Mfw bought 16gb of ram

>mfw bought 16gb of ram
what the fuck am i supposed to do with that? i play only WoW and browse google chrome

Attached: 1473707312163.png (526x904, 761K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Thorstad
spiegel.de/international/germany/gay-activists-in-germany-silent-on-alliance-with-pedophiles-in-1980s-a-919119.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chrome cash on ram

Windows and chrome needs it

He looks like a pedo.

16 GiB is a good amount, especially considering you're running Windows which eats up about 3GB on boot
8 GiB is the bare minimum these days, but it's more than enough when running a light DE

>buying stuff you don't need

Attached: 1305855400156.png (388x587, 243K)

care to elaborate?

I wish I had 32gb. The task manager lies about how much ram it is really using. You need to look at "free memory" no "in use" since that doesn't take into account the cached memory that's still clogging up ya ram sticks

Meaning he's ungainly and creepy-looking.

are you retarded? every OS uses RAM not used by applications for caching

4 works just fine. Everyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell you something.

8gb is minimum but unless you play battlefield and run thousand browser tabs you wont ever 16gb yet

>>Browse chrome
You did not buy enough ram

I only have 32GB and I often run out.
granted I use a ramfs to build my projects
but seriously, why do you buy stuff you don't need?

Unused ram is wasted ram. Any decent OS should take advantage of every portion of RAM it can get. Of fucking course when you boot a gaym or some sick app, it'll juggle the memory to better suit the needs.
If you are sitting on more than 2GB of "free" memory on your usual workload then you are effectively wasting resources.

>OS takes up all the RAM
>you can literally not use anything
whew lad

If you use Windows, then it will gobble up all that RAM no problem.

What were you expecting, to have barely anything on RAM then waiting ages for stuff to load?

This is the unfortunate truth. 4gb is fine for 99% of day to day users

Maybe if you're a tech vegan pursuing low RAM usage as it's own end, or if your specific use case never requires more.
4GB is the minimum. 8GB is recommended. 16GB is what you should get in special cases.

Same. I have 16gb or ram and a coffeelake cpu and all i play is diablo 2

>mfw bought 4x4gb, 16gb in total of ram and running low
what the fuck am I supposed to do with no empty ram slots left ? why would you do this to me Jow Forums ? with your 8gb isenoughmeme

Attached: 1532112794794.png (1920x1590, 2.43M)

Better to have it same not need it than need it and not have it

Attached: downloadfile-5.jpg (960x540, 36K)

These days ram speed matters more depends on way your using it for desu
3200+ is good for gaming and you can get away with 16gb
Any power user workstation fag needs at least 32gb+
Servers run into terabytes of ram needed.
Your average desktop laptop mobile phone and other consumer level stuff does not need vast amounts of ram if your just running one or two big apps at the same time.
I can't wait till we have ram pools and do away with ssd ram and CPU cache and gpu ram and just replace it with a big single unified pool that does everything

currently have 32GB. old build had 16GB and GTAV would somehow prompt windows to say that it was low. fuck shit stack of a game on a fuck shit stack os.

Pudgy soft faces and ears that stick out a bit are loosely correlated with pedophillic tendencies, due to the way the same hormones that affect the sexual development of the brain also affect the physical growth of the body.

Faggots also have more angular faces I think, and kinda elongated limbs/torsos or something. It's been a while since I read the research on it all.

Imagine playing WoW in 2018.

well by next year every program and operating system will eat twice the ram so you made a good decision.

>being an edgy homophobic piece of shit

I hope your employer finds this and fires you and you end up homeless

browse wow and play google chrome

My employer has no conflicting viewpoints with me, and is even giving me a healthy raise this week, sorry, pedofaggot

If you cant handle that homosexuality is based in the literally exactly same form of biological dysfunction as pedophilia then just kill yourself now. Pedos helped you faggots get your rights for decades, and this is how you repay them? What incentive do I have to treat you as human if that's how you treat your allies?

Keep Jow Forums in Jow Forums stormfaggot

>form gay rights group
>win gay rights
>reorganize same group as NAMBLA
>profit???

Keep it in /leftypol/ butthurt degenerate communist

BRO I GOT 64mb in my iMAC

Sorry Jow Forumstard but my side is winning. Enjoy being a minority in a decade

*shudders*

Fighting the good fight

Attached: WjNCD3gY_lIawBEvgjDnglLSnug0GeUl2uurub1uGaw.jpg (640x409, 47K)

You dont have a side, you are either genetically superior or not. If you are not, you dont win, because a better being will always arise and put you degenerates in your place.
That's Darwins laws bud. You are destined for a worse fate than I am.

