Is "smart but lazy" just a meme?

Is "smart but lazy" just a meme?

Attached: 1477834168337.jpg (750x750, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalhelp.net/articles/biology-of-depression-neurotransmitters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Truly brilliant minds do not like to rest. They often die young

somewhat but not really, it's mostly an excuse for brainlets who happen to be more intelligent than normies but still retards e.g. me

this too

Yup. I'm actually "smart but fighting with crippling depression and anxiety compounded by poor social skills". But lazy is quicker to say and let's people write me off easier, so it's what most people go with.

No, because I myself am smart but lazy. Won't say it in real life because I know people would think I'm just making an excuse, but it's true, and I've proven it to others before.

Attached: 14 fat 2.jpg (1000x843, 150K)

After much deliberation assessing people I come into contact daily I'd have to agree. Those who are truly smart find no musing in wasting potential time making their lives easier and of higher quality.

I find that in cases of those who claim to be lazy but smart fit into 2 main categories:
a.) They've abused drugs, booze, rarely sleep, or a mix of all three significantly hampering whatever intellectual prowess they had in the first place.
b.) Are dipshits so insecure about their room temperature IQ they have to announce they're smert and their lack of achievements is just a result of them not wanting to do anything rather than just being inherently stupid since birth.

Attached: Collage_20180622_17_36_261.jpg (720x595, 139K)

>If you're smart enough to realize the value of learning, developing skills and working hard at doing things that matter, then thats what seperates you from other people

there is literally no point in learning anything except how to survive outdoors

It is true. I reached a decent level of french wthin a month. But I hate other things and I don´t like to do the, Now, I´m devoted to phyton and I´m gonna get the shit out f it.

See, this is why I don't say it in real life.

I'm

It makes your life better and easier. It doesn't even have to be theoretical physics or some deep logically complex areas of philosophy. Something mundane as being able to sharpen tools/knives can greatly improve your life. Stupid people won't do even that not because they're lazy but because deep down i side they need to have someone hold their hand teaching them how do it in the most idiot proof way possible.

ie see college

no it's not. generally people invent stuff because they can't be arsed losing time doing it the usual way
it's the only correlation there is between intelligence and laziness though

No, it's not.

Intelligence and conscientiousness don't correlate so no

That's how I was throughout grade school. Everything, up to and including AP math classes in high school, was easy for me, I just breezed through it all and pretty much never studied at home.
University-level math turned out to be a different beast. At this point I had to find strategies for studying and learning at a faster rate than possible by just passively "taking it in" in class.
Turns out that with just a little effort I can make a lot of progress, especially on topics that are interesting. Now I regret to a certain degree the time I wasted earlier in my life on being lazy. Regret that I didn't work harder myself, but also regret that we have an educational system that slows big-braned people down.

Attached: 1536512205247.png (2753x2718, 556K)

t. "smart but lazy" brainlets

What does that have to do with the ability to make your own life easier/better? Sure the 4.0er may not make his bed every morning or even take a shower every morning but he still spends time acing classes and learning new beneficial things by himself.

I'd say it is, because anyone that actually is smart understands anything worth having is going to require work, actual real work. People who claim they are "smart but lazy" do so as a defense mechanism to justify their lack of results and/or their terrible quality of life.

Holy shit, are you LITERALLY me?

Attached: 1502900747740.jpg (480x270, 14K)

>They've abused drugs, booze, rarely sleep, or a mix of all three significantly hampering whatever intellectual prowess they had in the first place.

I didn't sober up until 24. Is it too late for me?

Getting good grades doesn't mean you're smart, it just means you're a good student. I'd rather deal with the guy that has a 2.0 gpa in physics than the 4.0 stacy in communications.

Your whole post is like you describing me.

people that are actually smart are not lazy

BTW I just realized this has nothing to do with tech, but still an interesting thread regardless

It has everything to do with tech, because most programmers consider themselves "smart but lazy".

>didn't pay attention in school at all for years

Attached: 1483469891629.png (657x560, 43K)

>t. average IQ brainlet

What are you basing that off?

Good programmers are smart, end of. They recognize that they can make their lives easier (thus giving themselves more time to do other more important things). Which is why they program.
They aren't lazy. FAR from it. Someone lazy wouldn't be able to pump out the sheer amount of code a good programmer does. Just because they don't physically move around a lot doesn't mean they're lazy, they just have different priorities.

His headcanon

I have a mensa-qualified IQ (real job interview test, not some silly online test), but my grades at school are average.
What does that make me?
Please no hate, I really just want to know what category I fall into.

