/spg/ - Smartphone General

2018 iPhones Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: DmuxPEbXoAEGNDv.jpg (1000x836, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
mega.nz/#!iAsUBK5S!Q-xG_lo8Z9-atiCcHhBMrQeM7pd8boI46AWry8esWpA
indiegogo.com/projects/alldocube-x-tablet-for-high-quality-entertainment#/
notebookcheck.net/835-vs-MT8176_8554_8401.247596.0.html
forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/how-to/how-to-unlock-bl-kernel-twrp-root-t3541648
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: NOTCHED.png (733x521, 276K)

>Good Resources:
>>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
>gsmarena.com
>phonearena.com
>kimovil.com

Doesn't include www.phonemore.com

Attached: pep.jpg (618x597, 144K)

Feels good having a note 9

Attached: 1536282942437.webm (480x720, 1.78M)

anyone here used the Pocophone? the specs seem rather decent

That website is actually garbage

so far its the best phone i've had. low spec but i dont power use phones so it works for me. built in sylus is neat too.

Attached: stylo 4.png (267x370, 110K)

moar?

MEXICAN POCO PHONE WHEN

BREH

Attached: 1289934254848.jpg (486x486, 44K)

I have an old motorola phone I wanted to root, but when I tried to go through the steps on the motorola website for unlocking a device, it said my device doesn't support bootloader software. Do any of those apps that claim to be able to root your phone like Kingo or whatever actually work?

Yea

>tfw my S8 has a small crack in the glass on the back from a drop
What case to get? The phone fell out of the belt holder. I don't want further damage.

This

What model?

Seems to be a Droid Mini?

THIS PLEASE

Attached: check em.jpg (248x249, 11K)

N O T C H E D
O
T
C
H
E
D

Attached: 1508457929990.jpg (1267x2102, 367K)

lol same. makes reading this general pretty pointless though when you already have the best

>belt holder

Attached: boomer.jpg (1500x1378, 425K)

So my family member is visiting me in the USA for a few months and we went to a phone service provider to find out about non-contract options. They tested the phone to see if it would work on their network and to test they reset the phone number. Now when we try to switch the phone back to the original phone number we can get any verification texts or calls since we are not in the service area of the original number. Is there a another way to change this number back while still in the USA? Phone is an Iphone 6.

Would really appreciate any help.
pic not related

Attached: merlin_141174117_d642565a-ad53-490e-8611-130756fd325e-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1353, 1.19M)

>US
>ting
What is the best I could get for $200 ish or less?

Attached: 13c76829a3ab2fa89f1c5d88f97245c4225bdd2dc7f382f8a3f6065605c5623b.jpg (308x335, 28K)

Bros is there any reason to buy a Note 9 with Galaxy X being around the corner?

Looking for a cheap new phone. I'm thinking of getting a pocophone even though I live in the u.s, am I going to notice anything hiccuoe beside slow data speeds? As long as it works fine on wifi I think I can deal with that.

Attached: 2b1.png (820x331, 191K)

lol notch guy samsung makes fun of has a hot wife and a child and they can all afford to get the latest iPhones.

Check the bands

>ese feel cuando compre el meme note cinco

mega.nz/#!iAsUBK5S!Q-xG_lo8Z9-atiCcHhBMrQeM7pd8boI46AWry8esWpA

Why do pajeets absolutely love mobile phones? All the phone repair shops by me are run by paki bastards.

I just started iOS development with my company after 5 years of doing Android. Swift is pretty nice. Anyway, why do all of my development tools suck? Even AppCode is ass compared to Android Studio. How is it possible Apple treats their developers like shit? Storyboards are retarded, app submission is tedious, cost to start up is ridiculous, stacktraces maybe 50% of the time, no real file structure to speak of, unreadable project files that cause merge conflicts at the slightest opening of the file, fowl language misuse from the API's... I could go on forever at the horrible design decisions deliberately made by Apple here.
My question to you, user, why the fuck do we let Apple get away with this? How come I'm the only person who wants Apple to get their shit together? Why do they treat their app devs like shit?

