ITT: we make a full list of mistakes in tech

ITT: we make a full list of mistakes in tech
>C
>C++
>anything unix, (all the way tolinux and android)
>NT kernel
>x86

add to this and argue

Attached: american-psycho-bateman.jpg (600x327, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_eSAF_qT_FY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10

The only think correct on your list is x86.

u

javascript
futaba
Qt

Check this.

Were you trying to get doubles user? You know that's against the rules.

I already said NT.

oh yeah, forgot those, add gtk

GNU

Smartphones (Caused a chain reaction that ruined the web forever, caused plebs to appear, caused the ad-jews to follow them and infect literally everything, caused a centralization in a medium that was meant to be decentralized, caused massive privacy converns...)

those are some of the biggest wins in tech

No.

>x86
youtube.com/watch?v=_eSAF_qT_FY

Linux

t. webdev

>NO, STOP SHITTING ON MY CRAPPY LEGACY OSs, ARCHITECTURES AND LANGUAGES

You have no idea what you're talking about, shut the fuck up.

>No
>Yes
>No (Unix is great, Linux is trash)
>Yes
>No

C++ is not a mistake because it's actually fast and efficient (unlike C).

This is bait

No it's not.
C++ is faster in practice, as it allows you to write efficient code easier than C does.
And of course, you do need to know what you're doing and be skilled at it, and that isn't a negative.

>C isn't a mistake
>Unix is great
Shouldn't you be fucking dead ritchie?

seriously though, C and unix suck, at least in 2018

Here, have an actual mistake.

Attached: intel pin.jpg (355x355, 16K)

let's try to learn from the past and predict what some mistakes are being/about to be made right now

I'll start:

webassembly
dependent types
semver everywhere

man, it's 2018. hammers suck.

No nigger, a hammer is a hammer

C and unix are wooden hammers, why use them when we have iron hammers? see my point?

Look at every unix derivative OS, look why they suck, it's because they were built on a shitty legacy OS
look at any C written software, all the security faults, it's because they were built on tons and tons of legacy language lines

ARM
CUDA
node

>doesn't know what a mallet is
If you don't know what tools are and are used for then get out of the shop.

>t.dumbass boomer

you forgot
>niggers
>faggots
>jews

check what?

C is not a hammer. It wasn't shit when it was invented, and it's shit now. The only reason it and Unix caught on is because they were cheap computing solutions not because they're good. They aren't.

>this thread

Is there even an alternative to Unix and NT? Amiga and BeOS/Haiku are any good only on desktop.
>inb4 Plan 9
Plan 9 is Unix evolved, but you said anything Unix is a mistake.

What was a better contemporary solution then?

Ada, forth , Agol , Pascal. The list is endless. The only reason that c is popular is because of Unix. Which was cheap and easy to set up. Do you know how much a lisp machine cost?

>LISP
If these were better solutions, why didn't they perform better in the market? Surely if they were better that means they would be more cost effective at producing valuable software and workstation solutions, would they not? Why were the prices not matched competitively if they were that much better? Could it be that the market culled the ineffective performers and left the industry with the best?

RTX

all the shit we layered onto the stack after the 70s

>? Why were the prices not matched competitively if they were that much better
Of course a C-tard would be a tech illiterate that doesn't understand basic tech history and believe in the "free market". The only solutions were used to write workstations which were very expensive. Unix was cheap becuase you only had a few central servers doing the computing. The "market" chooses cheap soultions. It doesn't choose the best solutions with long term sustainablilty only a complete fucking retard would believe something like that.

That's your opinion. It's not fact.

Oh but it is a fact. If we lived in a world of rational informed consumers windows wouldn't be the most popular desktop operating system.

Irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant you asked why "the market" allowed for the spread of Unix and c if they were shit. It's because "the market" is made of irrational uninformed consumers that choose cheap soultions without thinking about what will be better in the long run. C has cost the world probably trillions in security problems that would have been avoided if another system language was used. It doesn't help that boomers are lazy and arrogant. So they couldn't stand languages like Ada that demand that you program correctly.

No. The market needed a solution and Windows provided that solution. What else would've filled that role? Certainly not Macintosh, because that requires buying new hardware. Certainly not UNIX because that is incompatible with their current DOS software. Do you even know what the market is or means?

the market is an abstraction of societal perception of value
In other word because the majority of people are stupid, what the market demands is what an idiot would demand

>electricity
>telegraph/telephone
>radio
>transistor

I know what you've been brain washed to think the market is. This guy get what the market actual is .

You don't know what the market is.
Whatever samefag.

Whatever you tell yourself C-tard. Keep believing your fairy tales about rational informed consumers.

Fag.

Jow Forums

t. webshit zoomer

>t. incompetent spaghetti code writing boomer
Use a real language like Ada or forth. Dumb faggot.

This unironically. Turing didn't die for this.

Don't hate on him too hard. I bet he's trying his best to apply his coding boot camp skills to anything besides a legacy CRUD app

Learning from mistakes is how progress is made.

GPL and GNU are the biggest mistakes I've seen in tech.

Lol at the impotent brainlet rage.

>C and unix are wooden hammers, why use them when we have iron hammers? see my point?

Lol, you're fucking retarded. Don't use tradesman analogies when you don't even know what wooden hammers are good for.

TempleOS

Flash
Javascript
Electron
PHP
Android
Ultrabooks

This. Tech world be better with more knuths and fewer tyrones

ACPI

Tremendous wins:
>C
>C++
>Unix
>x86
Biggest fuckups:
>everything related to Winshit since 3.11

corrected for you.

>Tremendous wins
>C
>C++
>Unix
>x86

Attached: mostused_whatsapp_emoticons_hashslush5.jpg (620x400, 11K)

I have yet to see an argument against NT.

PHP
arm

Original Unix was alright, V7+ sux

Women who think they can code.

Mind explaining why?

>javascript
>python
>MMU