ITT: brainlets trying to cope with how bad they did in academia

Attached: 1536239418776.png (447x378, 11K)

Take it easy on sucking your own dick fuckin codemonkey

fuck off brainlet

The camp that realizes that IQ above 100 usually means jack shit irl. IQ only matters when you are 2 SD below average since that really impacts how useful you are to society

It isn't a meme, but the reality is closer to "smart but with low standards"

Higher intelligence, even marginal, comes with a lot of mental issue a lot of the time and so people who are intelligent oftentimes end up having major mental hurdles which hold them back from realizing their full potential.

Burger education system is a complete joke. This is so common it's ridiculous. I'm in burgerland but went to an expensive private school and college was actually easier for me (and it's supposed to be top ranked or whatever).

Depends how bad your drinking was but in the end you still lost some amount of intellectual capacity you can't regain. It shouldn't stop you from trying to learn new things though, you never know if you never try. At worst you'll just need someone to teach you things step by step.

Attached: Screen_Shot_20180819_at_03.16.42.png (914x1288, 823K)

Only real brainlets post that pic

Most public high schools suck because of no child left behind and now common core. My highschool was top 2 in my state so university was pretty much the same thing for me. No real ramp up in difficulty. Easier in some cases.

So I'm just useless then? Fuck me mate.

Never claimed I wasn't but even morons like us can offer good advice based on experience. In the end it's the best teacher to all dumb and smart.

i say this srsly but what i mean is im smart but clinically depressed. i belive it, perhaps im delusional too, how would i know?

Attached: BnsLWKWCYAEwzRo.jpg large.jpg (610x342, 20K)

Not useless. You can always improve since you have more potential than the average person.

it hurts to know how close this hits to home

I had a sub 3.0 GPA after high school, and without changing really anything about my study habits ended up with like a 3.5 when I graduated college. Not that 3.5 is amazing or anything, but I dunno, people told my work ethic wouldn't cut it after high school (and before that, middle school, etc.). I think if I really gave something my all I could do something exceptional, but maybe my 'laziness' is just a mechanism to avoid my own failures.

Honestly I found college easier because of the fact that grades are more heavily weighted towards tests and labs and I could half ass the assignments.

Even if it isn't, isn't it an indictment? At best it's an admission that you received something valuable and decided to squander it.

>how would i know?
At some point when you were tested in a standardized fashion, did you see a '99' anywhere?

this so fucking much.

I'm literally an ace of all trades, master of all trades. Never went anywhere with my talents though because i had to wait for the dumbasses to catch up. Worst part was that the dumb shits had nothing interesting to talk about so my social skills became shit.

i think we are the same person

>At best it's an admission that you received something valuable and decided to squander it.

Squander is grossly stating it. It's not like the only two states are 'destitute hobo' and 'billionaire inventor'. If you are someone who really is 'smart but lazy' getting a normal high paying STEM jobs seems very obtainable.

Working hard is what dumb people do, unless you have some sort of passion for something why would you want to waste effort on stupid shit?

Because it leads to better opportunities dipshit. You want to be restocking shelves for minimum wage foe the rest of your life just because it's "easy". lmfao.

How you (wrongly) interpret a comment is none of my concern tbqh.

This is a good metric.

At the very least it's nothing to be proud of. Imagine turning to someone in your field who worked their ass off and letting them know you skated by on natural ability.

because i want money lol.

You don't have to work very hard to get a decent job, it's more about who you know than how hard you work.

Literally -2 IQ post.

>blame all of my problems on other people
t. brainled

>feels

Tell that to all my lazy pieces of shit cousins that got laid off their firms family members helped them get into lmao.

Literally -2 IQ post.

Obviously you have to perform at a bare minimum of competence but working harder than you have to for nothing is the height of stupidity.

Why you gotta give me these feels? I can't even hate you, now.

Attached: quote-still-and-all-why-bother-here-s-my-answer-many-people-need-desperately-to-receive-this-kurt-vo (850x400, 183K)

Not doing so makes you dispensable and prevents you from climbing the ladder you mong. But go ahead in life in that attitude and see where it takes you.

I did, and now I'm the creator of a billion-dollar game that a bunch of autists on youtube play.

>>Not doing so makes you dispensable and prevents you from climbing the ladder you mong
That's not nothing then, sure you'll have to work harder then.

Um the term you 'smart but lazy' fags are looking for is a superiority complex.

I saw "97th percentile" on a test I took at the beginning of high school, can't remember if it was just a standardized test or something similar to the ASVAB.

