/sqt/ Stupid Question Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>Last thread:

Attached: 38.jpg (1300x1300, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aiZ8xwwycXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based rustleposter

anyway Debian finally moved to Firefox 60 ESR. Is there a webextension replacement for Cipherfox? That is, some addon that'll show me what version of TLS got negotiated, along with the ciphersuite and cert information?

So has anybody here ever used an online phone/SMS service to verify or unlock their Twitter?

I'm likely gonna try Proovl but first why not see if anons know of something better.

Attached: phonebooth.jpg (2988x5312, 410K)

I hate torrents sometimes. Start out blazing fast then when it gets to 98 -99.8 percent, the shit just falls flat and never recovers. Why? Goddamn shit. I hate it. So I hunt and hunt, trying to find a different source, only to find it does the same exact thing. So I'm left with two or more of the same thing (different sources) but all of them stuck at 98 - 99 %. Shit fest all around. If the shit is new, then no problems, but if it's got a bit of age, wham, you risk not getting it.

Yeah, I've got half a dozen that have been sitting at 70-99% complete for half a year now. I just let them be, maybe someone will seed what I'm missing.

>public trackers

Can I replace my PS3's 90 nm Cell/RSX with newer ones made at a smaller node (60/45/40 nm)? Looking at the stencils I've noticed that the GPU pinout seems to be the same while the CPU pinout changed at one point down the line.

>I don't understand torrent

explain kevin

The electrical installation in my flat is a complete joke, not only it's not grounded, but my landlord is a total jew and won't fix it.

For a few weeks new I've been feeling electricity in my keyboard (metallic), as well as my guitar when I connect it with my midi cable, sometimes when I touch my computer I get electric discharges.

Is there any way to reduce that? Protect my installation? I don't care if it's expensive, I'm just tired of getting shocked when I touch my keyboard.

Why is C++ STL considered bad? Is there anything else I should avoid? I'm learning it and always see you faggots saying the STL is bad.

Attached: 1535220879262.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

The reason is simple to understand: no one who downloaded the full thing stayed as a seeder, which means that all of the seeders left are missing the same 1% of it. Most of them probably didn't notice it or doesn't care, so they seed, which is why you downloaded 99% of it very quickly (since there's an abnormal amount of seeders) but you'll probably never manage to get the 1% remaining.

Just but the shit you want.

No matter what I do, I can't create a volume here. If I shrink the system partition to the original size of 350mb, I'm left with two unallocated sections that can't be combined. Why is >700gb of my drive locked off?

If I can't fix it I'll just pull it out of this and gparted the shit out of it, because for whatever reason any attempts to run that on this PC lead to instant crashes. There shouldn't even be a system reserved partition on that drive, because it's never had an OS on it. Does Windows install itself on two drives without asking?

Attached: fucking windows.png (1008x387, 20K)

Best resources for studying for the CCNA?

Why the fuck did you make it 2TB in the first place? It happened similar shit with me, and your best shot is gparted anyway.

my friend is selling their ipad and wants to make sure no data can be recovered from it. wat do?

just factory reset, nobody can recover anything unless they have expensive data recovery tools and far too much time on their hands, and even then they probably won't find much

i want to nakadashi luna

thanks lad.

Thoughts on this take on net neutrality?

youtube.com/watch?v=aiZ8xwwycXA

>system reserved partition and OS partition on separate drives
What the shit are you doing nigger?

I was seeing if cutting the partitions on the drive from three to two would make a difference. It doesn't.

Attached: fucking windows 2.png (1112x297, 24K)

I installed Windows to the SSD. I have no idea what the fuck happened.

def function(x,y):
if x > y:
return x
if y > x:
return y
if x == y:
return str("zzzzzzzzzz")

I'm a bit of a self learner. Is there a more efficient way of doing something like this?

Honestly, just use linux (a live CD/USB works) to format the whole drive or download partition wizard. It's a crappy windows program but it works well and can be uninstalled after you're done formatting the drive

what's a good foss win10 app to password protect individual folders

python has a max() function built in

>I have no idea what the fuck happened.
You had empty drives during install and selected the HDD, then backed out of it when you realized you made a mistake and chose the SSD, but you didn't remove the system reserved partition from the HDD, so you ended up with them split across two drives. Wipe the SSD and reinstall, then think about your mistake.

Attached: 1535855797987.jpg (225x350, 33K)

Run some 4 AWG cable from something metal that goes to the ground like a water pipe and through a conduit and connect the ground terminal on your outlets to it

how the FUCK do you add a new directory to a visual studio project???? IDEs are fucking trash

Attached: 1516895479537.jpg (387x437, 40K)

You think that would do it? Thanks I'll look into it.

Hey thanks for the tip, that works.

np bud

got anything for me here?

You mean New Filter? It acts as a directory.

Attached: aldfkjslkgfjadflj.png (672x366, 12K)

That's exactly what I did. I didn't even know you could configure Windows across multiple drives.