Good for him.

Nuoh my god

Attached: 1481439502170.gif (147x154, 565K)

Poojeets can't afford computers. Phones are the cornerstone of Indian culture as it allows them to see bobs, something they can't do normally since they're absolutely disgusting creatures

u da man

Help would be greatly appreciated:

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Verizon
>Budget
Around $300
>Size
As small as possible
>Features
Removable storage
Aux
Whatever OS allows most freedom, least bullshit
(used to think this was android, but now i don't know)

Attached: 800px-Kitty_Joyner_-_Electrical_Engineer_-_GPN-2000-001933.jpg (800x1000, 117K)

I've used android, wp, ios and symbian.
Never getting back into android.
I need suggestions for a new phone, no way in hell I'm buying the iPhone X, it looks trash, not into gestures and but if they have a decent release soon I'll stick with ios.

Now my biggest interest is back to WP, I know its obsolete but idgaf, I'm not a gearwhore I just want something with decent battery life and build, with the ability to do the basics like internet browsing, music and texts. L920 was so bad, I had to get mine replaced 3 times for either dusty camera, overheating and got the lcd burn at the end. BUT, it worked, software-wise it didnt bug out or lag.

Anyone still using WP and will be using it for the foreseeable future, pls post experience with the new OS's and what not and state what phone you have.

thanks

i'm looking for something with an ok battery time and can handle some of the more goofy mobile phone games these days like girl's frontline.

i have a SJ7 that is blacklisted due to my father's shenanigans and want something along those lines.
thank you for your help in advance.

Attached: 1529476289312.jpg (409x487, 39K)

I just retired my WP because many of the apps were being retired and the camera stopped focusing and the camera was generally obsolete anyway.

I miss the operating system so much though. The email and calendar were better than ios. The whole tile interface is much cleaner and convenient than my new iphone. Plus my wp had removable battery and memory slots, wireless charging and you didn't need a cover or case since the actual body was enough protection. I just feel it was a superior design but without support or modern processors and camera they won't hold up as well.

Reminder to look for Snapdragon phones if you play weeb games.

>look for an AMOLED tablet to replace my old S2 phone
>find nippon tablet that is essentially a white tab s4 panel from 2016 for $600, chink tablet that is again a white tab s4 panel on kikestarter for $300 and tab s4 the only one with black bezels for $900
I swear samsung is doing this shit on purpose why do they even manufacturer AMOLED screens with white bezels?

>Apple users spend money on apps at a 2:1 ratio to Android users
>App developers who want to make the most money the fastest target iOS first because that's where the majority of the money is
>Apple can afford to treat developers like shit because they have such a lock on the customers developers actually want that it doesn't matter.

Lumia 950 is what my fiancee uses and she enjoys it, though it's 2 years old and stuff is starting to not work anymore. She's sad she can't get a new Windows Phone and we're starting to figure out which Android phone she could eventually "upgrade" to.

Opinions on the (upcoming?) Samsung A6? Is the camera decent?
I know there are plenty of better phones with better hardware for the same price but it's for someone that really only likes Samsung software

What do you mean blacklisted?

>it's for someone that really only likes Samsung software
I'm guessing it's a gift. The camera seems decent, combination of that screen and battery as well and you seem to know what's wrong with the hardware. You might want to look into last year's A5 if it has comparable price, that one had better internals IIRC and was waterproof.

Attached: why.png (422x365, 129K)

For use with Ting which is generally over priced once you reach 3gb, would be the Moto Z2 play or X4

moto g4 play, root'n'boot. It's not the smallest, but this is the phone for you my friend.

I have one and it's gr8

Google Pixel (2016) still good in 2018?
Or i should buy Mi A2?
What i wanted:
Good camera
Fast animations

Yeah, pixel have trash battery, but i deal with this shit, if phone is good

>ese feeling cuando en lugar de pocophone vamos a tener poco phone

lol

Ya cambiate a AT&T puto

Do you use wireless buds with your phone? If so, what brand are they?