That can describe all of memechan

Very true, well except for /gif/, that's just a lobotomy experiment gone wrong.

you do it too fagget.
Anyways, i don't blame the idiots, i just note that the educaition system is rigged to appeal to the majority and thus suppresses deviators from the mean (the sub-60IQ retards, and the 120+IQ geniuses). There was this kid i used to know who had dyslexia but could solve advanced math equations. He was put in the "special need class" because of the dyslexia with the sub-IQ's and niglets.

I'm also only in the 97th percentile. Fuck how do i become smarter and be in the 99th?
I don't want to be a 98th-below percentile brainlet.

Saaamee

Then get out of my country.

>clinically depressed
You have literal brain damage, I am not joking.
either you have abused drugs/alcohol to the point where you literally burnt out some of your neurotransmitters, or, you were born with malformed synapses.

mentalhelp.net/articles/biology-of-depression-neurotransmitters/

of course if you were actually smart you'd know this by now.
That or your doctor/psychologist is fucking with you to sell you more pills, because that's easier and more financially advantageous for him.

I've noticed that most of the people here are similar to each other. Why is that?

>tfw it got so unbearably bad I attempted to commit suicide with pills but just wound up with a damaged liver
fugg

Attached: 1536189875350.jpg (673x768, 88K)

fuck you your mom has brain damage LOL

I was accepted to a government program for spotting gifted kids in my country when I was 10. I excelled in school and aced my math and computer science classes in high school with minimal effort. Sure, this is considered nothing in Jow Forums's standards, but I am objectively naturally smarter than 99% of the people in my country (Israel). This also correlates with IQ tests I have taken and the psychometry exam I did after high school. I was born to a working class family, had to sleep on a matress on the floor for the majority of my life with my younger brothers accidentally kicking me while asleep. The first time I had my own room was when I was 22 at the dorms, in the college I enrolled to. It was my second college, as I dropped out from my first. I dropped out from college again a year and a half ago. I am 28, NEET, spend most of my day reading ebooks, watching videos, and masturbating. Sometimes I drink tea with my mom. Pic somewhat related.

Attached: KLfFuKb.jpg (500x500, 71K)

Maybe you're depressed because you're a dumb weeaboo anime-poster.

>Israel
oy vey nice larp

Thanks for this new pasta.

I'll send you some kind of "It's A Wonderful Life" style angel to increase your iq by 2 SD and then watch as your relationships with the people around you totally collapse. It'd be like Jow Forums's Flowers For Algernon.

It really fucking hurts doesn't it? At least we're not stupid enough to believe in "intelligent" design.

Attached: Michael-Scott-Sad-Face-Funny-Picture.jpg (982x1024, 67K)

Nah. Most of the best students I met in college were lazy people. The ones who did the best academically were the kids who had weird complexes from having super strict families.
On average most people with 3.7GPAs that I knew ended up with higher paying jobs than those with 3.9s or 4.0s, or above.

i ruined my brain/life doing drugs younger than i should have. he's in denial, it's really hard to get out of the denial phase.

>It's A Wonderful Life
>Flowers For Algernon
What the fuck are you talking about dude I'm not from the 1940s.

We're deviants/abnormies/freaks/wierdos/outcasts.
Because we aren't normal, due to any number of factors, we get rejected by society and seek to find people like us the lighten the burden of our existence. We find it here, in the hate machine of the internet. This also leads to a sharing of abnormie cultures that results in mixed interests, which is interestingly enough why you will often see furshits and autistic children in STEM, since they get pushed out and develop interests in these fields since many people like them are often there as well with open arms.

don't do drugs kids, some the smartest people i've known have become retards because of it.

>tfw doing oxy has been the best part of my miserable life
Going cold turkey probably fucked me up too. I don't know how I made it a month after I quit without putting a gun in my mouth.

Is marijuana considered a drug?

Flowers For Algernon is great and you should read it. I don't think It's A Wonderful Life is great, but it is a cultural touchstone.

>I am objectively naturally smarter than 99% of the people in my country (((Israel)))
the uberkike?

I used to be a NEET up until the end of last year. Turned 28 a 5 days ago, I still spend most of my time reading manga, watching anime, and jacking it to hentai. Work part-time for $13/hour and fix up broken laptops and phones to sell on side. Take my family out to eat occasionally.

Do you also eat your family out?

No thanks. We need to deconstruct white history and not support it by reading books from its peak.

It really fucking hurts doesn't it? At least we're not stupid enough to believe in "accidental" design.

Attached: terry uses buff riku stand.jpg (640x480, 90K)

Most Miz and Sep Israelis are borderline retarded, only Western cosmopolitan Ashkenazi are known for being intelligent, and even that isn't totally true.

Given the ghettos high demand for it I honestly don't see how it's not a drug. Hell heroin slums often sit side by side these ghettos.