How does doxxing work anyway?

I'm clueless about this, and I can't find anything about it on the Internet. As far as I know, it's just magic. Like, you can just look at a forum post and know the IP address of the person who posted it? Can you do this even if that person hasn't logged on in years, or if they've closed their account? If so, how would this even be possible? Not looking to doxx anyone; I just want to understand how doxxing scripts work so I can better protect myself.

Attached: hot-girls-of-summer-bikinis-20170711-102.jpg (780x654, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Docs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You talk so much about programming, but you cant talk about hacking because you cant actually do anything. I run a hacked network of computers that I programmed to click on googles ads in my secret website. I even write my own viruses to make people get hacked into my network. I work at home and have a bunch of screens showing me what people on my network are doing on their screens. I can even set it so that i can see the code of their computers. can you guys do any of that? I dont think so. I bet you dont know where all the websites real hackers hang out are either? if you name them, I just might tell them that marshviperX sent you.

Ever study a subject for school? Try studying a person. There's plenty of online resources that help you find bits of information. Try looking from an outsiders perspective and see how much of your life is revealed by a shared username.

You sound like a typical script kiddie.

Care to elaborate? I haven't been able to find any resources that describe the actual process of doxxing.

99% of doxxing has nothing to do with technical knowledge and is just social engineering and putting bits of information together that links a person to their online identities.

Man, that sounds exciting. I'd really like to be you for just a day. I'm an IT janitor and my job is to keep things running. You know, an update here and there, storage management, change permissions, add mailboxes. You name it. Pls don't hack me.

It's usually literally no more than getting info of someone's Facebook profile

>Someone makes offensive comment
>Find persons Facebook
>From there, find their family and place of employment

There, that's it.

not sure if serious or godly ironical

how does one become script kiddie?

Well, I'm German. Now go try to figure it out user. You think we can into irony or not?

>Be kiddie
>Copy pasta scripts
Does that make sense to you?

Almost.

You sound incredibly naive, and/or stupid.

I hope you're just trying to be funny.

generally it's done using public information.
People tend to reuse their username on many different sites, or at most have a couple of usernames that you can link together.
If there's no personal information on them you go to their friends list. Find someone who does have their personal information online and available to view (twitter, fb, etc) and start combing through their profile and looking at their friends. You'd be surprised how much you can find about someone like this.

Exactly this. I would just add that a lot of people are incredibly stupid and make it easy to put the pieces together

Attached: china face.png (589x635, 357K)

what if you don't have any social media?

it will be very hard for someone to doxx you then.
If you really have no forum account or anything else that had personal details on it, it's near impossible.
At that point the only people that could even potentially doxx you are:
someone with elevated access on a service you use (credit card service employee, bank employee, etc).
Someone who actually knows/has developed an exploit to extract personal details from services you use.

Obviously both of those types of people are very rare, since they generally get caught and fucked over by the law.

yeah its mostly just search engines

you take their username, find it used on other sites, look at all their info/posts related to that username and any other pseudonym you find used related to them. photographs too can provide location evidence in their code, as well as the picture itself. smartphones tend to record location data onto an images exif data, many sites don't upload that but some do

phishing works the same way, and its how most of the serious security breaches start.

essentially the human user is going to be the weakest link in any man-operated computer system from here on out.

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Docs

All these answers are good, but there is one method that isnt just googling someones name. If you get someones ip its possible to social engineer their info from the isp. But it requires posing as a tech and a decent amount if technical knowledge so skids are too stupid to do it.

Hi newfriends

So you want to be a hacker? It ain't no easy task kiddo. You should just stop now. Don't even try.
The most you can probably ever do is click buttons on LOIC and buy crypter packs on Nulled. Even
Cain is going to fly over your brain. Do you know how fucking hard hacking is? Pentesting is not for
the light-hearted. Are you willing to learn and understand a bunch of programming langauges? Python, Ruby,
and Javascript can probably be learned in days. Maybe a few months for Java. But C++? Haskell? C? Assembly?
And those probably are not even enough. On top of that, are you willing to get comfortable in a Linux system?
It's quite different from the clicky pictures you have on your RGB covered Windows gaming system. Are you
willing to learn sofftware engineering, OS development, networking, reverse-engineering, malware analysis,
exploit-writing, fuzzing, data structures, and all the other topics required to become a proficient pentester? Are you
smart enough to know how to perform a social engineering attack? Are you willing to learn Mestasploit, Aircrack,
Hashcat, Ettercap, and all the other tools a pentester needs to know? Or are you just going to download and run
wifiHAX_n0t_V1RuS.exe? Are you willing to understand computers to the hardware level? Are you willing to spend
years mastering and perfecting your skills? Are you willing to spend time everyday to stay updated with current
pentesting news? Just stay in your little gaming world, kiddo. Go show off to your friends and DDOS some minecraft
servers or click on open IPs in Shodan. You don't have the drive to become a real hacker. You never will.

Suck a cock faggot.

i am gayyy

Has it really been this long?

Jow Forumsentlemen. At least I'm not alone.

samefag or did you bruteforce a significant ammount of tripcodes possibles?
if so how much did it take you and what language did you use?

You're just too new. Oldfags (and probably shortly after I post this comment, newfags that go searching for it) know the tripcode by heart. It's a trip that a bunch of people used to spam the copypasta in until it was banned. At one point I think posting with it would actually get your ip banned automatically.

You are not alone my dude. It really has been that long, that the people who now consider themselves "oldfags" weren't here for it.

go back to asp

Already know those programming languages. Already use Arch Linux with no GUI. I don't know what point you're trying to make here.
Oh, and...
> Metasploit, Aircrack, Hashcat, Ettercap
Fuck off, script kiddie. If you were a real hacker you would write your own tools.

>how does doxxing hurr a durf
Look, people are fucking careless in the age of social media, they post their personal shit on facebook with their real names..imagine that fuckery..simple google/duckduckgo searches will yield results and you can take it from there

lurk more

It's basically just calling a bunch of places pretending to be that person asking for information, just call someone that would have their information and say something along the lines of, "Sorry I just changed addresses lately, can I make sure you have the right address?" and eventually someone will be stupid enough to divulge your information. Or you could hack an account that has their address or something, like a pizza profile.

Lul, iphone can't tell the difference between two different asians. To be fair, neither can I.