Has Apple become less innovative after Steve Jobs?

Has Apple become less innovative after Steve Jobs?

Attached: 104300870-steve_jobs.1910x1000.jpg (1910x1000, 100K)

yes

Yes, and it wouldn't matter anyways.

pretty much went backwards. would jobs sign off on a laptop with no ports?

Apple is carrying on Jobs' vision. Anyone who says otherwise does not understand Apple or Jobs.

whats the vision Mr. Cook?

Milk iShit like his boyfriend's prostate

Apple was never innovative.

Attached: 1529469060439.png (615x353, 105K)

Apple was never innovative, they just stole ideas from others and sold overpriced shit to iToddlers like it's the best shit ever. Marketing was the only thing they've ever truly excelled at

Oh there was innovation but it was *business* innovation, never tech. And the innovation was simply to extract vast sums from immature designer freaks with fragile self image issues. And it worked brilliantly.

But no tech, of course. That was just bought in from subcontractors.

It cares way more about money than before, and design team led by Jony Ive has been allowed to override the engineering side's concerns every time when under Jobs' tenure, design team didn't get to override engineering every time, and Jobs thought it was important to have a competitively-priced "gateway" product to hook young people into the Apple ecosystem.

Honestly this. The only thing Jobs did was mac color versions of macs plus kill off a bunch of product lines and fire a bunch of people like Claris. His "innovation" was entirely marketing gimmicks and advertising campaigns like "Think Different".

This.

Of course he would've signed off on that. It corrals the consumer even more to being dependent on Apple products and services. Don't you realize that Jobs wasn't a technology innovator but a business&marketing despot?

And yet everyone copied both Apple's design in phones and notebooks after when no one cared about similar products before, you kodak cannon even had research on digital camera but sold it off thinking it was a bad investment, being first doesn't always mean being right.

First iPhone was absolute shit. It lacked common features Nokias and others had. So they were never innovative.

I don't disagree. I am saying that Jobs didn't innovate anything technologically speaking and was a draconian ruler or cult-of-personality for the Apple fanboys and employees to rally behind as he marketed himself as some prodigal son of Apple.

He did push for "human centered" design however Jow Forums finds it's useless and iphones touch technology was better than probably all phones prior (all that I remember of) but most importantly under him people produced coherent products that integrated into each other and it wasn't a gimmick or a pure marketing move. Apple was even among first companies to heavily invest into AI assistant Siri (before google) but they fucked it up massively so being innovative doesn't always matter when technology isn't mature or is half assed idea.

>pure marketing move
Yes it was. It was entirely designed around creating an ecosystem of Apple consumers dependent on Apple solutions. It's been like that since the Macintosh launched in 84.

>And yet everyone copied both Apple's design in phones and notebooks
It seems a little disingenous to say that others copied Apple when Apple pretty much stole these ideas from others. At best you could call Apple a popularizer of some ideas, but even then it seems a little disingenious. When some ideas get popular, how much of that is Apple's "pioneering", and how much is simply about technology advancing to the point of making such things viable? I mean I have unironically heard Apple fanboys claim that without Apple we'd have no graphic UIs

The notch would not be allowed under Steve jobs. Although he probably would've run custom CPUs on Apple computers awhile back.

>custom CPU's
That's what PPC was. AIM, Apple IBM Motorola.

I know they used powerpc, but Jobs would've stopped using Intel cpus

For what? ARM?

>change jobs to wozniak
yes

probably AMD like the ps4/xbox switched to

>The Woz
I still don't fully understand his hack to make color work on the Apple ][. I think it was something similar to how NTSC and the color burst worked, but I think it's different for monitors than TV's.
>AMD
I don't know if they would switch to AMD. There were those rumors but they were always squelched because AMD didn't have the capability to supply Apple's demand.

im just saying at one time or another nintendo, xbox, playstation and apple used ibm type cpus. as for the supply and demand rumor? doubtful. intel probably payed apple or some other shit.

>intel paid apple
I could see Apple getting a discount on CPUs.

whatever would get their processors into computers

So making good product that becomes popular is a pure marketing move? Also marketing isn't just making commercials, it's about studying customers and their needs.
I am not claming that Apple is a pioneering juggernaut, but dismissing what it done on the basis of it not being first is silly hence I gave a contrast. There were phones and notebooks like iphone and macbook years before Apple released theirs, but after they did everyone eventually started copying Apple because those products were well put together and not some fragmented lone ideas and features on different devices. On top of that I gave example of Siri, released in 2011 when Google's Assistant was released in 2016 and shits all over Siri to this day amplifying my claim, that getting something right is as important and creating something new. Side note, maybe it's my selection of friends or me not living in U.S. but I never saw as rabid fanboyism for Apple as people describe here nor in Europe (where I studied), I was also very surprised when my friend from America told me that she doesn't know how to use Windows.

No, you can get any less innovative than 0 innovation.

It dropped to 0 after Woz left. He was the only good part of Apple ever.

That's Marketing, not Innovation.

>Apple
>innovative
pick one

What have others copied from fagbooks? I'm genuinely curious.

As for the rest, like I said, at best you could argue that Apple is a popularizer, not an innovator. I don't think they've ever had a good original idea (that assistant shit is cancer anyway). And yet people suck Apple's overpriced dick as if Steve Jobs had been some kind of genius innovation guru (only thing he revolutionized was marketing). Even then Apple's role as a popularizer is overhyped

>Siri
>Something new
You could do 95% of what Siri did on Windows XP with voice control.

They removed any distinguishing or interesting body lines or features, that's about it.

Macbooks single-handedly took the design out of design. Literally the Macbook just took a computer shaped cube, beveled/chamfered a few edges and called it a day.

This. The notch is obvious stopgap technology that should have never become public.

They've switched from ""innovation"" of making nicer devices that people laud as revolutionary, despite being polished versions of existing stuff.
Today's apple is about removing features and claiming it's about "bravery"

yes, the devil only contracted Steve

Unironically the best designed iPhones at the time were the 5s and 4s. They we're solid phones.