Fuck. Thanks. Doing that now.

Windows actually does this by default, especially if your HDD is first in your Bios boot order. It's why it's reccomended to disconnect all your drives except the one you're going to put windows on during install. The only thing that's weird here is the size of it. Double check whether the partition style is MBR or GPT. Right click disk 0 > Properties > Volumes

then why doesn't it create a real directory in my file system? seems likeit's just some kinda pseudo directory

That's pretty much what a proper ground installation is, except that it's inside the walls instead of an outside conduit and it goes into an electrode deep inside the ground instead of being ghetto and conducting through the drain pipes.

The size was me fucking around with it, see . Not Windows. SSD is definitely set to first in BIOS, but I did have all four HDDs enabled. I've disabled all the other SATA ports now and I'm reinstalling Windows.

I have a old rig with 3 970s in sli and a 3820 in 2011. Have prices dropped enough on the 1000 series to justify an upgrade. I probably don’t want to put the money into a completely new rig until after the series after this one with ray tracing.

Thanks for your time bros

Attached: 65799A3F-CCF5-4820-99B0-FE1BCC642BC6.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

I want to delete my accounts on most sites and delete my alts and social media I dont use anymore but I find it hard because I have many memories on these sites I dont want deleted. How do I overcome this?

should also mention that you can usually disable certain drives as bootable in bios before you install windows. i did that on a laptop about a week ago

You don't need to reinstall windows. You just need to move the boot files.

the gtx/gtr whatever 20x0 series is going to be a total flop. it's like 25% performance over 1080tis. it won't make a huge difference. should've sold those 970s to crypto miners tho, could've gotten something better out of that cash

Also, as a safety measure to prevent people from fucking around in settings and deleting system32, Windows will not allow you to delete the system reserved partition from the partition manager, this can only be done from command line, or a 3rd party program like AOMEI PA.

Attached: 1525047875171.jpg (848x480, 47K)

For 4k do you think it's worth waiting for 700$ 2080s or going now for a 650$ 1080ti? I have no doubt that with dwindling supplies and incoming disappointing benchmarks of the rtx bullshit that the GTI is going to hover in that range for the foreseeable future.

I am finally going to get into soft overclocking. Assuming I am not asinine about it and go incrementally how much should I worry about bricking any specific part I would overclock between cpu/ram/gpu.
Is Hardware overclocking still a thing in this day and age?

That's right, I never noticed it though. Fuck it, I don't know how to do it.

Reinstalling's a lot simpler and faster than trying to figure out how to migrate the system reserved partition to another drive.

I would take a hard pass on that. Current gen cards are already hurting on 4k, you'll likely be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory there.

Have a 128GB MicroSD card in my phone. Have around 45GB worth of music on it. Whenever I skip foward or back on songs, at random intervals the music app will crash. I've tried uninstalling the music app (Blackplayer EX) and reinstalling it. Upon reinstalling, Blackplayer EX fails to scan more than 400 of my 2600+ songs. I've since formatted the entire MicroSd card, and am currently in the process of pulling my music from my server to put back on the phone. What could the problem be?
>LG Stylo 4 on Android 8.1
>MicroSD card is a Kingston branded card
>The MicroSD card has been in and out of like 9 devices in it's life without a format or clean slate wipe (maybe this is the issue?)

Attached: 8d2ad5ab3ce51a2f65f29099ac6ac08e.jpg (550x550, 52K)

Hardly. EasyBCD does it no problem. Also great if you just like removing the reserved partition altogether for simplicity.

you could check its health but honestly as someone with a 40gb library on a phone who owns blackplayer ex,

just use vlc to troubleshoot

Not sure I follow, are you saying just give up on 4k? I'd be aiming for 60fps.

how do I cut off x pixels from the left and right of a frame and y pixels from the top and bottom of the frame using ffmpeg?

Attached: 1522940810786.jpg (1300x1734, 221K)

1080Ti does 4k fine if you're willing to turn down/off the Anti-aliasing and drop the shadows a notch. I know the 2xxx series is all about their Ray tracing craze, but we still don't have hard numbers showing standard DX11/DX12/Vulcan API performance. Memes aside, the 2080 might be a fucking monster even without the Ray tracing nonsense.
>Soft overclocking
What? You mean like using software to OC? Manual clocking is still the preferred route for your CPU although I wouldn't bother to overclock if you have a Ryzen chip. Their stock boost performs better. GPU is still always software. The days of flashing a pre-overclocked BIOS onto a card are long gone. The most they offer now is dual BIOS and in the event of high end cards, they offer a liquid nitrogen BIOS. (My 980Ti classified has this)

No, I'm saying specifically don't do what you're talking about, which is paying full price for a high end last gen card. Unless you're a trust fund baby you're gonna wanna wait.

Thanks, I guess the right idea is to go with my initial gut and wait for next weeks scores and hope that the 2080's will actually go for MRSP 700 prices.

