What would Jow Forums recommend for a tablet. I'm looking for something to use primarily as an ereader...

what would Jow Forums recommend for a tablet. I'm looking for something to use primarily as an ereader. I'm considering the Asus zenpad 8 because it has desirable specs (expandable storage) and is around $150 USD.

Attached: _MG_9496.jpg (800x533, 639K)

>I'm looking for something to use primarily as an ereader.
Get a dedicated e-reader. Reading on a tablet for prolonged times(hours), no matter how great the screen is can seriously bring probolems with vision.

>reading PDF on e-reader

Just get a 2 in 1 laptop instead.

Is there a good reason I shouldn't get a Amazon fire HD10 and flash lineage on it or whatever?

i bought a lenovo tab4 8 last year for reading weebshit
its pretty good, about the same price

Mi Pad 4 looks lit I'd buy one but I descend from Moses

Attached: 2018062501210281nyziuej[1].jpg (500x500, 27K)

Bought a tablet for mangas and reading, it was absolutely horrible.

Got an e-reader instead and couldn't be more happy. Fuck tablets, they are useless. If you want something portable with a biggest screen than a phone then get a light laptop instead.

>tfw e-reader cost as much as mid range tablet

what e-reader did you get?

Kindle Manga, only avaliable in Japan but ebay sellers sell them for a decent price.

Has English and supports your local amazon account.

>Kindle Manga
>paying to the botnet

Unironically the only good tablets are the iPads.

Got cash?
Get Samsung Galaxy Tab S 4
Poorfag?
Get Nvidia Shield

Get any android tablet or phone and install Ddocument Viewer from fdroid and takes some time to configure once comfy set night mode and enjoy

Attached: Screenshot_20180910-140416.png (720x1280, 136K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180910-140534.png (1280x720, 319K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180910-140601.png (1280x720, 207K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180910-140615.png (720x1280, 441K)

This
The only good options are AMOLED tablets, and only samshit makes those. A Tab S2 is still fine nowadays and cheap too.

Get a 2 in 1. Infinitely more usable.

I already have a 2-in-1, but it's awkward to read on because or its 13 inch screen. I love it and all, but I don't really care for reading on it.

I think I've come down to 3 different tablets I'm considering. The Asus Zenpad 8, Lenovo Tab 4, and Amazon Fire HD 8. Out of the 3, what would Jow Forums recommend?

Nexus 7 was the last good android tablet.
You can pick it up for dirt cheap and it has full LineageOS support.

whichever has a good ROM community around it because otherwise you'll never get updates.

they are cheap, but if not for games and more for other shit it would be fine.

Mi Pad 4

those tab s4's were just on newegg for like $125, thought about it, but processor seemed a bit weak, guess they are a few years old now.

I think you're confusing Tab 4 with Tab S4

i bet you are right, they all seemed overpriced for what they are, it was a pain for me to find a tablet because the Amazon's were under powered, but the name brands were too expensive. and 98% of chink shit was old ass/shitty processors.

No point in getting anything but the Ipad (newer versions).

yeah, $275 ain't bad for a snapdraggon 660
wish the screen was bigger or that it was cheaper though... Prob overkill for a reader, but good tablet.

>Mi Pad 4
too expensive. I don't want to pay more than $150 on it

Nexus 7,

>I don't want to pay more than $150 on it
FX PP-970
9.7 inch Tablet Octa Core 2560X1600 IPS Bluetooth RAM 4GB ROM 64GB 8.0MP 3G MTK6592 Dual sim card Phone Call Tablets PC Android 5.1 GPS electronics 7 9 10

>MTK6592
2553 geekbench 3
1563 Vellamo
38163 CF-Bench
30656 Antutu

not bad for the 2014 era

Is this better than mupdf?

Lenovo Tab 4
The Zenpads have this weird thing going on with the screen, I don't know how to describe it but it's like anti-aliasing and it's shit
Amazon Fire is just ugh
The tab 8 PLUS (not the basic tab 8) is a good value tablet with a nice screen and some good features like camera flash, haptic feedback and tap to wake

~ sent from my Lenovo Tab 8 plus

Teclast M89

>Is this better than mupdf?
Best I've used so far and I've used a few over the years

I read all the time and needed something truly portable but large enough for my textbooks so went with literally the only option of the og mi mix with the bezelless 6.4" screen. Absolutely love it, look at dhgate you might find one for 225 with a newcomer discount