Jajaja este wey

Have any ausfags here bought one of those real cheap optus phones?

That coupling looks a bit weird and unfeasible

Whats your CHINKED status so far?

- Redmi Note 5
- Back button doesn't register sometimes, maybe 1/100 of times
- Sometimes I have needed to restart because the SD card doesn't register. Then no matter how many restarts I need to plug/unplug to get it to register again
- Australian adapter they sent me makes some sparks when I put it into the socket, doesn't snap to the socket like it should

>Before listening to Jow Forums:
"Just trust the chinks, they want good feedback and satisfied customers, so they make sure their phones are legit"
>After falling for the chinkphone:
"What did you expect from chinks?????????????"

Attached: images.jpg (154x196, 6K)

>want OLED tablet
>options are $900 snapdragon based samsung or $300 mediatek chink
Am I missing something here? Is snapdragon massively overpriced or is mediatek utter shit? The battery size is almost identical, they use the same display panel so what gives with the 3x price difference?

>2018 iPhones Edition
Really curious about those, but I'll likely be disappointed. If the leaks are true, the SE will be deprecated and if they are not, it'll likely be notched on dongled.

But my main reason to come here, is to inquire about multitasking. So I'm looking for a new phone to replace my aging blackberry (5 years old, just got an OS update last week, but the H is stuck and the browser can't keep up with the (((modern))) web anymore… sad) and so I played around with the gfs android (some 2yo Sony thing).
How the hell do I switch on multitasking on that piece of shit? And more importanly, why would anyone switch that off by default?
As soon as I open more than 2 apps, the third one stays in that stupid multasking card deck, but if I bring it back into the foreground it reloads (browser) or just stalls with a black screen for a few seconds until it's back.
W
T
F
My Q10 with like 10% of that fuckers RAM and CPU power can keep 6 apps running without problems, probably more, but I don't need more, but only 2? No fucking way.

so how do I turn on multitasking and is the iphone better?

Its 2018 and i still dont know how to root my phone.
Anyone have a link for good material or guide?
I have a Xperia ZX, and all i want is super user access to be able to use adaway. No further modding, nor fancy stuff.

I have Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo) with newest LineageOS 14.1 with microg (no gapps). My wifi signal range really, really sucks - lately, I haven't been able to use wireless outside room with router. And it's not a router problem, because on my laptop everything works fine. What can I do about it?

Good thing warranty exists, right?

is unlocking the bootloader really as much of a safety risk as the warnings make it seem

No, your device is almost certainly encrypted anyway.

serious question.. not trolling, I love android but..

is there an Android phone which actually records audio decently or the problem resides on the OS and I'm fucked?? every fucking Android phone that I have had sounds like shit when recording something loud.

I don't know about loud, but I was able to record a conversation in a pretty noisy bar with remarkable clarity with my HTC 10. Are you trying to record rocket launches or something?

Definitely a faulty unit.
Mine is working perfectly fine.

Op6t? S10?

recording in places where music is loud.. to show light shows and stuff like that.. iOS devices seem to have some kind of dynamic compression which works fine.. android devices seem to record everything too loud.. so if the volume surpasses certain level (not even very loud in my experience) they start distorting like crazy, I don't know if this has to do with hardware or just the way android devices record video.. will see if I can get an HTC to test out. I have had samsung phones, huawei, redmi.. tp-link.. just can't get them to record video without distorting like crazy when something is just a little bit louder, which doesn't happen with the iOS devices I have had.

