IE in the OS that they got away with being lazy like they always are with their software; preferring to milk out their products for centuries and eons. The only true value Microsoft holds today is with government contracts (back doors) and intrusive not to mention unconstitutional data mining.

Wow it's almost as if the advertising company that made the browser is now forcing their moneymaking schemes on it now that it's the most used browser.

Technically speaking is the "less bad browser" because all of em eat memory like whales, reproduce like cockroaches on your process list and have some annoying as fuck issue and/or botnetting.

Best for Windowws XP: IE 8
Best for Vista: IE 9
Best for 7: IE 11
Best for 8: IE 11
Best for 8.1: IE 11
Best for 10: IE 11 and Edge

I use edge for both

>IE
I'm all in for jokes and all that but I think OP wants serious answers.

they do the same thing

I've been using Ghostery.
Any reason I shouldn't be? It does stutter sometimes/won't load some types of content.

lynx or eww

Im prepared to be the only QTbrowser shill in this thread but shit shit is so comfy with my custom bindings to download stuff to specific folders and spawn videos into mpv with two keystrokes is too hard much to ignore.

Edge is the fastest I've ever tried on Windows 10/8.1. Also it has a vast extensions catakog and different apps you can customize it with to fit your daily needs.

Is Edge really that good and respects my privacy?
wanna switch too.

Anyone have experience with "ungoogled chromium"? Is it really the most "secure" browser out there at the moment, or is that just a meme?

Installed Waterfox last night to switch from Chrome. What other add-ons do I need?

Attached: 2018-09-10 12_44_35-Add-ons Manager - Waterfox.png (964x417, 31K)

t b h, safari is the best browser. for a time it was even the best browser on windows until apple stopped supporting it.

Yes. Last month Microsoft announced it will release the source code on Github

HTTPS Everywhere with the "block all unencrypted connections" option turned on

Fuck off, Edge is shit. I put in my own startpage and it always opens to their fucking bing homepage. I had to refresh to get to my own startpage. And it randomly goes to bing their bing search engine. It's like they're trying to get as many clicks as possible. Edge sucks.

I read somewhere here it is now botnet
is there an alternative?

FF62 is eating too much memory.

You read wrong

Even if you look at recent ratings you can notice a lot of 1 stars so theres something fishy

Instead of looking at the stars why don't you do a little research on the botnet claims you fucking mongoloid

>479x543

Attached: 1499444879963.jpg (220x287, 17K)

nice one retard
i did
thats my research
im not adding it
shill

Well since you came to your own conclusion why do you feel the need to ask here?
There are other alternatives to Https everywhere, just install one and fuck off, I don't even know you and I don't like you

Has been great for me. Even better than Iridium because it takes patches from it as well as other sources like Debian's upstream

>translator
you need to change the setting on about:config to use translator like chrome.

Use midori

>midori
It looks nice, never heard of it. Will give it a try, thanks user.

>Hurr durr any software I don't like is a botnet

Smart HTTPS.

Aaaaaand I can't make it work. Everytime I run the browser it just freezes. I just doesn't work.

And now even Chromium is giving me trouble with captchas everywhere, I can't believe there are no browsers that work right with them, captchas are making internet outright unusable for me.

actually, microsoft aqcuires github:))

>current state of nu/g/

I already used it and do not eat memory like a fat hungry
Some pages did not load correctly, but it looks pretty good
I do not know how much botnet it represents

Just use chromium, it's open sores but it's the same so you won't have to relearn anything. Mac users can use Safari, it's pretty good

hurt feefees