All the tools I tried demanded payment because I'm using Server 2012.
Command line blocked it too.

That has absolutely nothing to do with his problem. He selected the HDD first during install and Windows automatically created the system reserved boot partition on the HDD since it couldn't find one on any of the drives.
Then he backed out and selected the SSD without deleting the boot partition. So now Windows looks and sees there's a boot partition available on the HDD, but the user specified they want the OS partition on the SSD.
If he deleted all the partitions after backing out from the HDD, the installer would have auto populated the SSD instead.

>intentionally breaking the way an OS is supposed to function by removing the boot partition and just throwing the files into the OS partition

Attached: 1514896305953.png (1280x720, 1.23M)

Drama much? It's not like it's a new idea. Literally the only thing windows uses the separated partition for is bitlocker.

you mean cropping?

Kek. It's exactly the same thing as making a single partition in advance and installing windows to that.

Did you try easybcd? As long as you select the option for "personal use" it should be fine.

yes, but without giving specific coordinates. just like, I want 20 pixels off right and left, and 10 off top and bot

How do i add things to the quick access menu when they are on the very bottom in android? They stop scrolling about half way up and then the icon is dropped from the finger and its impossible to add anything but the top 2 rows of tiles.

Can't remember if I tried that one, sorry. I definitely tried something with a "personal use" option and it still blocked it b/c of Server. It's all fixed now, thank god. Now I just need to decide whether to bother with software RAID or not.

Attached: fuck windows 3.png (741x480, 16K)

I'd avoid the traditional raid solutions. Snapraid is pretty good.

My laptop screen has a visibly yellow tint, but the colors on the monitor i have hooked up to it look fine. is there some kind of software color correction i can do that would fix the colors on the laptop without altering the colors on the second screen?

>right click image on Jow Forums
>save image
>Chrome crashes
>every time
Is this happening to anyone else?

Attached: 1476046808198.jpg (558x480, 35K)

Does OR only take two arguments in if statements? if (a == b || a == c || a == d || a == e)
Will it ever reach a == d + a == e?

Can you use any stylus on the X220 Tablet (including a Nintendo DS stylus)?

which language? in a good deal of languages it's nicer to check whether `a` is in the set `{b,c,d}`

thatll work, but it doesnt even matter since (((1||2)||3)||4) is logically equivalent to 1||2||3||4

I have tried for hours, how do connect to a NAS with Windows?

I can get it to show up in the network, but I can never write to it. Only once could I after fucking with the NAS and got 20MB of usable storage. Once I got it all to show up but I couldn't write to it. I feel like a complete brainlet.

Im using Plex Media Server for the first time and I cant detect any content. Im using a WD 2TB Passport external HDD. My folder is named usr/My Passport/Movies. I have films in subfolders but Ive renamed a few to film (0000).ext and it's still not working. I heard Filebot can help but I can't find a version for i386 only amd64. Any solution to this?

Attached: plex.jpg (1920x1080, 56K)

Are you sure you added a movie library and pointed it to the right folder? Does the plex user have permissions to read that folder?

Kinda of a dumb question but how often do you actually use the right shift key on your keyboard

I use opera

I can't install audio interface drivers on my frankestein PC. Is my motherboard a retard or should I just update Windows?

Attached: 31.png (577x429, 24K)

>Does the plex user have permissions to read that folder?

How do I check that on Plex? Im running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS by the way. The folder path is /media/usr/My Passport/Movies. What should my permissions be exactly on this drive?

You dont check it on plex, its not a plex exclusive feature.
Make sure your folder is readable in your system

When your left hand isnt on the keyboard

have you tried in plex, rescanning the library?

What browser is fastest?

need more details. what nas or nas os are you using?

When buying a hard drive, should I stay with famous brands or is it ok to cheap out and get lesser known brands.
Also, assuming I am looking for capacity and especially reliability, should I look for 3.5 inches or 2.5?
From experience the 3.5 fail way more often but are cheaper at a given capacity.

I think opera technically, although in practice you'd want to go with vanilla ff.

is it impossible to get oneechan/stylechan now?

>windoze

windows comes with a tool specifically for this purpose, bcdboot

ye

Can I just paste a pirated game folder to another drive and have it work? Or should I just reinstall it?

It'll most likely work. If not it's likely ancient legacy games and you can fix those easily with a search+replace in registry to point to the new installation location.

It's readable and writable already. The problem is that it's not detecting correctly named files.

Yes. Still not detecting anything.

Good, installer wanted 80GB+ Free for a 44GB installer and want this on my small 128GB Boot drive.

Thanks

Hey guys how to know the manufucturer of my RAM chips?

No, use 4chanx

Why does
int8_t x = 0b1000 0001;

cout

Then plex cannot read them
Did you add plex to your "users" group or your "username" group? It's one of the two, i dont know how ubuntu handles the default users group.

How are you adding them? Whats your folder structure? Did you name them to how plex wants them(TV)? It wont really matter for movies, throw them in a folder and move along