No, it isn't. Often times your device needs to be decrypted for this to work, but performing encryption again is fairly easy and your internal storage will be password protected. Also, you will be able to install custom ROMs which are open source (no security risk there). Many manufacturers don't support this, because of security holes and exploits they might've chosen to exploit, etc. The process of unlocking the bootloaders doesn't void warranty on Xiaomi devices.
Neither of these are out yet. I don't understand what response you're exactly expecting.

first time im ever thinking of doing this and i just really want to get rid of all the bloat on my poco, yellow pages and majority of googles stuff
why they force that trash upon people is beyond me

>weird witch looking bitch
>hot

user go outside

Assuming this is the tablet indiegogo.com/projects/alldocube-x-tablet-for-high-quality-entertainment#/
>Am I missing something here?
Yes, it’s not everything is same except the soc. It’s everything is different except the screen.
>Is snapdragon massively overpriced or is mediatek utter shit?
A bit of both probably. Here is a comparison on just the soc’s
notebookcheck.net/835-vs-MT8176_8554_8401.247596.0.html
>kikestarting a 3rd rate chink company
Don’t do this to yourself, at least wait for reviews.

Attached: image.jpg (520x611, 178K)

>first time im ever thinking of doing this and i just really want to get rid of all the bloat on my poco, yellow pages and majority of googles stuff
I forgot to mention that rooting also doesn't void warranty on Xiaomi devices. OnePlus as well. Good luck. It can be done through ADB, but not guaranteed to work on every device because of permissions.

do the google apps still run in the background regardless if i use them or not? i was thinking of just hiding them with nova launcher in case i chicken out

obviously not done on a note since you didnt get it in slow motion

Is there an app that share the screens between phones on the same network with drawing capabilities?
Like a whiteboard over wifi using your phone screen?

Attached: 1536605943409.jpg (500x674, 175K)

>Here is a comparison on just the soc’s
>notebookcheck.net/835-vs-MT8176_8554_8401.247596.0.html
to be honest I don't see what is wrong with a 6 core part compared to 8 core its just a tablet and 350 MHz will never show up outside of a benchmark maybe I'm just retarded but the only difference seems to be 28nm vs 10nm for less power usage
>Don’t do this to yourself, at least wait for reviews.
Fine its only a saving of $70-80 or so I'll wait till end of the year and see if the tab s4 drops in price or if this all do cube turns out to be any good
Thank you animeposter

If you just hide apps, you've changed nothing. Don't worry, it's easy as ticking a box next to an app you want to uninstall in Titanium Backup. Or alternatively deleting their folders from /system/app and /system/priv-app.

>iPhone XS max
>Not just iPhone XL

Attached: yhy37.jpg (603x444, 30K)

alright ill wait for xiaomis unlock confirmation and i'll get it done
thanks

Not same type of cores and clock speed on the different cores means nothing either, that’s why there is benchmarks, gaming tests and remarks on general smoothness in reviews.

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/how-to/how-to-unlock-bl-kernel-twrp-root-t3541648

The new Nokia phones got good audio recording thanks to Ozo Audio

Pocophone

I really hope they don't do that. Naming your phones after clothing sizes, and them fucking those up.
But then on the other hand, we are looking at nu-apple here, so yeah, they're probably going to do that.
Oh well, could be worse
>iPhone XS-L Ultra
Probably next year…

Anyone with a Mi 8 willing to post a mini review?

I miss when phone were made out of plastic. I miss my S4. I don't miss the lag or the shit battery but I miss the plastic build and removable back.

I like glass phones but I hope they're on their way out soon...right bros? I would gladly pay $650 for what is essentially an S9+ with plastic back

When did Jow Forums become so normalfag-tier that people are actually bragging about purchasing overpriced notched jackless trash without being called out for it?

Attached: 1471006701561.jpg (600x800, 57K)

I think Google Hangouts has this capability?

Anything else?

I absolutely destroyed my redmi 4x yesterday night. I'm mad because it was a good phone.

Will I be better of just buying a new chinkphone on gearbest or trying to repair it somehow ?

Attached: angery.png (128x117, 21K)

I will in a few days when I get mine and play around with it for a bit

Dear God....

The Pocophone unironically looks based as fuck

>SD 845
>4000 mah battery
>6gb wam
>1080p

>$300
Ive never seen a chinkphone that was a good deal until now

Destroyed how?

Screen is completely fucked.

can you actually find it for $300 though?

It is a notched plastic piece of shit that is not waterproof and you are a bugman for even considering it

Is there any reason to wait for the galaxy x when the note x will only be 6 month wait more?