I hate this fucked up world we live in now. 1GB should be much more than enough for normal people who aren't playing games or doing serious work like photo editing or programming and compiling large projects. But now you need 4GB to run a fucking piece of shit gnome desktop and google chrome with one tab open. It's a fucking joke

>THIS IS WHAT Jow ForumsTARDS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LMAO LMAO LMAO

YEAH SURE CONSERVATARD YOU'RE SUPERIOR AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You're going to side with niggers that destroyed African forests and wildlife faster than the industrialized world, and you think you will survive? Good luck.

Yeah reported, Jow Forums belongs in Jow Forums

/leftypol/ belongs in leftypol. I answered a question about pedos and correlation with appearances, you turned it into a debate cause you're so fucking assblasted that I wont suck your dick.

Get a life antifaggot.

Dawwww is the little snowflake triggered?

>Pedos helped you faggots get your rights for decades, and this is how you repay them?

Attached: sqadwood.gif (498x370, 745K)

>implying it isnt well documented in bother USA and Germany
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Thorstad
>gay rights advocates in New York immediately moved on to pedophilia after
spiegel.de/international/germany/gay-activists-in-germany-silent-on-alliance-with-pedophiles-in-1980s-a-919119.html
>gays cant even get rights without pedos to act as their lawyers.
Feels good knowing my lifestyle isnt owed to the most degenerate humans on earth. Too bad you cant say the same.

Please can we just talk about ram

I'd die using 4GB.

I like to have 100+ Chrome tabs open, that usually eats 5GB on it's own.

So between Chrome and Windows I',m typically hovering at 7-8GB used constantly.

I was using 12GB DDR3 until my new recently build which has 16GB DDR4.

Ram not being used is wasted ram.

That's what I tell my boss when he has 40 chrome tabs open at once, jokingly.
Then he responds
>i dont see a point in closing them. When it becomes too many, it'll just crash on it's own and close them for me.

Install gentoo

Play 4 instances of WoW simultaneously

Attached: 89768E5A-7364-4F87-B648-41E4FD65F775.jpg (1024x680, 140K)

stupid weeb

Unironically, I'm trying to on a VM right now for the first time.

You clearly dont have enough tabs open on google chrome.
I have 16gb and wish i had more. I have so many tabs open that if i play any game more complex than fucking fortnite my RAM is beyond full.

>have 60
>have second desktop with its own monitor, KB, and mouse
>friends give me their passwords so I can run their alts through instances
simpler times desu

thats 5 instances

put photoshop on a ramdisk
VMs
other ramdisk stuff

It’s just an example of what multiboxing looks like, with 16GB and a modern build of WoW I imagine 4 is the most he could get without losing too much performance.

I have 32gb, fell for the meme. I use 20gb as a RAM drive.

>peak quality year + 9
>multiboxing only 5 instances

Attached: 22c2.png (1920x1080, 3.65M)

Fair. Can't say i actually had any idea how much RAM WoW used

>browse google chrome
Sounds like you need more RAM

>he bought something he had no use for
moron with more money than sense

>windows 7

>2012

Attached: 2018-02-25-234438_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

16GB is the new 8GB
pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180910-210301.png (1920x1080, 481K)

>not having still been on XP

you can install gentoo... in a virtual machine
every time I get back on wow in private servers I end up setting up a VM to click the vote links every 13h, to run a local WoW server for testing. You might find out you like linux

Attached: 1516254884775.png (576x432, 393K)

you could at least sort by memory

I do regret not turning off transparencies and decorations earlier, I kept the ME look for years afterwards

16 gigs of RAM is only really useful if you want to have dozens of chrome tabs running, lots of programs running, play vidya that likes to eat RAM, or you work with CAD or some other graphics software. Having too much won't hurt you bit it seems 8 gigs would have been more than enough for you.

>retards still falling for the 8gb meme

Attached: 1521405363370.gif (800x430, 897K)

How is he gonna control all of them with only one mouse?

This. Communist revolution when

>16GB is what you should get in special cases.
16GB is literally not enough. 32GB or go home.

>browse google chrome
That's why you need it

you need even more for chrome

>browse google chrome
Well, there you go.

>waiting ages for stuff to load
>in 1990+28 year of cheap flash storage also known as an ssd

You are an idiot kind fella.

500mb ram drive here. Useful for all that shit you download once and forget to clean up.

>clogging up ya ram sticks
you must be retarded

I have 6GB. It was enough until it wasn't.

16gb still isn’t enough for chrome