Recently my friend started asking me about linux after years of blowing it off as pretentious garbage...

Recently my friend started asking me about linux after years of blowing it off as pretentious garbage. I found out he's been toying around with kali because of that show Mr. Robot.

As much as I want to tell him to start somewhere else, I am having a lot of fun teaching him how to do the basics.

He is starting to get bored of info gathering, but most other things are a bit beyond his reach because he doesn't really understand what the point of certain exercises are.

What are some fun pen testing projects I could guide him through that have tangible results that are a bit more complicated than
theharvester -d www.example.com -l500 -b all

Attached: normie.jpg (768x433, 53K)

>Kali
>Mr Robot
Nice bait OP

Have him do a ctf. Lots of them online.

I suggested arch or kubuntu with no success

ls
cd ~/faggot/Documents

Not sure if projecting or not, but there is little to no point of asking Jow Forums anything that you can ask search engine. Get TOR and start lurking.

no, have him try to break into any of the alphabet agencies servers/systems. either go hard or go home

OverTheWire is fun, but difficulty ramps up considerably after the first few sets.

Retard norman is gonna get v& for real.

Then he's gonna finger you.

Start doing your stretching exercises now.

Stop him while you can, he may actually do a crime, and you'll be an accomplice to it.

not taking the bait

Attached: 1486537526341.jpg (463x469, 30K)

>implying this isnt a projection of epic proportions

fuck off and learn the way the rest of us did, dont try to have g spoonfeed you 1337. Also the fact that you fucking think they even could does not bode well. Just get back to doing your IT degree from phoenix and leave the real shit to the non-handicapped folks.

Attached: 2e2bb857590c514788d7f34bd2ce1e03eea2bcaf737f9dc3a79558ce0a9460d3.png (500x471, 130K)

dude opioids lmao

Attached: tidepods.gif (200x172, 70K)

>v&
wtf does this even mean? blackbagged?

for years i have wanted to go full linux but games held me back valve has taken away that obstacle and just as i think its finally time a video player in an online game has once again blocked me why is there always an obstacle?

Its a van that goes around picking up ppl who didn't install gentoo. V& = vanned.

Attached: 1484519381132.jpg (1533x1015, 198K)

>muh vidyas
come back when you grow up

Lurk more

ok
sorry, i do this thing called going outside

Not every file system will have the same directory names as yours.

>hurr what is a basic example

VulnHub

Well that's stupid unless you also know exactly what wifi drivers he needs. Kali comes loaded with special patched drivers for many devices to allow injection. You would likely have to hunt down the patches and recompile the drivers yourself on Arch unless someone else was kind enough to upload such a build script to the AUR (unlikely for something that obscure)

>spoonfeeding summerfag remnants

Attached: tumblr_inline_my6e1mpjHk1ryw35q.jpg (405x269, 21K)

>tumblr
>namefag
go back

>implying there's even a difference between leddit/tumblrinas/Jow Forums
those walls went down a long time ago my nig

Attached: 1527032728529.jpg (612x499, 89K)

based truth poster

Direct him to the beginner quest Google CTF's. They're fun.

get a laptop and install linux. keep your desktop with windows around for games and stop blaming volvo for your misstakes.

>dude opioids lmao

Go both or go home lamefag

Attached: CAM00006.jpg (2048x1536, 543K)

stop shaking the camera you crackhead

Okay, this is epic

Make him write a webpage in C- -.