I want to buy a laptop for college but mom doesn't want me to order one online and ship home...

I want to buy a laptop for college but mom doesn't want me to order one online and ship home. She wants me to buy my laptop from a big retailer, ie Target or Best Buy. The problem is that all the laptops they have way lower specs than the laptop's actual company offer on their own website. Is there anyway I can perhaps order a laptop online and have it shipped to a retailer for pick up?

Attached: A1U+gjYeW+L._SX425_.jpg (425x279, 30K)

>college
>but mom
You're over 18 now, you no longer have to bow to every whim of your parents.
You could even do what they want and buy one at a retailer, then return it and buy one online.

This just might be the worst thread I have ever seen on Jow Forums.

Congrats on that my man.

i was once banned from skateboarding and I bought a skateboard at the mall when my mom was there, and put in under the car - then quickly shuffled it into the car under a blanket when we got to the car

when you put your mind to it, you can be anything

>but mom doesn't want me to order one online and ship home.
please fuck off

If you order from Best Buy you can get a student discount. I have an ACER laptop like that one, but for pure work you'd be better with a macbook pro. Don't buy your laptop for games, that will just distract you from being productive. You should consider the size too because it may feel awkward if you're carrying around a 15.6 inch laptop in your backpack.

This is best advice. Put a blanket on it

Lots of manufacturers have student discounts.
But either way, buying used is the way to go.

Well the reason I want a strong laptop would be for editting that required in my major not for gaming

A bunch of retailers have that option online. If you are getting a laptop for college. Get something enough for classes, and save the rest of the money for a desktop for your dorm.
Dumb ass. They are still paying for his food and school. Their money; their rules.

Get a x230t on newegg or Ebay. Best decision you could ever make. Ultrabase can be left in the dorm (can be updated to bluray drive), 19+ hour batter lasts all day and doesn't slowly die over time while it's in sleep mode (or at least nine doesnt)
16gb ram capable, touchscreen with stylus, 720p webcam, good wifi options, knowledgable forum support.

Cant make a better argument for anything else.

Attached: 1467441924595.jpg (863x768, 149K)

Have it held at the post office. Your parents seem like they're paranoid about giving out their address and probably also have their phone number delisted. Get a PO box if you must, in-store laptops are always dogshit that cost much more than what they should.

Go to the store and have your mommy buy you a ChadBook Pro like everyone else. It’s better than your autistic faggot gaming laptop anyway.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-10 23-11-11.png (338x38, 5K)

>They are still paying for his food and school
>>>>he actually thinks the majority of parents pay for their student's shit
That's spoiled rich babby shit.

He's either middle-class asian or upper-class white.

Office depot often has some nicely specced consumer tier shit op could use and will price match amazon.

OP get a

Fry's electronics does online price matching, as well.

A majority of decent parents, will, in fact, aid their kids, in their pursuit of schooling. I am sorry if your parents didn't.

Best Buy can order any of their online catalog to deliver in-store or to home. Usually a good option if you want open box or specialty gear.

Source: prior employee

You haven't seen much