Found a use for my 1050 TI when it was just sitting around after I got my 1070

Found a use for my 1050 TI when it was just sitting around after I got my 1070

Attached: 2.png (1003x762, 250K)

i use to leave my ps3 on for this once in a while

Attached: 1464083498909.jpg (400x324, 23K)

botnet

no, really?

are you sure?

there's no way it could be a dreaded botnet

Does any good ever come of this? Do any problems get solved or do any new discoveries ever get made?

yes, we learned a lot how cancer forms and reacts with proteins. It doesn't make a good headline explaining the way proteins work and how we can use them to understand how cancers and diseases form and spread.

I re-tasked the mining rigs I had to do this.

128 1080TI's went from running nicehash to a commination of Seti@home and Folding@home.

fuck you for raising gpu prices

You're blaming me? You need to get your shit straight.

Blame the GPU manufactures for raising prices and possibly artificially strangling production.

Blame retailers for jumping on the bandwagon too.

>stops making some money to make nothing at all
yet minetards really are retards.

>cryptoshit is viable

I said "some" money.

I've run BOINC world community grid projects for a couple of years now during wintertime. However, the increased fan noise has started to bother me so I'm not sure I'll continue. We'll see.

What diseases have been cured from folding@home? It's been going on for 15 years now, and I haven't heard of it producing any results.

I made my money. Bought a few rental properties, bought a few hundred acres and built a house, and bought a few vehicles.

I'll likely let these run until the weather starts getting warmer, and then sell them for whatever used 1080ti's will go for at that point.

i looked it up and mostly seems geared towards medicine, with maybe some advancement in treatments? idk i skimmed real fast.

Botnet.

Thanks for looking.

no shit

lol yeah yeah

Whatever they do - they won't cure humanity from giant asteroid hitting Earth.

Too true.

>an asteroid isnt the cure for humanity

Attached: 1467031331604.gif (400x225, 2.68M)

No one folds anymore when they could mine shitcoins an get $$$

When I was around 13 I thought it was some kind of PS3 game and used to leave it running all day collecting points, then got some of my online friends doing it as well to see who could get the most points. I had no idea until like 7 years ago that it was protein folding.

when i was 13 i played progress quest for a while

Yes, it helps the rich live longer, at practically no cost to them.